Home Point Time Out
2997 16 2015-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike.hamel
lvl.1

Germany

I just came back from my second testflight. I had the problem that I could not register a home point for the aircraft or controller. Instead I get a yellow warning sign saysing home point setting time out. Anyone outthere having the same problems?

Regards from Germany
2015-1-13
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

I have received the same error. In mine,Ii will manually try to assign a home point using the app feature and I get a error telling me no home point was assigned (either controller or ground). However, my RTH functions flawlessly and returns to the point I chose, it just seems to not want to acknowledge this in the app. I called the US help line, and while knowledgeable, couldn't resolve the issue. RTH works, but it would be nice to know that the home point was definitively assigned, besides the green LED on the aircraft.
2015-1-13
Use props
mike.hamel
lvl.1

Germany

marcfrdly@yahoo Posted at 2015-1-14 02:57
I have received the same error. In mine,Ii will manually try to assign a home point using the app fe ...

But the green light shows GPS connection. Which green light do you mean on the craft.
Do assign the RTH in the air after automatic start or when it is still on the ground?
How can you manually assign a RTH over IOC?

Thanks Marc.
2015-1-13
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

mike.hamel@plan Posted at 2015-1-14 04:17
But the green light shows GPS connection. Which green light do you mean on the craft.
Do assign t ...

You're confusing Home point with Return to Home. The first sets the home point either to the craft or the transmitter. RTH is a command for the craft to climb to the preset altitude and fly home, landing itself.
In the app, to assign Home point, there is a vertical row of selections on the left side of the app in map mode. The lowest one will allow you to select either the transmitter or current position of the craft as Home Point.
The Inspire has to be airborne to assign Home Point.
2015-1-13
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

Aha! I didn't know it had to be airborne to assign a home point from the app. Probably a stupid question, but, if I assign a home point when the Inspire is airborne, say at 15ft, will it return to that spot and hover, or land itself? I guess regardless it would land itself due to battery.
2015-1-13
Use props
mike.hamel
lvl.1

Germany

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-14 05:02
You're confusing Home point with Return to Home. The first sets the home point either to the craft  ...

Thanks I will try this again.
2015-1-13
Use props
mike.hamel
lvl.1

Germany

marcfrdly@yahoo Posted at 2015-1-14 08:40
Aha! I didn't know it had to be airborne to assign a home point from the app. Probably a stupid ques ...

Hi Mark, have you tried this to set a RTH or Homeport after auto Take Off. I can not try this today as it pouring rain outside. Thanks Mike
2015-1-13
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

Mike-
It works fine, the craft just needs to be in flight. I guess we both learned something....
2015-1-14
Use props
mike.hamel
lvl.1

Germany

marcfrdly@yahoo Posted at 2015-1-15 03:16
Mike-
It works fine, the craft just needs to be in flight. I guess we both learned something....

Thanks. That means after  you start or auto takeoff you can assign on the left in the app the home point with the inspire position or controller position?
2015-1-14
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

I didn't auto take off, I just manually took off, let the craft hover at about 8 ft, then moved it a few feet and reassigned the home point with the app. Got a green message confirming, and had a nice flight.
2015-1-14
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

marcfrdly@yahoo Posted at 2015-1-15 08:06
I didn't auto take off, I just manually took off, let the craft hover at about 8 ft, then moved it a ...

Learned something new! I was going to do that on my next flight but I would have been trying to set it while it sat on the ground! So as long as it's in the air it can be set?

Mike
2015-1-14
Use props
mike.hamel
lvl.1

Germany

svencool Posted at 2015-1-15 08:39
Learned something new! I was going to do that on my next flight but I would have been trying to se ...

Marc thanks for the info. Waiting now for some more batteries
2015-1-14
Use props
ablackburn6.ema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108025 ft
  • >>>
United States

On my Inspire 1 you don't have to be airborne to set the home point, you just have to have the motors idling. My assumption is that this is to prevent accidentally setting the home point to some random location by accident.

The big issue for me is that I have tried a couple of times to execute the "Go Home and Land" function - both from the Pilot App and the Go Home button on the controller. In both cases the Inspire 1 has simply put the gear down and landed wherever it was without climbing to 20 meters. It takes a bit of scrambling to override the process should you hit the button over unappealing terrain. I tried it with the home point set to the Inspire 1 and set to the controller locations - no difference.  In every attempt the Inspire 1 was within 150' of home and less than 20 meters up, so I am wondering if there is a distance from home where the procedure to climb, go home and land reverts simply to landing. Under the circumstances I'm quite happy that the Inspire 1 wasn't half a mile away as a forced landing "somewhere over there" would have been disappointing.

Anybody else try the "Go Home"  feature successfully?
2015-1-20
Use props
rwade1957.email
lvl.1
United States

ablackburn6.ema Posted at 2015-1-20 16:25
On my Inspire 1 you don't have to be airborne to set the home point, you just have to have the motor ...

The new firmware changed a few things and one of them is that the craft will just land if 20 meters from you.
Take a look at the current Release Notes.
2015-1-21
Use props
ablackburn6.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108025 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks rwade - I was looking in the manual - didn't think it was new.  

The other thing to keep in mind with auto land is that it changes the flight mode by turning off IOC, if selected. This can lead to some confusion if you try to fine-tune the landing point, depending on which way the Inspire 1 is pointed.
2015-1-31
Use props
deanpsimon
New

United States

I am able to set a Home Point (thanks to your hint of running motors) but my issue is when I tell the craft to Return Home via the app the craft will land in place.  Any suggestions?
2015-3-8
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

deanpsimon Posted at 2015-3-9 05:47
I am able to set a Home Point (thanks to your hint of running motors) but my issue is when I tell th ...

Did it hover within a range of 20 meters?  If so, the aircraft would automatically landing instead of going up to 20 meters then returning home.
2015-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules