Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HOW TO force lost RC connection re-establishment?
2005 23 2016-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ugin
New

Poland

Hello, guys!

I had a pretty scary situation recently. I accidentally got my Phantom 3 Adv. flown far over the hill, until it lost it's connection with RC. At that moment I got black video screen with no image. But what's much worse, I got "Aircraft Disconnected" error message blinking red.

I was lucky to have a proper RTH Altitude set up and a nice area for drone to land as it RTH'ed. I was extremely happy to see my drone flying home. But what scared me to death is that connection had not been re-established as drone was on it's way home. RC and P3 reconnected only once it touched the ground. I had this happened 2 times in a row.

I searched the web and youtube a lot looking for the ways to force reconnection, but couldn't find anything. I only found this tutorial, saying you need to re-launch DJI GO app. But it's only applicable when only video is lost. Not both video and RC.

The scariest part was that I couldn't control altitude, if needed, or canceling RTH and landing manually to desired spot. And, of course, not knowing, where my drone was at that time.

Does anyone know how to act in this situation? Has anyone had that experience?

Please advise.

https://youtu.be/9DK2xJwg26M?t=27
2016-4-4
Use props
manatas2
lvl.2

Lithuania

Hi, before last firmware i didn't  have any issues, but now if drone lost connection the app will stop and don't let me connect to the bird while in the air.
any solutions?
2016-4-4
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Turn on the Fail Safe RTH IMG_8678.jpg
2016-4-4
Use props
Ugin
New

Poland

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-4 17:38
Turn on the Fail Safe RTH

Thank you. This option does help and aircraft does return home. But the main problem is to reestablish connection and get the control of the aircraft white it is on it's way home. It may be much needed to avoid any obstacles and control altitude.
2016-4-4
Use props
pangwu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241798 ft
Hong Kong

Switch to Atti mode in RC to see if work
2016-4-4
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Brazil

Did you try turn the RC off and turn on again?
2016-4-4
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Ugin Posted at 2016-4-4 16:10
Thank you. This option does help and aircraft does return home. But the main problem is to reestab ...

You can still control the aircraft without the app. In fact, you can control the aircraft without a device. Try it. Take a short flight without even turning on the device. You still csc to start motors,  press the record button to start recording ,  control the aircraft with the joysticks and can still rth by hitting the rth button.  Everything works except you have no fpv.  The rth altitude is fixed at whatever altitude it was set to when you set it in the app. The only time you have to have the app is the first time you use the aircraft, for registration of the aircraft with Dji.
2016-4-4
Use props
Ugin
New

Poland

Murilo Carmello Posted at 2016-4-5 02:07
Did you try turn the RC off and turn on again?

There was no connection to the aircraft till it landed, i couldn't do that.
2016-4-5
Use props
Ugin
New

Poland

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-5 04:25
You can still control the aircraft without the app. In fact, you can control the aircraft without  ...

There was no video streaming, and there was red message that aircraft disconnected right till it landed. I don't think there was any possibility to control it.
2016-4-5
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ugin Posted at 2016-4-5 06:39
There was no video streaming, and there was red message that aircraft disconnected right till it l ...

Yup...just like Kneepuck said....all you need is an aircraft and a RC to fly......OH, and a charge in the batteries! If the batteries are dead, you can still make a short flight without the RC.

Toss the aircraft off a cliff and watch how it can fly to the bottom....maximum air speed obtained.
2016-4-5
Use props
flydodom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

I have had the similar issues and still happens time to time but I get this during start up. Yesterday, I was with a friend whom was flying his Phantom Advance (mine is pro) he had it also during the flight. Just pulling the cable out and reconnect again he was able to gain video signal again. I don't what exactly causing this but I have it too.

I didn't know the drone would fly without the app, good to know but it doesn't help the signal loss problem. :/
2016-4-5
Use props
jorgemvmartins
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1178763 ft
Portugal

hi,
sorry for my bad english
something terrible happening to me today!..

I lost my Phantom 3 Pro on the sea!! ((
since the last firmware update, my P3Pro lost connection many times!... sometimes near me, sometimes a little far!

but today (3 hours ago) when i'm testing again, the drone lost image signal and connection again and before i push the Home bottom, fall to the sea near to the rocks!
I could not even get it!!

this is a very bad thing!!! the Flight Record tells me that i flight 75 meters high from the ground or sea level, and 175.2 meters from my position!

it's not my fault for this happening to me!!.. i had a drone almost a year and noting bad happened! (
i don´t know if DJI assume the problem as their problem when this type of problems happened!!! I am sure that the problem was of the latest firmware updating!!

be carefull if you notice the same problem with your aircraft! You have to wait for the last update and hope it solve it!
2016-4-5
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Israel

I have observed until now that all the reviews of the dreaded "fly way", the drone was flying on the water or very close
2016-4-6
Use props
Ugin
New

Poland

flydodom Posted at 2016-4-5 15:58
I have had the similar issues and still happens time to time but I get this during start up. Yesterd ...

has he lost control over the aircraft as well? or only video signal?
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jorgemvmartins Posted at 2016-4-6 00:29
hi,
sorry for my bad english
something terrible happening to me today!..

I am sorry for your loss. I can have your flight record reviewed with your permission.
I need your DJI account login email and you have to sync your flight records.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The app should reconnect to the aircraft when signal is good again.
And you will more then likely lose video long before RC signal (verified by losing video but the RC signal is stiff full strength)
I can have your flight analyzed if you provide you DJI account login email,  make that flight a favorite by tapping the star and sync your flight record.
2016-4-6
Use props
jorgemvmartins
lvl.1
Portugal

Ugin Posted at 2016-4-6 23:04
has he lost control over the aircraft as well? or only video signal?

I lost the aircraft as well
2016-4-6
Use props
jorgemvmartins
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-6 23:29
I am sorry for your loss. I can have your flight record reviewed with your permission.
I need your ...

Hi, thank you for your feedback

my login: jorgemvmartins@gmail.com

thank you
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jorgemvmartins Posted at 2016-4-7 08:45
Hi, thank you for your feedback

my login:

To me it looks like you were at 246ft up and 564f away and you did a slow right pan and then drifted right towards the cliffs and that's where signal was lost. I didn't see you move the stick to bank right so I'm thinking the offshore wind blew the aircraft into the cliffs.
BUT I do not know the elevation of the cliffs and if you were above the cliffs than I do not know what happened.
I am sorry about that. You had 19 satellites so it wasn't like it went into ATTI mode and drifted.
2016-4-6
Use props
jorgemvmartins
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-7 11:13
To me it looks like you were at 246ft up and 564f away and you did a slow right pan and then drift ...

thank you,

I didin't move the stick because I was no signal warning... and I was waiting for the signal to return
lately it happened many times get no signal. but this time show me a "disconnected" warning
I dont´t know what happened too
the cliffs are not high... i was above them... but they are very dangerous and the sea was very angry at that time. sea level was high.  Probably the aircraft lost in the sea

do you know if i can buy from DJI only the aircraft? without anyting else from the normal package?
only the aircraft with one batery!!

thank you very much!!
Jorge Martins
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jorgemvmartins Posted at 2016-4-7 20:11
thank you,

I didin't move the stick because I was no signal warning... and I was waiting for the  ...

I'm not exactly sure what had happened if you were above the cliffs.
Anyways, here is a link for just the aircraft. http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... ler-battery-charger

And the link for a battery.
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-intelligent-flight-battery

You may find it better just to but a whole new package again.
2016-4-7
Use props
jorgemvmartins
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-7 22:21
I'm not exactly sure what had happened if you were above the cliffs.
Anyways, here is a link for  ...

Thank you for your feeback

I am thinking of buying a new aircraft, better than a new package!

hope better lucky next time!!

thank you for all

2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jorgemvmartins Posted at 2016-4-7 23:58
Thank you for your feeback

I am thinking of buying a new aircraft, better than a new package!

No problem, and sorry about that.
I can tell you that the P4 is absolutely AMAZING ! ! !
2016-4-7
Use props
Ugin
New

Poland

Still no answer for my particular case
2016-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules