Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin TX don't start again after update today
3354 33 2016-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingFreeFilms
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87920 ft
Spain

Hello,
We plugged this morning 2 Ronin TX to usb to update new firmware 1.1.0.21 and they don't start again. I mean no red light on and impossible to see in App.
Only Ronin M tx updated correctly.
What happen?

2016-4-4
Use props
FlyingFreeFilms
lvl.1
Spain

Just for info. We use 3 Ronins from long time. We updated with DJI usb cable and MacBookpro2015 with 2.2 DJI gimbal app following all instructions...
2016-4-4
Use props
FlyingFreeFilms
lvl.1
Spain

Nobody had this problem?
2016-4-7
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

FlyingFreeFilms Posted at 2016-4-7 18:19
Nobody had this problem?

Downgrade, download pc asisstant 1.4, i think it works best with windows pc
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Did you try to upgrade the firmware thru the DJI Ronin Assistant App?
If you wanna upgrade the firmware, please connect your Ronin or the RC to your PC and upgrade the firmware through the DJI PC/MAC assistant.
2016-4-7
Use props
FlyingFreeFilms
lvl.1
Spain

I tried all of this but the ronin remote controller is not recognize and not power on... I mean no red light ... DJI repair service ask me to send them the 2 ones ...
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

FlyingFreeFilms Posted at 2016-4-8 15:56
I tried all of this but the ronin remote controller is not recognize and not power on... I mean no r ...

If you can't even power on your RC, please check if it's fully charged.
You need to power on the RC and then connect your RC to the Assistant software in your PC via a micro-USB cable to do the firmware upgrade.
If it's necessary to send it in for repair, please contact your dealer or our support team for help.
2016-4-8
Use props
FlyingFreeFilms
lvl.1
Spain

Do you thought that I did not checked if it was charged? ...

I sent everything to DJI repair service in Netherlands this noon ... Thanks to this update I will stay 1 month with 2 Ronin without remote controllers... ... ... ...
2016-4-8
Use props
FlyingFreeFilms
lvl.1
Spain

Repair Service say that is the Phantom II 2.4G RC Transmitter RF Board V6 PCBA that they have to change and because the control remote is not yet in guarantee we have to pay. Ok it's cheap... but I paid 45 € to send it to Netherland and now I have to pay because the update broke our 2 control remotes... ...

Really... as people say everywhere in drones world, DJI don't take care of his customers... Because I know, I can compare and it's really not the same with Gremsy, Parrot, 3DR, or Freefly System...

So sad..
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

FlyingFreeFilms Posted at 2016-4-16 00:43
Repair Service say that is the Phantom II 2.4G RC Transmitter RF Board V6 PCBA that they have to cha ...

Hi,
I'm sorry for the damage, but how do you think that the damage is caused by the update? If necessary, I may check the repair report for the detail.
Plus, for any unit or parts, if it's out of the warranty period, we may charge reasonable repair fee for the service. Please review our after-sales policy in our official website: http://www.dji.com/service
2016-4-15
Use props
FlyingFreeFilms
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-16 15:24
Hi,
I'm sorry for the damage, but how do you think that the damage is caused by the update? If nec ...

Hi, I'm sure that the damage is caused by the update.
I plugged with usb cable first remote controller, make all as DJI ask for correct update, and when it finished I plug off the remote controller thinking that everything was right.
Then I plugged our second remote controller and make same update process. Everything was looking right.
Update process ask at the end to reinitialize devices. I made it for the second one and it was not working!! I tried to the first remote controller and it was the same!!
The damage is caused by the update. How can I be more clear?
I'm a professional and have a lot of devices from DJI (phantom, S1000, Ronin-m, accesories, etc) and know how they work.
Our RMA No.: 160407RCV-0871
Cordially,

2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

FlyingFreeFilms Posted at 2016-4-18 16:26
Hi, I'm sure that the damage is caused by the update.
I plugged with usb cable first remote contro ...

