1378 4 2016-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I keep seeing posts and threads about focus issues with the X5 series cameras. There are a lot of nuances to a Micro 4/3 sensor camera and focus as small apertures is a major thing you need to understand to keep sharp focus.
This article explains why you might be having issues and how to solve it.

http://www.multicopterwarehouse. ... mera-focus-problems

2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Very nice article! If you get it right into this thread, i'll probably put this topic to the main page
2016-4-4
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Well done and clear explanation. next is to walk through the "calibration". There ar some equally good explainations there too, but many still don't quite get the advanced realm of photography.
2016-4-5
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-5 15:47
Very nice article! If you get it right into this thread, i'll probably put this topic to the main pa ...

Sorry to disagree, and respectfully thank Kerry for his blog contribution.

But his information is somewhat flawed. His article's premise that ND filters will solve a focus problem is somewhat misguided. To illustrate his premise, he incorrectly leds us to believe that depth of field is an issue at smaller apperatures. He should instead take a look at some fundamental DOF tutorials to learn that DOF actually improves with smaller apperatures.

If you check his illustrations against any online DOF calculator, you can verify that he's illustrating incorrect information.

DOF.png

Sorry, but his photographic example of the house address sign has nothing to do with DOF or apperature, but rather is simply not focused as there is more than ample DOF in the X5 lens system ....

All of his information has rationale within photography: Shutter speed, aperature, ISO, exposure, etc.  It's been said that the X5 is no longer a "point and shoot" camera but rather a photographer's camera. Inspire Pro operators must understand it's operation and interactions. ND filters certainly have a place and function, but concluding that they alone will solve focus issues are somewhat mis-guided.
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

terrylewis Posted at 2016-4-5 22:14
Sorry to disagree, and respectfully thank Kerry for his blog contribution.

But his information is ...

Thant what I always knew about the photography the smaller aperture the sharper image you get, after reading it again i started to wonder why he got better focus with  the slower aperture... Just a matter of focus ring?
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules