12Next >
6248 44 2016-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
prestonk25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119639 ft
United States

Ok so long story short I live in a small town (about 8,000) and my dad's the manager of the airport. We want to be able to fly our P3S their but anytime we try to take off it says that its a no-fly zone and it won't take off. I have tried to "Unlock" the loaction by selecting the airport and putting in my serial number, but it still doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something? Any he would be appreciated.
2016-4-4
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

Id contact support if the serial number is not working. That's the only option I see, does the app give you any feedback after entering the serial number?
2016-4-4
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

Interested in how this goes.
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Do you have everything installed correctly, for your Standard you have to have 1.04 GEO BETA firmware on your aircraft and 2.4.4 GEO Beta app on your Android (IOS soon)
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system

Here's some instructions I wrote up.

Instructions for GEO Beta app download onto  Android   device (currently only available for Android)

Uninstall the GO app from device: Go to settings, Applications, Application manager, find GO app and uninstall.
Installing 2.2.4 GEO Beta app: Go to DJI Geo webpage http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
Click on Android Beta Version APK, Agree to terms and it will then download
Go to  My Files, in Recent files click on the DJI app icon and it may say “Install Blocked” click on settings (if you get a different error then go to settings and scroll down to “Lock Screen and Security” Under Unknown sources slide the button to ON. Then go back to the DJI icon in My Files and then tap the icon and click agree and then the new 2.4.4 GEO Beta version app will open.

You also have to install the 1.7 firmware for your aircraft from the same DJI link. (only available for the P3 Pro/Advanced and Inspire.
When you get to the flying site, if it’s an Authorization Zone you can unlock providing a credit card or mobile phone number (using cell will send you a text message with a code)
You can also unlock from home ahead of time by using the map page and you can unlock up to 30 zones and they will be unlocked for 72 hours.  http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-4-4
Use props
chas_johnson
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 21:04
Do you have everything installed correctly, for your Standard you have to have 1.04 GEO BETA firmwar ...

I followed these instructions: installed Beta APK  and the firmware.  When I attempted to start the P3P motors, I got the dialogue stating that I am in a no fly zone and asking me to verify I have permission to fly this area.  I verified through cell phone, got a token and inputted that into the dialogue.  So far so good.  However, when I push the joysticks to initiate motors, I still get a script (albeit smaller) that says, "cannot take off in no fly zone."  Is there something I'm missing?  It seemed like everything was going good right up to the point where it wouldn't start the motors.  This is especially frustrating because i live about 1 1/2 miles from an airport.  I'm trying to fly indoors using the VPS, and it won't let me take off in my own damn house, where the FAA nor any other aviation department has jurisdiction.  
2016-4-8
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-5 00:04
Do you have everything installed correctly, for your Standard you have to have 1.04 GEO BETA firmwar ...

"... Uninstall the GO app from device: Go to settings, Applications, Application manager, find GO app and uninstall...

Installing 2.2.4 GEO Beta app:... Then go back to the DJI icon in My Files and then tap the icon and click agree and then the new 2.4.4 GEO Beta version app will open...

You also have to install the 1.7 firmware for your aircraft from the same DJI link...

When you get to the flying site..."

Hi Ken,

You indicated that the GoApp should be uninstalled prior to downloading & installing the GEO Beta app.  At some point after the GEO Beta app has been opened, is there a point at which the GoApp should then be re-installed back onto the tablet so that both apps are present on the tablet, or does the GEO Beta take the  place of GoApp & perform "double-duty" (security unlock functions as well as normal GoApp functions too)?

Next, is there also a corresponding v1.8... firmware update that accompanies the GEO Beta download, and that is different than the recently released 4/7/15 v1.8 normal firmware update?

Thanks much,

Russ
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-9 05:09
"... Uninstall the GO app from device: Go to settings, Applications, Application manager, find GO  ...

You do not want to install the regular app because the Geo app is a lower number and the updates will try to update the Geo out to the latest firmware update. There is a new Geo app coming sometime in the future but for now  just leave everything how it is
2016-4-8
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 17:21
You do not want to install the regular app because the Geo app is a lower number and the updates w ...

Thank you, Ken; very much appreciated.

btw:  is there [to be] a separate & different v1.8... GEO Beta aircraft firmware update as well?
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-9 05:24
Thank you, Ken; very much appreciated.

btw:  is there [to be] a separate & different v1.8... GEO  ...

There may be a new version down the road.
2016-4-8
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 17:31
There may be a new version down the road.

Very good, thanks again.
2016-4-8
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 17:21
You do not want to install the regular app because the Geo app is a lower number and the updates w ...

Ken,

If using the "Flight Planner" on one's PC ahead of time, and before leaving for the flying destination, for purposes of advance-unlocking NFZs beforehand, is it still necessary to also have the GEO Beta app present on the tablet?

Thanks again, Russ
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-9 05:50
Ken,

If using the "Flight Planner" on one's PC ahead of time, and before leaving for the flying d ...

Yes, you have to have the Geo app and the Geo aircraft firmware for it to work. So it needs to be installed on both your tablet and the aircraft or it will not work.
2016-4-8
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 17:54
Yes, you have to have the Geo app and the Geo aircraft firmware for it to work. So it needs to be  ...

Very good, thanks again.  Have a great weekend,  Russ
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-9 05:55
Very good, thanks again.  Have a great weekend,  Russ

Thanks, you too.
2016-4-8
Use props
pj1000
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 21:04

Ken, I am trying to install the 1.7 firmware and am getting "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft."  I do have the newest firmware already loaded.  Suggestions?  Thanks.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pj1000 Posted at 2016-4-8 16:12
Ken, I am trying to install the 1.7 firmware and am getting "The firmware on the SD card is identi ...

You have the latest firmware installed, 1.8 on the aircraft?
That still may not work, I know that if you updated your aircraft to the public 1.7 you could not install the 1.7 beta firmware. You can only install the 1.7 beta firmware if you were on 1.6 for lower on your aircraft
2016-4-8
Use props
pj1000
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 16:36
That still may not work, I know tha ...

Is there any way to downgrade from the latest, or have I upgraded my way out the No-Fly program?  I do have 1.8. installed now.  Thanks.
2016-4-8
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

pj1000 Posted at 2016-4-9 07:56
Is there any way to downgrade from the latest, or have I upgraded my way out the No-Fly program?   ...

This maybe a bit drastic but maybe it you would be better off buying a P3S/P3P that hasn't been updated and running on older firmware? You can find some fairly nice birds out there if you shop around. I sold my P3P for cheap and it only had 4-5 flights running on 1.7. Then sell your existing drone to offset the cost.

Anyhow, it's just a thought.
2016-4-8
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

chas_johnson@ya Posted at 2016-4-9 06:52
I followed these instructions: installed Beta APK  and the firmware.  When I attempted to start th ...

"where the FAA nor any other aviation department has jurisdiction"

yep but unfortunately DJI believe they do have jurisdiction. It's one of my main beefs with their whole concept of NFZ/Geofence, they impose restrictions beyond legal requirements rather than have the user being responsible for the legal operation of the craft.
2016-4-8
Use props
pj1000
lvl.1

United States

SVTRay Posted at 2016-4-8 17:35
This maybe a bit drastic but maybe it you would be better off buying a P3S/P3P that hasn't been up ...

Wow!  I can't believe I can't downgrade from 1.8 somehow.  Ken?
2016-4-8
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

Mike_fnq Posted at 2016-4-9 08:39
"where the FAA nor any other aviation department has jurisdiction"

yep but unfortunately DJI beli ...

It's not just DJI folks, 3DR and Yuneec etc does the same thing.

Manufactures are trying to keep everyone safe from idiots and anticipate the FAA's next move. The only way around it is to build your own drone. Even then you have to watch out for 3DR & DJI etc components that could still require their firmware updates. I'm personally leaning towards a home built drone my self, not because of the whole Geofencing issue, I don't care for it but I usually avoid those places anyways. I'm just looking to build something for larger cameras.
2016-4-8
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

SVTRay Posted at 2016-4-9 11:21
It's not just DJI folks, 3DR and Yuneec etc does the same thing.

Manufactures are trying to keep  ...

I'm actually all for an advisory implementation of both NFZ and geofencing. A tool that let's me know when there may be a potential issue is VERY useful. I'm not sure how others have implemented their versions so restrict myself commenting on the one I know. Any company with similar implementation strategies deserves equal disdain
2016-4-8
Use props
pj1000
lvl.1

United States

pj1000 Posted at 2016-4-8 16:56
Is there any way to downgrade from the latest, or have I upgraded my way out the No-Fly program?   ...

Is there any procedure out there )other than selling my P3 and buying an un-upgraded version) in order to get my NFZ software downgraded back in?
2016-4-9
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Does 1.6 Phantom 3 Pro/Adv firmware version contains NFZ restrictions?
2016-4-9
Use props
pj1000
lvl.1

Netherlands

pj1000 Posted at 2016-4-9 02:55
Wow!  I can't believe I can't downgrade from 1.8 somehow.  Ken?

Still trying to find a way to downgrade from 1.8 in order to use the NFZ program.  Can't believe I upgraded my way out of functionality.  Russ? Ken?  
2016-4-10
Use props
pj1000
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 16:36
That still may not work, I know tha ...

Thanks for your answer, Ken.  Are you saying there's no way I can take advantage of DJI's NFZ program any longer?  Half of my local area has one restriction or another.  Any workaround to get it back?  Had it last week.  Thanks for any more enlightenment.  (I do have a trouble ticket in asking but it's been in a while and hadn't heard back yet).
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pj1000 Posted at 2016-4-10 23:39
Thanks for your answer, Ken.  Are you saying there's no way I can take advantage of DJI's NFZ prog ...

Here are the instructions. Also they allowed you to downgrade to 1.7 from 1.8.
Try to install the GEO Beta  firmware for your aircraft, if it takes the firmware then install the app on your Android from the same webpage as the firmware and you'e good to go.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system

Instructions for GEO Beta app download onto  Android   device (currently only available for Android)

Uninstall the GO app from device: Go to settings, Applications, Application manager, find GO app and uninstall.
Installing 2.2.4 GEO Beta app: Go to DJI Geo webpage http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
Click on Android Beta Version APK, Agree to terms and it will then download
Go to  My Files, in Recent files click on the DJI app icon and it may say “Install Blocked” click on settings (if you get a different error then go to settings and scroll down to “Lock Screen and Security” Under Unknown sources slide the button to ON. Then go back to the DJI icon in My Files and then tap the icon and click agree and then the new 2.4.4 GEO Beta version app will open.

You also have to install the 1.7 firmware for your aircraft from the same DJI link. (only available for the P3 Pro/Advanced and Inspire.
When you get to the flying site, if it’s an Authorization Zone you can unlock providing a credit card or mobile phone number (using cell will send you a text message with a code)
You can also unlock from home ahead of time by using the map page and you can unlock up to 30 zones and they will be unlocked for 72 hours.  http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-4-10
Use props
pj1000
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-10 20:08
Here are the instructions. Also they allowed you to downgrade to 1.7 from 1.8.
Try to install the  ...

Ken - The 1.8 firmware doesn't allow for the beta firmware installation...says that the firmware I'm trying to install is the same or older than the firmware that already installed.  Are you saying to downgrade to the 1.7 and then try to install the beta NFZ firmware?  I will try that if you think it's worth a shot.   Thanks for your help.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

pj1000 Posted at 2016-4-12 02:09
Ken - The 1.8 firmware doesn't allow for the beta firmware installation...says that the firmware I ...

I do not think that will work, I tried.
I think we have to wait until another firmware update is available.
2016-4-11
Use props
stephen.h.watso
lvl.2

United States

Another example of why this whole NFZ thing from DJI is *STUPID*.
2016-4-11
Use props
pj1000
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-11 11:12
I think we have to wait until another firmware update is a ...

No Fly Zone Firmware/Software Update Works

I received a pretty quick response from the Flysafe Team at DJI.  They sent me a link that led to a special new Beta upgrade allowing pilots to fly in no fly zones.  The firmware update loaded on top of the latest 1.8 firmware without a problem.  Also there's a new beta Go App on this page as well.  (http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system)  which installs after uninstalling the latest Go App from my Samsung Tab4. . Once both are installed, then go here - [url]http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly[/url] to register your particular serial number and  the NFZ you want to fly in.  Once your at the NFZ,  turn on your quad and control unit, it will allow you fly in the resticted area  once you've ok'd a series of warnings.  It can only work with the latest "Beta" firmware and software.  Who Knew?
2016-4-14
Use props
jtavares.mne.tl
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

Phantom 3 Advanced + IOS DJI Go App.

I work for a company that supervises the construction of a new airport in Pante-Macassar, Oé-Cusse enclave in Timor-Leste (East Timor).
There used to be a small dirt strip which has been excavated and that area will become part of the new 2200m long asphalted runway.
Before we bought the Phantom 3 Advanced I checked DJI web page, there was no restriction shown for this area, which seemed natural since there was no utilization of this area as an airport.
After buying the drone, sure enough, the drone would not fly into the eastern half of the construction area.

I have written to DJI safe a number of times and showed them pictures of the construction site. Going to http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly, one can see that DJI continues to consider this an airport, however, when going to http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock, there is no indication of an airport that one may select to unlock.

We have upgraded both the drone and the controller to the latest firmware versions P3S_FW_V01.08.0080 and Version 1.6.0 respectively.

What can we do to remove this restriction about flying into this non existent airport at least until the end of 2018?

I have downloaded the latest beta firmware version P2S_FW_V01.09.0021, but I am not sure if installing it will solve the issue. also, the current firmware is 59,7Mb and this beta version is only 809Kb, so something may be missing in this beta firmware.

Any advice, please? We need this as a valuable working tool.

Thank you
2016-4-14
Use props
nkak78
lvl.1

United Kingdom

you simply not allow to fly near airports or within certain miles around... this was imbeded into the firmware before this...its a safety feature by DJI
2016-4-14
Use props
jtavares.mne.tl
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

nkak78

This place is not an airport, at least until we finish our work. And we need the drone to do our work in a better way.

Not asking for the geo fencing feature to be removed. Just that they update it and remove this non existent airport from the list or add it to the unlock feature. Reasonable, isn't it?
2016-4-14
Use props
RV7 Flyer
lvl.2

United States

See what happens when you add a 'feature" without properly thinking through all the different use cases?
2016-4-14
Use props
jtavares.mne.tl
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

Is it so difficult to remove one set of coordinates from the FW file?
2016-4-14
Use props
pj1000
lvl.1

United States

jtavares.mne.tl Posted at 2016-4-15 00:06
Is it so difficult to remove one set of coordinates from the FW file?

JT - I received the best help in unlocking my NFZ restriction for my particular situation from the people at flysafe@dji.com .  I suggest writing them directly.  They're not the same as standard DJI customer service.  Good Luck!
2016-4-15
Use props
jtavares.mne.tl
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

pj1000

I have emailed them several times. They said they'd look into it. Still no luck.
2016-4-15
Use props
Turbo Guam
lvl.1

Guam

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-12 04:12
I think we have to wait until another firmware update is a ...

So this beta version won't work for Phantom 4?
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Turbo Guam Posted at 2016-4-23 04:51
So this beta version won't work for Phantom 4?

It will work for the P4 in time.
2016-4-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules