Lightbridge seems to go in and out
805 8 2016-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott3
lvl.2
United States

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Its jittery.  
2016-4-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

i have never had any problems with my P3P or P4      is your problem just in 1 location which may be just em interference, or have you tried a few different areas a few miles appart?   where are you flying in general,  in a city or around buildings and powerlines?   
2016-4-6
Use props
scott3
lvl.2
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-6 09:16
i have never had any problems with my P3P or P4      is your problem just in 1 location which may be ...

Thanks for the reply.  Its just one spot.  Maybe its some interference.  Ive been too afraid to fly it anywhere else.  haha.  Just my back yard.
2016-4-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

scott3 Posted at 2016-4-6 12:35
Thanks for the reply.  Its just one spot.  Maybe its some interference.  Ive been too afraid to fl ...

when you have time go outside and test this
Try starting up drone,  (no props needed not going to fly) outside.  remember take gimbal lock off,   connect tablet and controller an power up as you were going to fly.   hit camera on the dji go app same way you would to fly as well.   

now open the setting menu on your tablet/phone,  top right button on the screen to the right of battery voltages   tap looks like 3 lines ". _"   right above menu on top right of the screen

on the left of the menu you will see a tab HD(in the middle  below the controller pic and above battery/aircraft arrow pic)  that will show you image transmission noise per channels for interference

if you see lots of red lines its local em interference causing your issues.  this by default is set to auto.  i have never needed to use custom settings here but if you are with others or in areas with problems and you have a stable channel on the graph, you can set it to custom and select a specific channel for it.  you can also change the transmission quality of the broadcast video.   lower quality broadcasts further with lower bandwidth than higher quality video needing more bandwidth.   you can turn the quality down and you may achieve better results with range of the video.   

loss of video and these settings have nothing to do with control of the drone.    your video can get choppy, drop out or just look crappy and your drone will still be safe.     if you get nervous or get scared when/if you lose all video push and hold the home button and you drone will come back.   

just make sure you have setting properly configured.   on the menu tab where i told you to go to check signal strength, open the top tab(looks like little drone from top down)   make sure your return to home altitude is set sufficiently high enough to clear trees and other obstacles.  just a note its in meters not feet.   with that set up pushing and holding home button for 3 seconds will bring your phantom home.  

under the same general tab that you set your return to home altitude at, at the bottom you have an advance tap.  open that up.   when you scroll down at the bottom you can open the tab for sensors, this will show you if the compass or imu is having and issues with the environment your in.    below the sensor tab under the "other" list (not a tab to open)   you have options for what to do incase of RC signal loss.  this can be set to Return to home,  hover, or land.    if you are outdoors return to home is usually your best bet.   USUALLY.  if you will be flying under large trees or below anything along those lines,  should/may want to change this to hover.    if your RC signal is lost while below tree branches or something auto return to home with RC loss may cause your drone to raise up to the set altitude and hit something.    so keep this in mind =)

if you get weak rc warning, should bring your bird back or avoid what you are doing because something is interfering with the drone receiving commands from the controller.   RC signal and video transmission are 2 separate functions/signals,    one is for drone controller sending information/commands to the drone. other is drone sending back video and information about the drone.    you have seen the warning of "weak video signal"  (i think that what the warning is, not positive but used quotes anyway)  You also have another warning of "weak rc signal" (same as before)

weak video just means you wolnt see clearly/choppy/fussy/delayed/lagging.   as drone is still safe but shouldn't fly solely with FPV what you see on video display from the drone.   if your flying in line of site you can still control the drone just fine.  or you can pull up the map on your display and follow the green line back to where you are if you lose video signal.   

sorry for lengthy post and oversimplifying menu navigation.  not ment to be an insult on you or anyone's intelligence. rather be over descriptive to cut down on any confusion people may have.  

Hopefully reading this helps and gets you confidence to not fly in fear.      Never fly in fear, fly with respect for the craft and environment!    Make a note as well,   always check the weather for wind warnings.  keep below 400 ft as per regulations in the usa.  use common sense not to fly irresponsible and become a nuisance/hazardous to people and animals.     
2016-4-6
Use props
scott3
lvl.2
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-6 11:28
Try starting up drone,  (no props needed not going to  ...

Thanks for the info.  Turns out that it was my older iPad mini 2 that was the issue.  I switched to my iPhone 6+ and it was crystal clear.  
2016-4-6
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-7 02:28

Hey quickpoint, thanks for the explanation on how to check for that. I was always curious about those settings. :-)
2016-4-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-4-6 19:26
Hey quickpoint, thanks for the explanation on how to check for that. I was always curious about th ...

Your very welcome.   Glad I was able to help shed some light on things and further your understanding
2016-4-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

scott3 Posted at 2016-4-6 19:17
Thanks for the info.  Turns out that it was my older iPad mini 2 that was the issue.  I switched t ...

You mean I typed all that for nothing?!?!??   Lol.    Just kidding

I currently use an iPad mini 2 with mine and I have no problems at all.    You may want to try to update iPad to latest firmware. If it is fully updated try backing it up and fully restoring it to factory thru iTunes.    You shouldn't have any issues with it at all.     
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-7 02:28

Good advice. And you can check red lines here: 图传质量.PNG
2016-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules