RANGE DISTANCE FOR P3 Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmezg
lvl.3

I'm new first and foremost. I'm getting "weak RC signal when I'm at 3800 ft distance, 267ft altitude, clear line of site in a living community (suburbs), is this normal?
2016-4-4
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes ... the local environment  has a large influence on range.
Urban environments give much shorter range than over the sea or rural areas.
2016-4-4
Use props
ARM-001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

I would retry in a more open and uncongested area. If you still have issues then it may be your lightbridge module. I had a faulty one and no matter where I was, it only went to around 1300 feet range (at 400 feet height) and then gave either weak RC or weak transmission signal warning. My dealer swapped it out for a new lightbridge and it works just fine now.
2016-4-5
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

3800 ft in the suburbs sounds perfectly OK.
There's nothing wrong with your Lightbridge.
2016-4-5
Use props
gmezg
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the replies. That sounds about right. After looking at the number, that's about 3/4 of a mile away. Not too bad! Do y'all bring you P3 closer to home at that point? I it hurried back home as it was only my 3 flight or so and the weak signal made me super nervous!! Lol
2016-4-5
Use props
FrankC
New
United Kingdom

ARM-001 Posted at 2016-4-5 09:29
I would retry in a more open and uncongested area. If you still have issues then it may be your ligh ...

Mine too gets only 1300 feet before it gets a weak signal.  I thought it was normal.  Somehow I do not think the guy who sold it me would take it back now as I have had it a few months.

Darn.
2016-4-5
Use props
ARM-001
lvl.3
United Kingdom

FrankC Posted at 2016-4-5 23:24
Mine too gets only 1300 feet before it gets a weak signal.  I thought it was normal.  Somehow I do ...

UK consumer law, you have 6 months for repair. I believe the DJI warranty is 12 months. 1300 feet (400 meters) well below spec. These things should go out to a couple of miles (theory only, not legally). Obv depends on your environment and sources of interference. I'd strongly recommend getting it replaced / looked at.

I flew mine out to 400 meters (at 400 feet height) and then took screen shots of the warnings. Where did you buy yours from?
2016-4-5
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

In the country side and from a hill I can get nearly 4000m but I have heard on this forum of others getting even further range.
2016-4-5
Use props
James'ik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126804 ft
Poland

The best I got so far was 600m and lost signal completely. I get an occasional "weak signal" warning and some video disruption even at 20m. I was wondering if there was something wrong with my P3A but then I looked at the channel display and noticed that I have lots of interference on all channels. I'll have to try it further away from civilization and all those Wi-Fi hot spots, cordless phones, microwave ovens and other things operating at the very crowded 2.4GHz.
Check your app and see if you see the same thing. Tap the HD icon with the signal strength indicator and take a look at the list of channels. I get large red bars jumping all over on all channels.
2016-4-5
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

I got over 2 miles away from home point today. So over 4 miles round trip. Thought that was pretty good. Still had 40%+ battery life left and it was a little windy.

[img][/img][img=0,1][/img]
2016-4-5
Use props
ARM-001
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Antenna alignment also plays a big part. There's a good video posted by one of the moderators here, just do a search for it.
2016-4-5
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

James'ik Posted at 2016-4-6 07:07
The best I got so far was 600m and lost signal completely. I get an occasional "weak signal" warning ...

I just did what people are calling a" 32 channel hack" which adds an extra24 channels to your menu. You may want to look into it. I'm sure some people may be mixed about it but I will try today and see if I get better range.  Also, my channels were red as well. I checked after the "hack" and the extra channels are CLEAR as water!
2016-4-6
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

Bhujang Posted at 2016-4-6 06:40
In the country side and from a hill I can get nearly 4000m but I have heard on this forum of others  ...

4000M WOWOWOWOW. That's nice. I hope to try it away from town soon to see how it does, away from all the WIFI signals and such. If I can get something even remotely close to that I would be ecstatic!
2016-4-6
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-6 08:28
I got over 2 miles away from home point today. So over 4 miles round trip. Thought that was pretty g ...

That is awesome. Looks like wide open country! Any Radio Antennas anywhere near by?
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-4-6 13:06
That is awesome. Looks like wide open country! Any Radio Antennas anywhere near by?

I'm not sure about the radio antennas. I think there are.
2016-4-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FrankC Posted at 2016-4-5 23:24
Mine too gets only 1300 feet before it gets a weak signal.  I thought it was normal.  Somehow I do ...

You need to test out in an open area. If you still think the range is poor then get it repaired/replaced under warranty. Your contract of sale is with the retailer, and if paid by credit card then they will chase up with retailer if need be. Up to one year for repairs (UK). I bought mine from Maplins, their policy is full refund, replace, or credit note (full amount) for any faults within 365 days. I got a full refund on my 5 month old P3 Pro' just a few days ago after the RC went faulty, primarily due to poor build quality (a couple of screws rattling about inside).
2016-4-6
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

G_MEZ_G Posted at 2016-4-6 19:05
4000M WOWOWOWOW. That's nice. I hope to try it away from town soon to see how it does, away from a ...

Yes is fun. That was one way so nearly 8000m there and back. About  5miles
2016-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules