Black and White lines on IPad screen
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richbeavers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1083625 ft
United States

I just got the Phantom 3 Advanced and made a couple of flights with no problems. Only problem now is on the DJI GO app with my IPad hooked up I have black and White lines running across the screen. Very irritating but the lines don't show up on the video. Anybody know what may be causing these lines. They are just on parts of the screen and on a 45 degree angle, they also move.
Thanks
Rich
2016-4-6
Use props
Lwc1496
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Like this?   http://forum.dji.com/thread-28526-1-1.html
2016-4-6
Use props
richbeavers
lvl.2

I fixed the Zebra lines, just went to the camera menu on the DJI Go app then to tools and shut off the over exposure warning switch.
2016-4-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

It's just zebra lines, an over-exposure warning.  You can turn it off in the settings.  In photography you can alter the ISO, shutter and exposure settings to make the image darker.  Not so easy in video.  If you get this a lot, and a lot of your image is washed out and overly bright, your camera might need "sunglasses".  These are called ND (neutral density) filters.  They come in various grades depending on how dark you need them.  I usually go by the rule of thumb that if I am squinting because of the brightness and considering wearing sunglasses myself, it is time to attach a ND filter.  There are some good threads on the forum already discussing this topic.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

If you don't want these zebra lines. you can switch off the Over Exposure Warning : 过曝警告.PNG
2016-4-6
Use props
richbeavers
lvl.2
United States

Thanks, I shut it off all ok now. Looking to get filters
2016-4-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can adjust the overexposure quite simply by turning the right wheel on the RC...

RedHotPoker
2016-4-8
Use props
richbeavers
lvl.2

RHP, I tried that but still had the lines. Will have to get a filter. For now the Over Exposure Switch is off
2016-4-10
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207064 ft
Australia

I have also experienced this issue.I wasn't to fussed as the lines don't show up in the photo or video,but it is a little annoying.I tried reducing the exposure with the wheel on the controller,but this makes my pics a little on the dark side.I may have to look at getting some filters myself.
2017-1-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TJF059 Posted at 2017-1-12 14:13
I have also experienced this issue.I wasn't to fussed as the lines don't show up in the photo or video,but it is a little annoying.I tried reducing the exposure with the wheel on the controller,but this makes my pics a little on the dark side.I may have to look at getting some filters myself.

Filters do not solve thje problem, they just shift it to a lower exposure level. It is best to learn how to manually expose the shot using the exposure wheel. Also look at what is causing the over-exposure, are you shooting into the sun or bright clouds, if so, change the angle of the shot to avoid high brightness areas.
2017-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-12 14:20
Filters do not solve thje problem, they just shift it to a lower exposure level. It is best to learn how to manually expose the shot using the exposure wheel. Also look at what is causing the over-exposure, are you shooting into the sun or bright clouds, if so, change the angle of the shot to avoid high brightness areas.

Problem as far as I see it using exposure adjust wheel is that it does so by adjusting shutter speed which is not ideal for video work where fixing shutter speed at half that of frame rate gives good results; using ND filters to reduce incoming light on the fixed aperture camera.
2017-1-12
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-12 14:20

Geebax,I have been using the exposure wheel to eliminate the lines but then find the pic is a bit dark.Im very new to the whole drone arieal photography thing,but very eager to learn.I will continue to play with it to get it right.Thanks for your feedback
2017-1-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TJF059 Posted at 2017-1-12 18:27
Geebax,I have been using the exposure wheel to eliminate the lines but then find the pic is a bit dark.Im very new to the whole drone arieal photography thing,but very eager to learn.I will continue to play with it to get it right.Thanks for your feedback

That's fine, but sometimes you need to over-expose some areas of the picture to get the best shot, so if you dial down the exposure wheel to get rid of the zebra lines, then you may very well be under-exposing as you suggest. Another tool you can use is the histogram tool, it is a bit tricky to use, and you need to study it on-line to understand it, but it gives good results.
2017-1-12
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Geebax,Thanks for your tips I will read up on the histogram and have a play on my next flight
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

TJF059 Posted at 2017-1-12 20:17
Hi Geebax,Thanks for your tips I will read up on the histogram and have a play on my next flight

It would be nice to see the results, happy flying!
2017-1-12
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Australia

[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BIMG%5D[/IMG][/img] I think I'm getting there.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules