SD Card Problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlschmitz15
lvl.1

United States

I purchased a SanDisk 64GB UHS-1 SD card but when I insert it into the camera and sync with my DJI Go app all as I get is an audible "SD Card Error". I then tried a 32 GB card with same results. The original 8GB card works fine. (Phantom 3 Standard)  
2016-4-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

According to the DJI information page its says the 8gb is the standard size.  I know that some of the sandisk will not work for some reason, try a different manufacturer. Try Samsung, Lexar, PNY .  I am sorry you are having trouble.  It may just be the brand .  Good luck
-donnie

Standard SD Requirements

Standard SD Requirements
2016-4-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If buying a Sandisk card, you need the Sandisk Extreme series cards, or the Sandisk Extreme Pro series. The cards you have are probably too slow in their write speed. Unfortunatley the DJI spec of 'class 10 or higher' is misleading.
2016-4-3
Use props
jlschmitz15
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-3 15:31
If buying a Sandisk card, you need the Sandisk Extreme series cards, or the Sandisk Extreme Pro seri ...

So why is it that the SD Card that came with my Phantom is a 8GB Ultra and it works fine?  Why would I need an Extreme series card when the OEM card is only an Ultra? (both similar questions but trying to understand)
2016-4-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jlschmitz15@gma Posted at 2016-4-9 07:24
So why is it that the SD Card that came with my Phantom is a 8GB Ultra and it works fine?  Why wou ...

Because there is no consistency in the labelling. 'Ultra' means one thing in a given manufacturers range but not the same in another. Even Sandisk are not consistent, nor the 'Class 10' rating. I also think the cards supplied by DJI with the aircraft are better than they suggest.

The figure you need to look for is the sustained write speed, take no notice of speed ratings that claim 'Up to' or anything like that. For shooting 2.7K you need a write speed rating of minimum 40 Megabits per second, and for 4K recording you need a minimum of 60 Megabits per second.

2016-4-8
Use props
jlschmitz15
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-8 14:41
Because there is no consistency in the labelling. 'Ultra' means one thing in a given manufacturers  ...

Even if the card doesn't meet these specs shouldn't the Phantom at least recognize the card?  I also don't plan on shooting in 2.7K or 4K because I don't have a computer (or at least a monitor) fast enough to process these speeds.
2016-4-10
Use props
classic2003
lvl.2
Flight distance : 632769 ft
Canada

I have the lexar 16gb and it works fine, i even put in a 64gb lexar and it worked fine
2016-4-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jlschmitz15@gma Posted at 2016-4-10 22:33
Even if the card doesn't meet these specs shouldn't the Phantom at least recognize the card?  I als ...

I have no proof of this, but I suspect the system in the aircraft gimbal performs a short test on the card when it sees it plugged in. If it is not fast enough, it rejects it and issues an 'Invalid Card' message. I do know for certain that some other camera manufacturers perform such a test.

2016-4-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sadly there are counterfeit sd cards out there too. So be sure to buy them from a reputable honest source like a regular camera/photography store.

I hope you can all get the real deal, and not some imitation, unflattering copy.

RedHotPoker
2016-4-10
Use props
jlschmitz15
lvl.1

United States

I finally purchased a card that would work. It's a Lexar 32GB High-Performance card.  I verified it was a class 10 card before purchasing it. Looks like I don't have to return my Phantom after all just like I suspected. When buying cards make sure they ate Class 10.  
2016-4-15
Use props
agbicudo
New

jlschmitz15@gma Posted at 2016-4-16 00:50
I finally purchased a card that would work. It's a Lexar 32GB High-Performance card.  I verified it  ...

Worked with lexan card?
2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules