Gadget Show Live
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orange5ive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112477 ft
United Kingdom

Went to the Gadget show today at the National Exhibition Centre (UK)

Was surprised by the lack of official DJI presence there, lots of stalls had DJI Phantoms and Inspires but nothing official.

Yuneec had a stand there which was pretty impressive, not been hands on with their stuff before, seemed pretty good. They were only flying the smaller one around, their phantom equivalent but they also had the massive ones on the stand. They were also showing the display on the controller - very impressive but also very heavy.

Parrot were there with the bebop - I'm at a loss as to anyone would buy it, felt cheap and flimsy and it was expensive

There was a Local Hobby Shop who had the solo 3Dr - seemed pretty good, staff on the stand said the Phantom was better. They also had a Blade Chroma which seemed a bit annonymous. Hubsans were a plenty - I have a couple of these - great for the money.

Most impressive drone for me was the XK dancer stunt drone for £180 ready to fly capable of inverted flight - looked a lot of fun for the cash and very well made. Very tempted to order one as a weekend toy. - I would have brought today but the vendor had sold the 150 he brought with him already. The XK 380 also looked a great buy with GPS etc for £170. There was an XK 380 set up with SJ4000 and gimble + FPV with small monitor for £299 - selling very well - additional batteries £15.

There were also a lot of £30 drones for sale with promises of massive range and height and very little in the way of education on when is appropriate to exploit this range and height, saw one lad in the carpark seeing how high his went, I went over and explained to him and his parents that the NEC is right next to an international airport - to be fair they brought it straight back down and the parents looked a bit sheepish, and thanked me for the advice. - One thing really lacking was any kind of responsiblity from the sellers point of view in ensuring these drones they are selling are used appropriately.

The show itself I thought was abit of a let down, but I'm not sure if this was just because I get to play with a lot of tech (VR etc) at work and play with drones when not at work - only other thing at the show was these small segway wannabies which don't interest me.

2016-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules