2 batches of p4's ????
955 3 2016-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyphotovideo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311791 ft
United States

I have seen 2 different phantom 4's and found 3 differences between them. The camera on one of them has phillips screws instead of torx, the case is a bit different, and the bottom of the landing gear has markings for the gimbal clamp. Are there any other differences, or just these? Thank You! and please reply.  
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Don't worry it is normal.It doesn't influence normal operation of the aircraft.
2016-4-5
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

I took my first P4 back which I picked up on release date, and had it exchanged for a new one. The folders on the SD ard say modified 17/03/2016 - so this must be on of the newest batches from the release batch as my phantom was made after release date.

With this P4 I found the following differences..

1) There are groves in the feet to show how the gimbal holder should line up (my orginal P4 didn't have any groves)

2) The SD card is now a Panasonic not the blue Lexar (I prefer the look of the blue lexar, as the panasonic is all black - doesn't matter as I use a bigger card)

3) The firmware of the craft didnt need such a big update like my orginal... It did need an update but I didn't need a cable on the side, it just did it wirelessly and only took a minute. (The other upgrade for my original P4 firmware sounded like it updated all the ESC, this one didn't seem to need to)

4) There was no protection labels on the front facing vision cameras.

5) There is piece of removable styrofoam in the case above the batteries that I did not have before.

6) The case feels slightly different, not sure what it is but doesn't feel as smooth (seems more bumps on the outside)

7) The locking mechanism of the case glides in nicely, where as my other one before there was a bit of resistance when turning it.

8) The camera gimball seems to hit a lot hard on startup when it goes up and down.
2016-4-6
Use props
skyphotovideo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311791 ft
United States

which one is newer? also the piece where your finger goes into the latch is bigger than the other one
2016-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules