Indoor Scare
1106 4 2015-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevejg16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29001916 ft
United States

Received Inspire on Monday. Updates went OK. Raining out so, I'll try a hover inside. P-GPS, OK to Fly. As I was easing up on the throttle, it started to get ahead of me so, I throttled down and it responded. Sticks in neutral postition, it started to throttle up on its own, again I was able to throttle down and it responded. Shut it all down, started over and this time I did not have any of that throttle problem again. Did a short duration hover and then decided to shut it down and charge everything.

I did get a model with the traditional carbon fiber weave, there is a very slight looseness to the legs that is noted in many posts here, I just want to get this into a low hover and raise the gear then check for any vibration problems before I move forward. I don't have a problem grounding my craft if need be to be as sure as I can that it will fly the way it should fly.

By the way, I have flown my Phantom Vision Plus for about 5 months and before that have built and flown r/c helicopters for a few years.

2015-1-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are going to have to get up about a meter or so to raise the landing gear.  What does the Opti icon show in the lower left corner?
2015-1-13
Use props
rwt0227
lvl.2

United States

Also note that as I've experienced, a combination between a small-ish room (anything smaller than essentially a warehouse with 30 foot ceilings) and a lack of a distinct pattern on the floor and your craft will drift around a bit more indoors.
2015-1-13
Use props
stevejg16
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29001916 ft
United States

Ed, I didn't even try to raise the gear at that level and I didn't take notice what the Opti icon was showing. I'll be able to get an outdoor test in the next few days. I just wanted to get my experience out there because, whatever caused that blip I had, It wasn't from any stick input from me. I just want to take it slow and make sure I have a good flying machine first.
2015-1-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do know.  I was flying the Inspire in a 10x30' cage at CES for many hours.  It performs very well in such a dirty environment but it is still a little scary the first time you do it.
2015-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules