Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The camera on my P4 is does not balance out correctly, how to fix?
2154 19 2016-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ml.990
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96591 ft
United States

I am pretty sure this is something fairly simple but I've never had to worry about camera aligment in the past since my previous drone had a fixed camera not mounted on a nice gimbal like the one on my Phantom 4.

I've been shooting some photos and videos and noticed that my images are not balanced correctly, they are slightly tilted (camera being physically tilted just a bit, as if it needed some kind of calibration) nothing to do with color correction...

This is an issue WHILE the aircraft is hovering over an area not at all during any kind of movement.

How can I fix this small issue? --Thanks!

See images below for reference-- I added some red indicatiors to show what horizon should be instead.
PsD.jpg PsD2.jpg

2016-4-3
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

The first thing should be checked is did you enabled the FPV mode? The auto balancing won't work if the mode has been enabled.

If there no change after the mode being disabled, then I'd suggest you to send it back to DJI for a replacement or something.

Btw, perhaps there's an alternative choice for that, start the DJI GO and activate the camera, select the "gimbal" in the settings, you could offset the gimbal horizontal angle here...
2016-4-3
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Taiwan

The first thing should be checked is did you enabled the FPV mode? The auto balancing won't work if the mode has been enabled.

If there no change after the mode being disabled, then I'd suggest you to send it back to DJI for a replacement or something.

Btw, perhaps there's an alternative choice for that, start the DJI GO and activate the camera, select the "gimbal" in the settings, you could offset the gimbal horizontal angle here...
2016-4-3
Use props
lalvar40
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168540 ft
United States

I am having the same issue. Even though I have gone thru all calibrations and adjustments, the gimbal gets out of alignment randomly. This did not happen with my P3P. What else can I do?
2016-4-3
Use props
solsystem7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6325712 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is also happening to me, I have also done an IMU calibration, gimbal, but this occurs randomly. I notice it more when changing direction. Not sure what to do, but my P3A didn't do this?
2016-4-3
Use props
ml.990
lvl.1
United States

lalvar40@gmail. Posted at 2016-4-4 11:12
I am having the same issue. Even though I have gone thru all calibrations and adjustments, the gimba ...

Actually, I was able to fix the issue by going on to the Settings page in the DJI GO app, under Gimbal settings.. I then manually adjusted the level to my preference. Hope this helps!
2016-4-3
Use props
ml.990
lvl.1
United States

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2016-4-4 11:40
This is also happening to me, I have also done an IMU calibration, gimbal, but this occurs randomly. ...

Actually, I was able to fix the issue by going on to the Settings page in the DJI GO app, under Gimbal settings.. I then manually adjusted the level to my preference. Hope this helps!
2016-4-3
Use props
ml.990
lvl.1
United States

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-4-4 09:58
The first thing should be checked is did you enabled the FPV mode? The auto balancing won't work if  ...

Your proposed solution to go in the GO DJI app and adjust Gimbal settings settings totally helped, thanks!
2016-4-3
Use props
armin
lvl.1

Germany

Same for my Phantom 4, auto calibration of gimbal doesn't work exactly. I have to adjust gimbal roll manually by -1.9 to be in line with the horizon.
2016-4-3
Use props
ml.990
lvl.1
United States

armin@sendner.d Posted at 2016-4-4 14:12
Same for my Phantom 4, auto calibration of gimbal doesn't work exactly. I have to adjust gimbal roll ...

Ok, since you have done it as well. I have a question for ya since I haven't flown again since I set it up... Are the settings saved automatically or do I have to manually reenter them in the future?
2016-4-3
Use props
armin
lvl.1

Germany

settings are saved, no need to redo manual adjustment.
2016-4-3
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

armin@sendner.d Posted at 2016-4-4 02:12
Same for my Phantom 4, auto calibration of gimbal doesn't work exactly. I have to adjust gimbal roll ...

same with me, auto calibration does not work no matter how many times I try, and I have the horizon level problem as well. Thanks!!
2016-4-4
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.3

Norway

Here is a post on this forum regarding this issue.
2016-4-4
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-4-3 21:58
The first thing should be checked is did you enabled the FPV mode? The auto balancing won't work if  ...

How do you enable/disable FPV mode, and what exactly does that do? Im not quite understanding what you mean by that. Thanks!
2016-4-4
Use props
johnchao411
Second Officer
Taiwan

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-4 20:31
How do you enable/disable FPV mode, and what exactly does that do? Im not quite understanding what ...

I believe you can find it in the gimbal settings, "FPV mode" in DJI GO is basically for fun...the gimbal will no longer balancing that much, the camera start to roll with the bird if you enable the mode.
2016-4-4
Use props
TK-421
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
DJI team
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, have you tried to calibrate the IMU and gimbal? Does the gimbal roll adjustment work?
2016-4-4
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

I reckon this is an issue with virtually all P4s - you only need to look at online P4 footage - maybe 90%+ has a crooked horizon as some point - it's annoying and hopefully will be corrected in a future firmware update - in the meantime it is fairly easy to correct in post so long as you dont need the full 4K for output.
2016-4-5
Use props
With new firmware v1.1.301 and after IMU calibration and then gimbal calibration all is perfect for my Phantom 4, no gimbal adjustment needed anmore.
2016-4-9
Use props
ml.990
lvl.1
United States

armin@sendner.d Posted at 2016-4-10 14:49
With new firmware v1.1.301 and after IMU calibration and then gimbal calibration all is perfect for  ...

Yup, its been working great for me as well!
2016-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules