Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

WOLF71 Posted at 2017-2-24 13:49
Hi, I'm having the same problem!!!
all happened after I did the last update.
started to appear the vision sensor calibration error.

Same here. I also have been getting the Forward and downward vision sensor calibration errors since installing the latest firmware but only with the initial power on for the day.  After turning the drone off and on (sometimes twice), the message disappears and flights take place with no issues. Subsequent flights after a battery change also take place without the message appearing. The forward and downward sensors work perfectly.

I have done the following in an effort to remove the problem:-
1. Reloaded the firmware using DJI Assistant 2  (V1.0.9) -success
2. Successfully recalibrated the sensors using DJI Assistant 2 (twice).

This problem only started occurring following the most recent firmware update and, as above, the sensors work perfectly once I've turned the drone off and on again.
I'm have no doubt that DJI is aware of the problem and very much hope that a fix will be included in a future firmware update.

2017-3-7
Use props
Feiky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 932717 ft

Australia

x1War Monger1x Posted at 2017-2-13 18:24
Mine doesn't show that stuff. I only have firmware and black box and those are the only two things on the left hand side. The only other thing that I can think of is that I needed to download again and it came up the same exact way the second time. So now I am thinking that it might be a problem with the programming of the mavic itself. I even reloaded the firmware to see if that might make a difference and it didn't.

HI there, you may already have solved this one, but when connecting to the RC, I noticed this as well. Try connecting the PC directly to the mavic with the usb - this worked for me.
2017-3-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

For those having an issue, are you calibrating on a glossy screen (i.e. Apple Thunderbolts/Retinas)?  Glare can be an issue with those.
2017-3-17
Use props
fans26ff39c1
New
Flight distance : 1152 ft
Italy

Hi, i have the same problems,"calibrate vision sensor" i try to calibrate from djigo4 without successfully.. then,i try to update the firmware from djiassistent2 but when I try to calibrate from pc the app is locked before the 3 steps to calibrate... please help me.
2017-3-31
Use props
seannyboyng
New
Malaysia

hi, i am having the same problems with calibration. Just received my Mavic yesterday and the error popped up last night. Been trying to calibrate it using DJI Assistant 2 but it the calibration either fails after calculation or the screen freezes during one of the dotted screens. Really need to use my Mavic tomorrow for a shoot. Please help.

I just tried to refresh the Mavic's firmware using DJI Assistant but it said Upload Error.

I have already tried changing my screen resolution to 1600x900
2017-6-6
Use props
lvl.1

Indonesia

Same problem here.

Until i connect my laptop to tv trough hdmi port.
The dot is there, calibration is there, but the result still fail.

When i choose recalibrate, there is no dot like 1st time.

Why this upgrade bring so much pain this time?
2017-8-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@putrawhisnu Posted at 2017-8-18 16:02
Same problem here.

Until i connect my laptop to tv trough hdmi port.

Have you a monitor that you could connect to laptop via DVI or VGA ? I've always had success using a monitor, and failed the once I tried with my laptop screen.

Or perhaps borrow or commandeer another PC for a short while ?
2017-8-18
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

I had a issue where I couldn't do calibration, when I got a new gaming monitor it worked. Could be the type of monitor.
2017-8-18
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-18 16:15
Have you a monitor that you could connect to laptop via DVI or VGA ? I've always had success using a monitor, and failed the once I tried with my laptop screen.

Or perhaps borrow or commandeer another PC for a short while ?

What I discovered once is that when it is to light in the room the sensors struggle to see the blue on the laptop, after I closed the curtains and it was darker, it calibrates fine. Try that.     
2017-8-19
Use props
Osee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 530758 ft
United States

I spent hours trying all the fixes in this forum - i tried two different windows 10 machines and then booted to a win 8.1 and nothing worked - finally i installed win 7 on one of the hard drives ... shazam !
2017-8-24
Use props
user9ed8f94b8e
lvl.2
Russia

We are currently using 4  X P4Pros for a marine mammal monitoring project. Over the past 2 months, almost 200 full flights were made. Equipment is superb, video and photo quality awesome. Though since last week the drones are urged to calibrate the Vision system. I downloaded DJI assistant 2 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.1.0.exe) but am prompted  to reboot the aircraft. I deleted and reinstalled  Assistant 2, and checked the drivers - which seem the latest, or most recent.  Yesterday the camera froze and I had a permanent still image on my iPad. I lost maps and all navigation controls. My spotter guided me back to shore, luckily we were not too far out. Today, I flew with a Samsung Tab2, my navigation map disappeared, luckily the camera kept working and I could find my way back to shore. My questions : 1) Is this freeze related to the necessity to calibrate the Vision system?  2)  Can we just shut-off Vision as we are mainly flying over sea with no obstacles? 3) How to get the right version of DJI Assistant 2 :  we run Windows 10 on our computers . Really would appreciate your advise, as we still have a month work left and we already can't miss the Phantoms :-)  Thanks!
2017-9-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

I believe the latest DJI Assistant is version  v1.1.2-2

There is also a new DJI Go4 app version 4.1.9 for IOS released today
I don't think the vision system recalibration request has much to do with your display issues, the vision system is used for obstacle avoidance.

Screen issues relate more to signal quality and interference. I guess if your in the ocean interference won't be an issue, so it's signal quality are you using 2.4 or 5.8ghz

Did you try rebooting the app when you lost your camera view ? that is exiting out of the FPV back to the front DJI Go4 screen and  then entering back in.
On the Tab 2, did you loose both the AC position and maps or just the maps, did  the AC icon stay on the blank screen, did you cache the maps locally before flying ?

2017-9-3
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

OK i'm speechless !!!!!!!!!!!! But,,,,,................. Boy Do i have  A crapload to say eh". Hmmmmmmm
2017-9-3
Use props
Strannik Wolkov
lvl.2
Russia

lannes Posted at 2017-9-3 02:07
http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

I believe the latest DJI Assistant is version  v1.1.2-2

Hey Iannes, we were having internet issues here - sorry for the delay

Thanks for the link, I have this version of DJI Assistant but it constantly suggest to reboot the drone. I have tried to install it on a Windows 8 computer, but that seems not to work.

Signal ql. 2.4 ghz.   I did not reboot the app. On the Tab2 only the map window disappeared, the main screen with video and all icons were visible. I did not cache the maps before flying. After refreshing/updating the problem disappeared and I flew both on the iPad and Tab2 without loss of signal or freezes. I did not manage however to calibrate the Vision system.
Working on that now.
2017-10-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Strannik Wolkov Posted at 2017-10-4 00:46

Thanks for the link, I have this version of DJI Assistant but it constantly suggest to reboot the drone. I have tried to install it on a Windows 8 computer, but that seems not to work.

I think windows 8 has a "driver signature enforcement function that prevents loading drivers that are not digitally assigned.

I had the same reboot problem when calibrating my mavic vision system on windows 10, apparently the DJI vision drivers are not digitally assigned and cannot be loaded, hence the DJI Assistant 2 in the vision calibration process asks for the AC to be rebooted.

You need to turn off the windows 8 driver signature enforcement by following steps 1 - 9  on this link. once you go through this process and the computer restarts you should be able to run the vision calibration as normal after reopening the DJI Assistant 2 and turning on the AC.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/disabling-signed-driver-enforcement-on-windows-8

Please note the turning  off  of the driver signature enforcement is temporary so when you reboot the pc, it will be reset and you won't be able to do the vision calibration again, you will need to turn it off each time you want to do it.

2017-10-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strannik Wolkov Posted at 2017-10-4 00:46

Latest version of DJI Assistant 2 is V1.1.6, available from Here

Edit:- I have had no problems at all installing and calibrating VPS using this on Windows 10.
2017-10-4
Use props
Strannik Wolkov
lvl.2
Russia

lannes Posted at 2017-10-4 04:18
I think windows 8 has a "driver signature enforcement function that prevents loading drivers that are not digitally assigned.

I had the same reboot problem when calibrating my mavic vision system on windows 10, apparently the DJI vision drivers are not digitally assigned and cannot be loaded, hence the DJI Assistant 2 in the vision calibration process asks for the AC to be rebooted.

Thank you Iannes for your elaborate explanation.

Will try this definitely and get back to you.
I should be able to find a similar disabling procedure for Windows 10. Or use the latest version of Assistant as just provided.
2017-10-4
Use props
Strannik Wolkov
lvl.2
Russia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-4 04:29
Latest version of DJI Assistant 2 is V1.6, available from Here

Edit:- I have had no problems at all installing and calibrating VPS using this on Windows 10.

I have currently V 1. 1.2-2  V01.04.0602. Many thanks for the link to the latest version, I'll try it right now.
Hope this works.

2017-10-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Strannik Wolkov Posted at 2017-10-4 14:05
Thank you Iannes for your elaborate explanation.

Will try this definitely and get back to you.

Windows 10 instructions to turn off driver digital signature

http://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/
2017-10-5
Use props
Jim 100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176535 ft
United States

I am encountering the forward and downward sensor problem as well as more agressive control. All I know is it was fine before the latest update. They want me to send it in but I’m thinking about waiting for a new firmware release to see if that fixes it. I had to purchase a new Mavic to complete a job I was booked to do. I have reinstalled the assistant and updated numerous times with different computers from my MacBook Pro to a dell precision workstation with no success.
2017-10-14
Use props
fansccce94cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14675 ft
United States

Same problem here.... I was very high on DJI but becoming a bit disgusted with all this.... changed nothing....downloaded nothing and getting “downward vision sensor  calibration error” message.... flew it anyway and had no problems but so annoying.....  
2017-12-27
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

I deactivated my downward sensors as I never use them
and it always has the warning about the downward sensor error and re-calibrate
total pain lol  
2017-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Toorboy Posted at 2017-12-27 08:00
I deactivated my downward sensors as I never use them
and it always has the warning about the downward sensor error and re-calibrate
total pain lol

And have you calibrated anything ?

There is a calibration tool for the vision sensors in DJI Assistant 2. That may help even if you have them deactivated.
2017-12-27
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-27 08:17
And have you calibrated anything ?

There is a calibration tool for the vision sensors in DJI Assistant 2. That may help even if you have them deactivated.

hi Aardvark I calibrated the bird when I first got it
but never tampered with it since. does it need calibrated if
you turn them off? I will have a look and report back
2017-12-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Toorboy Posted at 2017-12-28 00:14
hi Aardvark I calibrated the bird when I first got it
but never tampered with it since. does it need calibrated if
you turn them off? I will have a look and report back

Well although you might deactivate them (the 'visual' sensors) I believe that the ultrasonic sensor in the base might still come into play.
Worth a try anyway.

And perhaps IMU if it's not been done for a while :-)
2017-12-28
Use props
TSKorba
New

India

For forward vision sersor calibration error  = https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=-q9x9YBeR1E
2018-6-18
Use props
TSKorba
New

India

adkornelsen Posted at 2016-5-4 17:34
I've had the same problems ever since I updated to the latest firmware. i don't know what to do.  I also noticed when I have these problems the firmware version says "unknown" yet when it randomly decides to work it tells me I'm running the current verison.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=-q9x9YBeR1E
2018-6-18
Use props
TSKorba
New

India

evgenij911@mail Posted at 2016-6-25 10:54
friends, why I do not have to calibrate button ??? how to calibrate for each flight if there is no button?
[view_image][view_image]

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=-q9x9YBeR1E
2018-6-18
Use props
djiuser_K2u8VuvMIJ8y
New

Pakistan

i've got the issue when i try to calibrate vision sensor after the calibration i've got an error says calibration failed i try 20 times but same error pops up plz help me with that...
2019-3-28
Use props
djiuser_K2u8VuvMIJ8y
New

Pakistan

i've got the issue when i try to calibrate vision sensor after the calibration i've got an error says calibration failed i try 20 times but same error pops up plz help me with that...
2019-3-28
Use props
fans1e7b4df6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Re:vision calibration. My phantom 4 is fresh back from DJI drone doc because after so many failed attempts at upgrading firmware I decided to pay and let the experts do it.
On its return all the boxes were ticked, everything working fine and drone had been and still is "in good working order"
First flight, no error warnings before takeoff but then what do I see on landing...? "Vision calibration error"...pfffff
Honestly, it's just one thing after another. I intend to ignore this warning for a while because experience has taught me that they sometimes go away.
2019-5-6
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

fans1e7b4df6 Posted at 5-6 06:01
Re:vision calibration. My phantom 4 is fresh back from DJI drone doc because after so many failed attempts at upgrading firmware I decided to pay and let the experts do it.
On its return all the boxes were ticked, everything working fine and drone had been and still is "in good working order"
First flight, no error warnings before takeoff but then what do I see on landing...? "Vision calibration error"...pfffff

Like many, I have tried calibrating my P4 on a computer screen with 1920x1080 screen resolution many times to no avail. So I set my screen resolution to 1680x1050 and it worked the first time. I don't think the vision sensors are able to see a 1920x1080 resolution.
2019-7-2
Use props
fans3a8d2f29
New

United Kingdom

i am able to get as far as the calibration plain white window but the dots never appear anyone got any idea why thanks yan
2020-11-8
Use props
fans3a8d2f29
New

United Kingdom

after trying numerous times on MAC i tried my windows laptop and hey presto worked first time you need to sort it out DJI
2020-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules