3072 19 2016-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P2-I1-P4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I put several layers of Elmers glue on the outside of the foam case that the p4 came in. The glue dried almost clear with milky whitish spots in the heavy spots and it took me a couple of day to coat the entire case with several coats. I just squeezed it on and smeared it around with two fingers, that's it. Now it's hard and alot more durable when being put into the trunk of my car and on the ground etc when I'm out. A small bottle cost $1.25 (US). Alot of other glues will melt the foam but Emers white glue is just fine and at the right price. Didn't figure I need a $100+ case when there a perfectly good already here.

----- update -----
After four coats applied to the entire case and dried completely (after 2 days), it looks as if there is nothing on the case. So a picture would show a case that looks excactly like how it showed up in the mail (new).

2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It sounds cool. It would be better to post a picture here
2016-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

How many bottles of Elmers Glue did it take to cover the case?

Please post a sticky pic. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-4-5
Use props
P2-I1-P4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-4-6 14:47
How many bottles of Elmers Glue did it take to cover the case?

Please post a sticky pic. ;-)

One small (4 fl oz.) bottle. of Elmer's "School Glue". safe and non-toxic.
after it dried completely it looks as if nothing has been put on it. And the shell is harder and will dent slightly in extreme gouging test, but it didn't break off or crack like styrofoam like to do.
2016-4-6
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

P2-I1-P4 Posted at 2016-4-7 14:47
One small (4 fl oz.) bottle. of Elmer's "School Glue". safe and non-toxic.
after it dried complete ...

Elmers is water based, if you are in a humid climate or near the ocean, would it not become tacky?
I have experience this in the early days of 3D printing when I used elmers on the print bed to assist with print adhesion, the glue would be tacky on humid days.

Cheers
Rob
2016-4-7
Use props
Li.F
lvl.1

Or get this bag for around $90 bucks and put a lot more stuff in, and be rain proof :-) Just got mine yesterday and already deeply in love with it over original foam case... (I got second battery and the second one wouldn't fit anywhere in the foam case..) Best bang for the buck, and exactly the same as the official DJI Phantom 4 backpack that they sell for $330...

Phantom 4 Backpack

2016-4-7
Use props
TK-421
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-7
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Australia

Li.F Posted at 2016-4-8 12:52
Or get this bag for around $90 bucks and put a lot more stuff in, and be rain proof :-) Just got min ...

The foam case has cut outs for 2 batteries.
2016-4-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-4-8 02:42
The foam case has cut outs for 2 batteries.

I can't fit two extra batteries in my p4 case???
2016-4-8
Use props
Li.F
lvl.1

Where exactly do you fit extra batteries in the original P4 foam case? A photo illustrating that would be great! Coz I can't figure out
2016-4-8
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Li.F Posted at 2016-4-8 09:25
Where exactly do you fit extra batteries in the original P4 foam case? A photo illustrating that wou ...

2016-4-8
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cool idea. Wondering if the glue will get sticky when it gets wet or around moisture. Check out what I did to my case
2016-4-8
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-4-8 08:42
I can't fit two extra batteries in my p4 case???

See picture I attached above
2016-4-8
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Li.F Posted at 2016-4-7 21:52
Or get this bag for around $90 bucks and put a lot more stuff in, and be rain proof :-) Just got min ...

I have seen this bag online and because the bird faces down, wouldn't the props get damaged from pressing against the bag? Or at least rip the material.
2016-4-8
Use props
Li.F
lvl.1

Wow... I tried to fit my extra battery into one of those slots and never thought about putting them in horizontally... Bummer, Thanks a lot!
2016-4-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-4-8 09:44
See picture I attached above

Thanks for posting this.
2016-4-8
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Australia

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-4-8 23:35
Cool idea. Wondering if the glue will get sticky when it gets wet or around moisture. Check out what ...

I saw that in one of your other posts, very well done it really came out nice.
How is the Plasti Dip holding up, it's been a few weeks now since you coated it ?

Cheers
Rob
2016-4-8
Use props
bmchollan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481677 ft
  • >>>
India

This is potentially a dumb question, but . . . Do all of the Phantom 4 "packages" DJI sell (drone with 1 battery, drone with 2 batteries, etc.) come with the foam case?  In the DJI store the only one that shows a picture of the foam case is the drone with 1 battery.  I want to buy the drone with 2 batteries, but definitely want the foam case too.

Thanks . . .

Bruce
2016-6-6
Use props
djiuser_Nkhc8VD
lvl.1
Malaysia

bmchollan@gmail Posted at 2016-6-6 14:49
This is potentially a dumb question, but . . . Do all of the Phantom 4 "packages" DJI sell (drone with 1 battery, drone with 2 batteries, etc.) come with the foam case?  In the DJI store the only one that shows a picture of the foam case is the drone with 1 battery.  I want to buy the drone with 2 batteries, but definitely want the foam case too.

Thanks . . .

Bruce,
I think either you buy a Phantom 4 with one or two or even more batteries, they will give you the same foam case which have 2 compartments for extra battery. Means you could only able the fit in maximum 3 batteries. One attached with the drone, two on the battery slots.

Adrian
2018-1-3
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

May I ask what is the purpose of "reinforcing" the case that is intentionally made to take the brunt of force when dropped or damaged?
I travel with mine in the  Smatree Backpack for Phantom 4 Pro  .  And when I'm traveling overseas, I add a couple layers of clothes around the outside of the hardshell within the backpack for extra padding.  

Samtree Backpack for Phantom 4 Pro

Samtree Backpack for Phantom 4 Pro
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules