Footage skips when exported but fine in DJI Go app
600 3 2016-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevingilmartin8
New
United Kingdom

Hello all, first time post and looking for a wee bit of advice, please. This may be a known issue but I've had a trawl through the forum and a few google searches and I can't see an answer anywhere.

I got a Phantom 3 Advanced yesterday, took it out for its first flight today; nothing major, just a few orbits of my parents' house as I thought they'd get a kick out of seeing their place from the air.

The weird thing is that when I take the footage from the drone and play it on my computer it's really juddery, it skips every few seconds and it's really unpleasant to watch. But, if I view the exact same footage within the DJI Go app it's perfectly smooth and lovely.

I've tried the native Windows 10 video player, VLC Player and Adobe Premier CC, all with the same juddery result. I haven't tried QuickTime Player because it won't install on Windows 10.

Can anyone advise me as to why it's fine in the DJI app but jumpy everywhere else?

TIA,
KG
2016-4-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Normally skipping and jittery video is caused by a computer processor that cant keep up.  ?  My first advise would be to lower the setting to the 1080  24 or 30 fps setting and try again.   Try another computer with better ability for gaming and video .  Now , why does it look good on your I -pad  or what ever, that is because it is recorded in 720 p,  That is easy to handle for an I pad and other devices.  .  Also make sure that your SD card is fast enough to handle the higher  video  sizes.  

Make sure you have the latest fastest sd card as well , specs are on the DJI Phantom advanced page .  

hope this helps -donnie

2016-4-3
Use props
kevingilmartin8
New
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply,  Donnie, I'll have a look at those things. The computer in using is my usual video editing machine so there should be no issue with the processor or RAM. The SD card is the one that came with the Phantom so I assume it's up to spec. I'd rather not turn down the video quality if I can help it, the 2.7k setting is ideal for my needs, which is why I went for the Advanced rather then spend the extra on the Pro with its 4k.
2016-4-3
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules