Phantom motors wont start. Red lights flash 5 times
4692 5 2015-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rory
New

Australia

ok, so i recently replaced the shell on my phantom2 vision plus, it was a bit harder than i anticipated but went relativly smooth. I also upgraded the motors to the T-Motor MN2214 (specifically designed for the phantom2) as 2 of my stock ones were damaged like the shell.
After putting everything back together i could NOT establish a link between the controller and the phantom. I noticed one of the three cables on the clip that plugs into the radio receiver board was not contacting properlly, so i pushed it in tight. This fixed the problem of my controller not connecting to my phantom, but now when i try to start my motors the LEDs on my phantom flash RED 5 times.
Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this? ie a specific board that may have another loose wire/ clip?
I have plugged my phantom into the PT2 app, but im not too sure what to look for, it doesnt come up with any errors or anything.

thanks so much for any help.
Rory
2015-1-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Check your battery, if low, recharge it.
2015-1-13
Use props
rory
New

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-13 21:18
Check your battery, if low, recharge it.

yeah batterys fully charged

i have only tried starting the motors with the top shell off (GPS disconnected) obviously with no props on, just to see if i can get the motors to start spinning. would this be the problem maybe? i will try
2015-1-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rory@baytocoast Posted at 2015-1-13 21:26
yeah batterys fully charged

i have only tried starting the motors with the top shell off (GPS dis ...

It will NOT start if the GPS is disconnected.
2015-1-13
Use props
rory
New

Australia

woooohoooo this fixed it!!!
2015-1-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rory@baytocoast Posted at 2015-1-13 21:32