Tablet sunshade
3518 28 2016-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Hi guys

I just want to share with you the sunshade I use to be able to have 100% control of my images framing during flight.

I have try many others and nothing compare to this one.

I use it set on my RC or on my tripod with a 10 feet long iPad cable.

Let me know what you are using in your cases.

IMG_3867.JPG
IMG_3866.JPG
2016-4-3
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

No sun glare for sure. I use the one from Dji store, yours are definitely the best.
2016-4-4
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Hmm...maybe get an Inspire 1 tablet holder for that.
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really like that Hoodman but I wanted to tote around little as possible.
I ordered this anti reflective screen protector  DayVue and supposedly you can perfectly see your tablet in direct sunlight. If it does what it claims to do I will be very happy.It's even supposed to work with polarized sunglasses, hope that works good as well.
http://www.nushield.com/anti-reflective-film

2016-4-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 13:29
I ordered this anti refle ...

Ken, I ordered the same one but I didn't see any where where it said it worked perfectly in direct sun light!! I remember it saying worked great in shade!! Hope you are right though
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-4-5 01:34
Ken, I ordered the same one but I didn't see any where where it said it worked perfectly in direct ...

I thought I saw somewhere that it claimed that.
We'll see. If it gets me away from using a sunshade I'll be really happy.
It does have a no risk warranty.
We offer a 60 day complete refund including up to $5.00 in shipping costs after purchase. Full details are available at http://www.nushield.com/product-warranty.
2016-4-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

GQ, I orderd mine from Hoodman yesterday ( Same model as yours  for I pad) , thank you for sharing.  How did you mount the Ipad to the tri-pod? , I love that idea and currently own a fairly good tripod . Now I am really excited to get it.  Awesome !  The part I did not understand was that the 2 piece kit from Hoodman  was " Out of StocK   '.....BUT .....if I ordered them seperatly for 10 dollars more  I can do that .  I did not want to wait so I just bought the two seperate pieces.  

I also purchased a Day - Vue anti reflective screen protector that  goes over the I pad as well, I cant stand glare !!  
I really like the Idea of the seperate I pad and  tripod  with a `10 foot cable because I am not looking at the Screen half the time ,  Brilliant !

-donnie
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Got word from Nu Shield, I hope it still works ok in the sun. They said a weak reflection can be seen in direct sunlight. So it should still be way better than not having one.
Here's what they said.
DayVue™ antireflective film is installed you can readily see that the display is clearer and brighter with no haze. However, even the DayVue film will not handle direct sun because the strength of the light source overwhelms the film’s ability to cancel glare. A weak reflection can still be seen.They said you should be able to still see the screen in direct sunlight, I'll be happy if it does that.
2016-4-4
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 13:29
I ordered this anti refle ...

I have try this one and NO it does not work clear enough. I mean not enough for my taste.The Hoodman sunshade is realy the best solution on the market when a drone operator wish to frame and control the image at 100%.
Otherwise yes you can always not use it or set it on the RC.
I prefer on my tripod set up.
This way I can be in a very good immersion and in a fraction of a second can be in line of sight with my bird.
Depend what you have do to and location access where you have to fly.
2016-4-4
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-4 13:39
GQ, I orderd mine from Hoodman yesterday ( Same model as yours  for I pad) , thank you for sharing.  ...

Donnie. There is many tripod solutions for iPad on the market. Google it you will find it I am sure.
Mine is iStabilizer brand.
tabflex_adaptor_back-001.jpg
2016-4-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-4 16:00
Donnie. There is many tripod solutions for iPad on the market. Google it you will find it I am sur ...

That is all i need thank you GQ

Brother donnie
2016-4-4
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-4 17:09

Brother donnie

I hope you will appreciate this sunshade hood Donnie.
Let me know.
2016-4-4
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-4 11:59
Hmm...maybe get an Inspire 1 tablet holder for that.

Yes I will get one in case I set up with the RC. I prefer on the tripod set up.
2016-4-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 13:36
I thought I saw somewhere that it claimed that.
We'll see. If it gets me away from using a sunshad ...

I got mine today, installation was easy, basically make sure surface is clean and dust free. Use scotch tape to remove dust particles before installation.! Inside the house with lights on, no reflection as long as iPad is on, with it off there is reflection but that would be normal. Will try in daylight tomorrow.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rayrokni Posted at 2016-4-7 09:14
I got mine today, installation was easy, basically make sure surface is clean and dust free. Use s ...

Nice, mine came in the mail today also. Have not had a chance to open and install it.
It's been very sunny everyday except today. I'll try tomorrow.
2016-4-6
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-4 17:09

Brother donnie

Hi Donnie

Did you get your Hoodman sunshade ?
2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-7 13:49
Hi Donnie

No as the Matter of fact it's funny you should ask,  I had a delivery today and thought for sure it was my Hoodman but it was my Nu Vue  "Day Vue"  that sticks on the screen of the I-pad air.   Hopefully it arrives by tomorrow, really excited to try it.  I think I am going to hold of on the Day Vue  until the Hoodman gets here, I dont think I will need that and will more than likely put that one on my wife's I pad to cut the glare  on hers.

cheers -donnie
2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-7 13:49
Hi Donnie

Also by the way thanks for that I- pad Tripod mount  Infomation, I am pretty sure Best Buy has one in stock.  If not the one you demonstrated, I am going to order.  "tabflex adapter "

Thanks again,

Donnie
2016-4-7
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-7 15:03
Also by the way thanks for that I- pad Tripod mount  Infomation, I am pretty sure Best Buy has one ...

Great Donnie

Keep me posted.

GQ
2016-4-7
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

I really like to use this Hoodman sunshade.
In a bright full sunny day I can perfectly see my screen and frame the way I want at 100%.
HOOD2222.jpg
2016-4-13
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-7 15:03
Also by the way thanks for that I- pad Tripod mount  Infomation, I am pretty sure Best Buy has one  ...

Hi Donnie

Did you get your Hoodman ?

GQ
2016-4-19
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

This is probably a silly question, but how does one access the tablet for executing commands to the Go App?  Is there an opening, perhaps covered by a flap, to allow momentary access for this purpose?  It almost looks as though there is indeed such an access panel on the bottom.  The hood does look very effective!
2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-19 07:00
Hi Donnie

Did you get your Hoodman ?

GQ my man ! I was just thinking of sending you an update.  Hoodman said the stock he had was a 'Mismatched Set" so he said He expected a new shipment any day.  I am going to send him an e -mail today.  I am bummed because On Saturday it was very Sunny in Michigan, and I wanted to show my family, even in the shade was tough.  

Cant wait to get it ,

donnie
2016-4-19
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-19 11:40
GQ my man ! I was just thinking of sending you an update.  Hoodman said the stock he had was a ...

Thank you Donnie. Cant wait to read your comments.

GQ
2016-4-20
Use props
sunshinejim
lvl.2

Canada

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-20 19:06
Thank you Donnie. Cant wait to read your comments.

GQ

I am fellow (retired) Canadian that got a Phantom 3 Pro in December and struggled with trying to view the screen.  I purchased the hood and tripod and love it.  Thanks for posting.
2016-5-8
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-8
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States