16585 18 2016-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

And here's a couple of Active Track videos.

2016-4-6
Use props
oilcountry
lvl.1

Norway

Stupid question from me: will it maintain a static height? There are lots of trees where I am at and I need to keep it higher than the trees so it won't hit any of them while tracking me skiing or riding my bicycle...
2017-1-9
Use props
Crayban
lvl.1

Qatar

oilcountry Posted at 2017-1-9 03:53
Stupid question from me: will it maintain a static height? There are lots of trees where I am at and I need to keep it higher than the trees so it won't hit any of them while tracking me skiing or riding my bicycle...

First time use using active track mode on the dji Mavic Pro, it did not maintain height. But it sense objects in the way and stopped midflight if anything obstructed its path. Have a look at the short video I created whilst using it for the first time.
2017-1-18
Use props
fans92e58fe9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just started using my Phantom 4.   When using Active Track - does the Phantom 4 automatically follow the object or does it just keep its camera on it and you have to manually follow it with the remote?  I understand that the camera will follow the object you indicate - but when that object moves - will the Phantom 4 move with it automatically - or do you have to follow it using the remote?  
2017-2-24
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

fans92e58fe9 Posted at 2017-2-24 19:22
Just started using my Phantom 4.   When using Active Track - does the Phantom 4 automatically follow the object or does it just keep its camera on it and you have to manually follow it with the remote?  I understand that the camera will follow the object you indicate - but when that object moves - will the Phantom 4 move with it automatically - or do you have to follow it using the remote?

fan92e58fe9:

It moves. It lunges. It follows. The videos, above, pretty much demonstrate this.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-24
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

It follows you automatically.
2017-2-24
Use props
fans92e58fe9
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-2-24 20:23
It follows you automatically.

Thanks for the quick reply guys.  Sorry to be a pain but I couldn't find any info on it.  My Phantom doesn't follow the object.  It just keeps the camera on it.  If the object walks past 30m or so - it says it is out of distance (or a similar message).  So the Phantom just hovers and keeps the camera on the object - if I use the remote to follow it - it will also keep the camera on it.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a toggle or position it needs to be in to actually automatically follow?  I'm hoping it's just a simple thing I'm missing.
2017-2-24
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

it does follow but if you watch the cyclist movie here attached, while the cyclist descents the drone appear to maintain flight level and the object decreases until it vanishes. i wish the drone was able to maintain distance. if there was something like a beacon to attach to the subject, say infrared of a certain pattern that the obstacle detection could detect and recognize in between consecutive obstacle detection sessions, just enough to help maintain the distance without affecting the VPS, i think that would be interesting.
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans92e58fe9 Posted at 2017-2-24 21:00
Thanks for the quick reply guys.  Sorry to be a pain but I couldn't find any info on it.  My Phantom doesn't follow the object.  It just keeps the camera on it.  If the object walks past 30m or so - it says it is out of distance (or a similar message).  So the Phantom just hovers and keeps the camera on the object - if I use the remote to follow it - it will also keep the camera on it.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a toggle or position it needs to be in to actually automatically follow?  I'm hoping it's just a simple thing I'm missing.

It should follow the object, make sure the object is large and close enough to get a lock and then it if whatever you are tracking the aircraft should follow.
You're doing this in an open area correct?
2017-2-25
Use props
fans92e58fe9
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-25 12:13
It should follow the object, make sure the object is large and close enough to get a lock and then it if whatever you are tracking the aircraft should follow.
You're doing this in an open area correct?

I am doing it an open area.  The target is contrasting.  The camera has no trouble finding it.  The only problem is the phantom won't follow it.  The camera does. - the subject can run around in circles and the camera is dead on it.  However, if it starts to move past 30m or so - the phantom won't move - it will just hoover until I manually move it.  I sure it's something simple - if not - tech support - then return.  Any other suggestions would be great,
2017-2-25
Use props
fans92e58fe9
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans92e58fe9 Posted at 2017-2-25 13:45
I am doing it an open area.  The target is contrasting.  The camera has no trouble finding it.  The only problem is the phantom won't follow it.  The camera does. - the subject can run around in circles and the camera is dead on it.  However, if it starts to move past 30m or so - the phantom won't move - it will just hoover until I manually move it.  I sure it's something simple - if not - tech support - then return.  Any other suggestions would be great,

disregard my question - figured it out. Step one read directions better.  Thanks for the replies.
2017-2-25
Use props
Brianketo77
lvl.1

United States

What did you fugure out
2017-2-25
Use props
aeriALL.ro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 504984 ft
Romania

Probably he dind't press the GO button that appear near the locked subject (I myself didn't see it first time). It's a stupid UI for that matter if you ask
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans92e58fe9 Posted at 2017-2-25 14:18
disregard my question - figured it out. Step one read directions better.  Thanks for the replies.

Glad you got it sorted out.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

aeriALL.ro Posted at 2017-2-27 04:28
Probably he dind't press the GO button that appear near the locked subject (I myself didn't see it first time). It's a stupid UI for that matter if you ask

The GO needs to be there to verify it will track the correct subject.
2017-2-27
Use props
fans92e58fe9
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-27 06:54
Glad you got it sorted out.

Thanks - the above poster was correct.  I never took the second step and pressed go.  It's weird how the camera will follow you but the drone won't when you don't hit the GO (which threw me off - no excuse).  But all is well and thanks for all the input.  Had some great days this week and the Active Track worked great.  
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans92e58fe9 Posted at 2017-2-28 14:55
Thanks - the above poster was correct.  I never took the second step and pressed go.  It's weird how the camera will follow you but the drone won't when you don't hit the GO (which threw me off - no excuse).  But all is well and thanks for all the input.  Had some great days this week and the Active Track worked great.

Great, glad it's resolved.
2017-3-2
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-2 12:06
Great, glad it's resolved.

Ken????  
YOU'RE ALIVE!!!

Figured your head exploded with my last email.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-3-2 12:16
Ken????  
YOU'RE ALIVE!!!

Actually I just saw the email and reading it now
2017-3-2