Well, thanks for your reply and your information!
Sorry again for the problem!
I hope everything works fine now.
If you have any other problem, we'd like to provide you with the best service as long as we can.
2016-4-18
Use props
whitelens
New

United States

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TODAY AS WELL. . Transmitter was working GREAT. . Didi the update, now no red light . .not nothing. . changed batteries with brand new ones. . . computer cant even see the Transmitter to roll it back to a previous version.   What is up with this. . yes, the update KILLS THE TRANSMITTERS!!!!! So now what do I do?!?!?!
2016-5-10
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

whitelens Posted at 2016-5-10 17:07
THIS HAPPENED TO ME TODAY AS WELL. . Transmitter was working GREAT. . Didi the update, now no red li ...

wish I read this topic... I too have a dead controller immediately after update..I also lost all control via thumb controller and now have no use of the Ronin..very sad very stressed.
Lost a full day and now going to loose a lot of $$ not a happy camper
Darrin

2016-5-14
Use props
mateffyistvan
New
France

same problem here, RC not working after updating! how lame is this? get that bad firmware of from your site, dont let other people have the same issue. I have waited more than 6 months for this update which kills the RC, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING DJI? THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. I THINK EVERYBODY SHOULD RETURN YOUR FAULTY PRODUCTS AS THEY DON`T OPERATE AS YOU PROMISS in your nice commercials.
very dissapointed again.
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mateffyistvan@g Posted at 2016-5-18 09:48
same problem here, RC not working after updating! how lame is this? get that bad firmware of from yo ...

Sorry for all the problem.
Our engineers will look into it carefully.

Please don't mix up the Ronin's firmware with the Ronin-M's firmware. Could you please confirm with me which firmware you tried to upgrade? How did you process your upgrade?

Please keep tuned on this issue.
Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-18
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlyingFreeFilms Posted at 2016-4-8 03:56
I tried all of this but the ronin remote controller is not recognize and not power on... I mean no r ...

Yes this is an issue, the DJI Remote will fry if you skip updates.  There are numerous cases.  There needs to be a recall
2016-5-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

SteadyWTF Posted at 2016-5-22 03:51
Yes this is an issue, the DJI Remote will fry if you skip updates.  There are numerous cases.  The ...

Hello.
In the latest Assistant software v2.2, please don't upgrade the Ronin RC firmware in case of any damage to the Ronin RC, because the RC firmware v1.1.0.21 is only for Ronin-M RC actually.

Sorry for any trouble caused before. If your Ronin RC was bricked by the RC firmware v1.1.0.21, please contact your dealer for repair.

2016-5-23
Use props
tonylaguna42
New

United States

Same here RC is dead wish I came here first but this issue brought me here.. SO Frustrated with this, makes me feel like DJI was the wrong choice.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

tonylaguna42@ya Posted at 2016-5-24 09:27
Same here RC is dead wish I came here first but this issue brought me here.. SO Frustrated with this ...

Sorry about that.
We should have reminded our users earlier. Well, we'll try to improve our customer service in the future.

If your RC is dead, please send it in for repair.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-5-23
Use props
tonylaguna42
New

United States

I sent in the remote but DJI is not taking responsibility for the firmware error, Actually they are charging me $100 for he remote and $65 for repair of the remote. A brand new remote is $100. How is this good customer service?? I sent in my Ronin because the motors went limp but when I call in to the North American repair, no one can explain what the repair is for, especially Tianna who said I could not speak with anyone in the repair department. When I take something in for repair I expect to be explained what is going to be repaired and the price. I paid a lot of hard earned money on  a product and I expect a high level of support from that company I decide to invest in or I would not be an ambassador of that company. Tianna told me to either pay for the repair or they would ship the Ronin back and was audibly annoyed by my questions and just wanted to hang up instead of figuring out a solution. I am still so frustrated waiting for someone to simply tell me what the diagnosis is and/or that my unit is in top condition. I even asked if there is an issue with the wiring being to short on the arms to upgrade to extended length arms and extended tilt arms. There have been reports of this issue happening, but again no one can tell me if this quality check has been performed and if it passed. Please assist.
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

tonylaguna42@ya Posted at 2016-6-4 05:58
I sent in the remote but DJI is not taking responsibility for the firmware error, Actually they are  ...

Hello.
Have you got a Case No. or any tracking No. so that I can help to look into it?
I'll try to check out the repair report for your.
Meanwhile, could you please contact the person who is in charge of your case or the liaison for the repair report. Along with the repair charge declaration in your exchange communications, didn't you get any information about the defects?  

Wait for your reply.
Thanks.
2016-6-3
Use props
tonylaguna42
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-3 20:36
Hello.
Have you got a Case No. or any tracking No. so that I can help to look into it?
I'll try t ...

I have received an invoice stating I would have to pay $100 for a remote control and $65 for repair, but there is no explanation what the repair is for. My Ronin motors went limp and did not respond to any test, since firmware updates, also I asked that they inspect wiring for potential arm upgrades and if my motors could be upgraded to be at its best. I have not received my call today as I was told I would, between 10 am and 11 am to explain charges. I have had to call in at 2PM pacific time and I am currently on hold with the Los Angeles DJI office trying to just get a simple explanation soI can get a functioning product as soon as possible.

They search my email when I call in
tonylaguna42@yahoo.com
2016-6-6
Use props
tonylaguna42
New

United States

tonylaguna42@ya Posted at 2016-6-6 14:12
I have received an invoice stating I would have to pay $100 for a remote control and $65 for repai ...

I have received a call and everything is settled, Firmware broke the remote, I will have to purchase a new remote.
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

tonylaguna42@ya Posted at 2016-6-7 06:22
I have received a call and everything is settled, Firmware broke the remote, I will have to purcha ...

I'm sorry for your broken RC.
please note that the RC don't need to be upgraded for the latest IMU firmware version v3.1, otherwise, the RC may be damaged.

2016-6-6
Use props
info
New

Italy

Goodmoring Dears,
same thing happend to my client. What should we do? He updated the RC and now no LED works and the PC doesn't recognize the mini USB port.
What to do then? He told me he bought it directly from china. Can someone helps me? Thanks
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

info@spiritolib Posted at 2016-6-30 23:01
Goodmoring Dears,
same thing happend to my client. What should we do? He updated the RC and now no L ...

Your client's best course of action would be to have the unit sent to his regional DJI Support Center for a RMA.
2016-6-30
Use props
darrin
lvl.4

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-5-15 15:52
wish I read this topic... I too have a dead controller immediately after update..I also lost all c ...

Sent everything in and my remote was replaced, but my thumb controller went MIA and after three calls/weeks and promises to resolve the issue I still don't have a thumb controller..sad DJI can't own up to issues they cause internally..most of the products are solid..but support side needs a lot of work!! two bits..
2016-7-4
Use props
darrin
lvl.4

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-7 14:35
I'm sorry for your broken RC.
please note that the RC don't need to be upgraded for the latest IMU ...

why isn't that announcement at the top of the forum sticky?? all your info says to update all the components. This has to cost both us and your staff a lot of time and money..it's been a known issue for months.
2016-7-4
Use props
j_mlnhk
New

Netherlands

Same problem, mine is not working as well after the update
2016-8-19
Use props
novicajankovic
New

Croatia

I am from Croatia and i didnt see this topic, i update RONIN TX and he stoped working, what now !?
2016-10-26
Use props
fans16ec22b5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8396 ft
United States

Yes, why is this not a sticky? I just bricked my remote after an update as well....thanks DJI!
2016-11-11
Use props
fansdb4d310a
New

Philippines

I got the issue after update NO RED LIGHT NO POWER My Pc wont Detect anything   is there any service center here in the philippines?
2017-2-20
Use props
fansc07cfc11
New

United States

Hey, guys, I got the same issue this morning, talked to DJI tech services, he said the only solution is to buy a new controller. Does anybody have the experience with Bureau of Consumer Protection? I see here a lot of people with the same problem and nothing from DJI. These guys just don't want to take the responsibility of what tey are doing. I'm pretty sure that update fried my controller, and this is not my fault. So, in my opinion, we have to fill one of that complaint to Bureau of Consumer Protection. here is the webpage: https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bu ... onsumer-protection.
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules