1.7 firmware messed up video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

I got my P3P back from DJI and they upgraded the firmware from 1.6 to 1.7. So I went ahead and also upgraded the dji go app, and the RC firmware. So flew it this morning and immediately noticed horrible lagging in the video on the ipad Air. It's like it was choppy trying to catch up with what the bird was doing. So I went ahead and flew it about 12 minutes and it was like this the entire flight. Didn't matter my altitude, 10 feet or 300 feet, it was the same lagging or choppiness in the video. Happened if you turned left or right or moved the camera up or down or just went forwards or backwards. I brought the bird back in and copied the video from the sd card and viewed it on my PC. It was the same terrible lagging. Never had that problem until they upgraded my firmware to 1.7. So I flashed it back to 1.6 and everything is perfect again. Just wanted to share my experience.

Thanks,
Steve
2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The video from your SD card was choppy because your computer is not up to the task of the processing power it required. If you update again, try a lower resolution like 1080 or 720 and see if it still does it.
If the live video feed is choppy it's your device. Are you using one of the recommended devices below?
And you can fix that by lowering the transmission quality by lowering the bitrate.

iOS Version v2.7.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.7.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8,Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-4-3
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33570 ft
Australia

How do you lower the bit rate. This could fix the problem i have been haveing (standard)
2016-4-4
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-3 22:32
The video from your SD card was choppy because your computer is not up to the task of the processing ...

My computer processes the 4K video just fine when it comes from firmware 1.6. So are you telling me that the new firmware 1.7 makes the 4K video more processor intensive? Just trying to figure out what you are saying and yes, using one of the recommended devices.

Thanks,
Steve
2016-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules