Inspire 1 RAW Firmware 1.7.00.90+?
1691 8 2016-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cinematic_aeros
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

Just got my Inspire 1 RAW yesterday and I believe it is saying it has firmware 1.7.00.90+ installed on it... I thought the latest firmware for Inspire 1 Pro is 1.4.00.70? Maybe is there a different set of firmware for the Pro compared to the RAW? I don't see anywhere on my DJI Go app where it mentions 1.4.00.70.
2016-4-6
Use props
cupsandpills
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28547 ft
  • >>>

I am having similar problems.  We worked through the firmware and dont know if it needs to be updated or not.  DJI rep on the phone one says yes one says no. Release notes dont mention an update, and the manual online mentions looking for the light on the camera (which is on the pro but not on the raw) to figure out if its updating.  I think remotes need firmware update but drone does not, but we are having problems with our X5R camera out of the box so we are contacting DJI today.
2016-4-6
Use props
cinematic_aero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

cupsandpills@gm Posted at 2016-4-6 21:23
I am having similar problems.  We worked through the firmware and dont know if it needs to be update ...

Yes, both my remotes updated but it said aircraft was already up-to-date with 1.7.00.90+ but I don't see that firmware for Inspire 1 Pro/RAW anywhere on DJI's website. And yes wish X5R had a status light like the X5.
2016-4-6
Use props
fulllockmedia
lvl.2
  • >>>

Ditto - the funny thing is the manual claims it does have the light also.  We mentioned this to DJI tech yesterday and they said they will get that adjusted - the last rep told us that their is no firmware updates for the X5R yet.  We are using the release note PDF to stay on top of it. you'd think they make this whole thing a little cleaner with 3 levels of camera / gimbal.
2016-4-6
Use props
fulllockmedia
lvl.2
  • >>>

Having some insane phone calls with 3 different DJI reps on this one.  Conclusion:  "I'll be honest, I dont know.,  Send us a video.".  

We are going to make a video and post it here too so we can see if our problems are consistent with other RAW flyers so we can work to get this shit fixed.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

It's normal because the body is using inspire 1 firmware1.7.00.90
2016-4-6
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-7 06:21
It's normal because the body is using inspire 1 firmware1.7.00.90

The body? Can you elaborate that please? Can we just update the inspire 1 RAW with the PRO version or do we need to wait for inspire 1 RAW firmware? It's pretty confusing right now since we also have an X5R firmware...There is also no entry in the user manual of the X5R on how to update it.
2016-4-7
Use props
fulllockmedia
lvl.2
  • >>>

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Notes_en_160407.pdf
New update to firmware.  we are running it now to see what happens - apparently it fixes some of the gimbal issues we are having, and it updates controller and craft.  update craft first.
2016-4-7
Use props
fulllockmedia
lvl.2
  • >>>

nivong Posted at 2016-4-7 18:43
The body? Can you elaborate that please? Can we just update the inspire 1 RAW with the PRO version  ...

Im under the impression we should just stay on the firmware for the X5R - in the release notes it mentions it will update the camera and the "aircraft" versions in the app so i believe the X5R firmware is all we need to worry about if we are flying an inspire 1 RAW or an inspire 1 with an upgraded X5R craft.  But we are going to reach out to DJI to confirm after we run this update.
2016-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules