Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone use litchi with VR glasses
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teedo757
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

Just wondering if it's worth the investment coming from iOS to invest in an android phone and a pair of VR goggles. I know it's different for every person but I'm wondering how imersive it is. Anyone tried it?
2016-4-5
Use props
whend
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1019455 ft
United States

I bought the Lichi app and a set of google cardboard goggles. Works alright. Had a person walk up on me and half scared me to death, ask what i was doing. Can see well in the sun, but don't like not being aware of what is around me while flying.
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I've read some discussing the FPV goggles in the forum and you can check in the links below:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47501-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45956-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47961-1-1.html
2016-4-5
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

If you use iPhone, FPV Goggles app works on iOS. Check this http://fpvbooster.com/index.php? ... w=article&id=27
2016-4-5
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
United States

FPV booster I read some of the reviews about needing to buy additional modules to get features. I am hesitant to buy because I don't know what the additional cost is for modules. Any insight would help. Thanks
2016-4-6
Use props
gmezg
lvl.3

United States

whend Posted at 2016-4-6 10:32
I bought the Lichi app and a set of google cardboard goggles. Works alright. Had a person walk up on ...

Agree. I saw a helicopter flying low the other day (Not while flying luckily) and I can't help but to think about not being able to see something like that.
2016-4-6
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
United States

I would think the experience would be best staying as close to the top of the tree line. Might try FPV but I'm not sure what the real cost is after in store purchases.
2016-4-6
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
United States

Found the current pricing for FPV Camera:

App: $4.99
All-in-one Subscription: $2.99
FPV Goggles: $7.99
Mission Planner: $9.99
Flight Log: $6.99

Total: $29.96 w/o subscription which is on par with Autopilot
2016-4-7
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Litchi app. and Homido VR goggles. No mods...just great flying!
2016-4-7
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

teedo757 Posted at 2016-4-6 23:23
FPV booster I read some of the reviews about needing to buy additional modules to get features. I am ...

You may need to buy a VR headset of your choice (similar below) to hold your iPhone on your head. That's it.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ ... eld-keywords=vr+box
2016-4-9
Use props
jcradford
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31027 ft

I bought the WolfBlitz goggles -- probably similar to other Chinese brands, with an LG droid that just fits the case at 6" and Litchi.
In VR mode I am only somewhat satisfied, but getting some breakup in signal and latency.  It's one of those things that takes some getting used to ... And
With some tradeoffs, like ambient or peripheral sensory cues ... But on a sunny day, I think this might be a great way to fly once you're
secure with the narrower field of vision.  The 'books' and experts will tell you that watching a screen, any screen, should be combined with
spotting the aircraft with the naked eye ... For safety sake, reaction time, etc etc.  Today I had an osprey take hard look at my P3P, and wouldn't
have seen it with the VR mode in time to drop altitude fast.    So, experience, choice, training.   Right tool right job.
2016-6-2
Use props
skyskraber
lvl.1

I use VR Box 2 glasses with Litchi and Dream Flights Apps. Love both
2016-9-30
Use props
stuka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

whend Posted at 2016-4-6 10:32
I bought the Lichi app and a set of google cardboard goggles. Works alright. Had a person walk up on ...

Same here. Figured it was potentially an accident looking for a place to happen. No surrounding awareness.
2016-9-30
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

teedo757 Posted at 2016-4-6 05:23
FPV booster I read some of the reviews about needing to buy additional modules to get features. I am ...

Aloha teedo,

For $250 you can get HDMI Yuneec or HeadPlay HD goggles.  If your device does not have an HDMI port, DGI sells one for P3P, P3A and P4 controllers that work very well ($100).  These will give you a very immersive 720p (true) experience.  This will work with iOS and Android devices.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-9-30
Use props
fans52d9630a
New

Colombia

Hi All, I revived this because I'm confused, I have a phantom 3 pro, last weekend I proved litchi with VR Googles but I only can move the gimbal up and down. There's any way to make Yaw move with my head?.... I mean.... If I move my head to right... the phantom 3 pro make the move (Yaw move) as well to right side?
2017-6-29
Use props
user14f4a497e5
New
Flight distance : 240551 ft
Canada

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-4-7 10:48
I use Litchi app. and Homido VR goggles. No mods...just great flying!

Same lol ! Works good for me !
2017-10-12
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

I mostly go flying with a headset, do the set up, checks and take off with an iPad then slip down the goggles and go flying. But you can do that using the Dji GO App or Litchi. In fact i often use several headsets, for my copilot and family, they feel much more involved then and more sypathetic to my activities.

In order to use several screens with the p4p at the same time you need to have the HDMI board on the controller so you have USB and HDMI outlets.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules