2590 11 2015-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

It's not very clear if it was pilot or technical error, however it hurts to see this lovely bird crashed and it seems the damage is really serious.
Hope we will not have lots of videos on this thread, but it's good to be informed and aware of potential problems with Inspire 1
Maybe DJI can confirm it this was a pilot error, so we can feel safe with our purchase.
Also if you find other Inspire 1 crash videos on youtube, it would be a good idea to have them uploaded on this thread, to learn from other pilots mistakes.
http://youtu.be/1TQQcBWV6Vs
2015-1-13
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mani -

I have seen this video and some things look odd to me but to be honest we could speculate until the cows come home on what happened.. Need to wait for the flight log to be read to know what truly happened.
2015-1-13
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

There is a comment made by Philip Bloom to this video, regarding a predetermined waypoint, Philip says it can be clearly heard on the audio of the videocrash. However, my impresion was that at this moment the Inspire 1 app does not support waypoints. It feels strange to me too, I tend to believe it was pilot error, something regarding the attachement of the proppelers etc. From what I have seen online, nobody complained so far about the autotake off procedure and in every video it looks very stable & smooth. I think an DJI Expert should clarify this matter, according to the flight logs. Time will tell, so far I believe Inspire 1 is an amazing machine, a must have tool for creative professionals and I will stick with my order and with my trust in this brand. I'm sure lots of problems will still occur, but this is the risk you have to take dealing with technology ahead of its time.
2015-1-13
Use props
jamess3430
lvl.2

United Kingdom

according to DJI support (see 8651 in RC GRoups forum) this is a known bug in auto take off and will be fixed in upcoming update
2015-1-13
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

mani Posted at 2015-1-14 00:15
There is a comment made by Philip Bloom to this video, regarding a predetermined waypoint, Philip sa ...

IMU issues being reported new Firmware to come soon
2015-1-13
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

If he was having issues the ONLY place he should have been "testing" this is a WIDE OPEN field with absolutely ZERO obstacles around (including his poor wife/girlfriend). If he was filming this and as he clearly says in the video, "see if it does any shimmying" then he wasn't 100% certain of it's lack of problems.

I'm concerned about people like this that put too much faith in "auto take-off" and such features becoming complacent. I counted and there was a good 5 seconds from the moment it pitched backwards that he could have killed the propellers by putting both control sticks in the down & inward positions to save this. Instead his hands were on a video camera because he was complacent about the "auto" features.

Complacency is going to get some little kid or other nearby person seriously hurt at some point by an individual that has bought one of these putting too much trust in such features that they're not careful enough to go somewhere MUCH safer to test & film potential problems they're having.
2015-1-13
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Whether or not it was the pilots fault, how he kept his composure is beyond me! $3,000 drone heavily damaged and a dented garage door. . . Im sure in hindsight, he realizes he should have had the controller in hand and been away from obstacles. This is the one positive for those like me waiting patiently for the Inspire, we get to learn from others mistakes!
2015-1-13
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

MainlineAerial Posted at 2015-1-14 09:31
Whether or not it was the pilots fault, how he kept his composure is beyond me! $3,000 drone heavily ...

Well I was wanting to try Auto takeoff but I think now I'm going to wait. I've had 4 successful flights with the Inspire 1 don't wanna rune my track record haha....
2015-1-13
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-14 09:34
Well I was wanting to try Auto takeoff but I think now I'm going to wait. I've had 4 successful fl ...

I would definitely wait for that firmware update from DJI or at least have your finger on the kill switch haha
2015-1-13
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Well, it happened again, same scenario, this time no video of the crash, but the same auto take off failure and according to the picture attached severe damage of the Inspire 1. Be informed and try to keep your bird on the ground or keep your fingers on the controller all the time
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-1-14
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

mani Posted at 2015-1-14 18:06
Well, it happened again, same scenario, this time no video of the crash, but the same auto take off  ...

They already said its an IMU error so be patient until a FW update arrives
2015-1-14
Use props
Drone Down Unde
lvl.4

Australia

Umm...The fist thing I would be doing in this situation is screaming F##K! Then Afterwards.

It certainly appears  like the Inspire suddenly fly off on it's own accord Right @20 sec's on the video can even hear the difference in prop sound.
2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules