Updated Phantom 3 RC but...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djricaric
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,

On Friday, I was able to update the bird to 1.7.  Once all of that finished that, I launched the remote control and saw that it also needed an upgrade.  When both the bird and the remote control were good to go, I proceeded to test the P3P out.  The first thing that I noticed that up until I turned the props on, the RC would continue to beep loudly long with a first LED light to be a stationary Red light vs the normal.

Has anyone else experienced this? New feature or am I doing something wrong?

Minus a slight compass calibration error that I was able to survive, everything else worked fine.  Let me know! Thanks!
2016-4-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok, so after the updates were completed, you went to fly but you are hearing a beep tone and you have a red light on the first far left led on the Transmitter is this correct.  

You are still able to fly ?    did you have a low battery or some other warning perhaps that was going off ?   I am not sure if you have the updates done correctly because you should have had a green light on the Transmitter  when connected to the aircraft  and about to fly ? Did you notice that the first Led on the transmitter turned green when flying ?-
Did you happen to have the Transmittter sitting idle for a long period of time powered ON without the aircraft being on ?  This would present the red light and beeping sound that you are describing.  Did the first led  light turn green ( On Transmitter )   when you turned on the aircraft and did the beeping stop then as well . If this is the case , keep in mind when the transmitter is ON sitting idle for more than 5 minutes ( approx)  it will begin to beep and the red light will be on the first led, once the sticks are moved the timer starts over again, this is to prevent a Transmitter going dead by forgetting to turn it off and is normal.  
_  
If the above is true you dont have to bother with providing additional information.
Can you please turn everything to on like you are about to fly and take a screen shot of the "About " page. I would like to see what update versions have successfully loaded. The page looks like this.  ( mine is from an old  update , so the versions are a bit different, but this is the page i would like to see ) OR if you cant do a screeshot please list the Firmware versions and then jost post them to see  Please.

DJI screen shot about page for firmware.jpg
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

What's the battery level of RC at that time?  If it has enough power , you can try to calibrate the RC and try again :
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules