2335 7 2016-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did anyone tested the performance of these at low altitudes?
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

more tilted props... you will probably get less flight time and stability, but your drone will be more sensitive
2016-4-6
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-7 12:03
more tilted props... you will probably get less flight time and stability, but your drone will be mo ...

I guess there's not many of us flying really high to provide me with first hand experience ... Whatever, I just realized that this is S mount version of Inspire propellers, therefore replacement of advanced T version locks is required ... Step backward I'm not comfortable with for occasional 3000m altitude fly ... I was hoping to get Inspire motors to rotate slower (less frantic?) and provide more stable hovering and/or slow movements at low altitudes, even at the expense of shortened flying time. Confirmation of such behavior may justify the 1360S props install ...
2016-4-7
Use props
jurci2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866683 ft
Peru

dobmatt Posted at 2016-4-7 14:17
I guess there's not many of us flying really high to provide me with first hand experience ... Wha ...

Just realized the difference between Quick Release S and Quick Release T, just when I received them. If I'm correct we have three types of connectors (only aware of that now!). My Inspire has the T-version, which I prefer to keep. Any insight if there will be 1360T on the market soon, as I'll be flying at high altitudes on a regular base. With regular 1345T flying at 5500 meter above sea-level is a challenge!
2016-6-4
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>

jurci2 Posted at 2016-6-5 09:07
Just realized the difference between Quick Release S and Quick Release T, just when I received the ...

No, I think we are stuck with S version for now. BTW the S type prop holders are equally reliable, so if you're set to fly in thin air most of the time  ...
2016-6-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-4-7 15:17
I guess there's not many of us flying really high to provide me with first hand experience ... Wha ...

That is what Tim is stating.
2016-6-4
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

We flew on our last project in Blue River Canada Heli Skiing at 7000 ft up with regular props... No problem... Reason being is the high altitude props didnt arrive in time for the project... I did a test this morning in windy conditions and felt no immediate noticeable difference with high altitude props...   
2017-3-25
Use props
Jurci
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866683 ft
Peru

I use the 1360T's quite often, regularly flying at around 5000 meters (approx. 16500 ft.). 1360'are advised above 3000 meters (=1000ft). It does make a difference in uplift (and preventing 'max rotor speed reached etc.). At these heights, the additional power is needed, especially with windy conditions between the mountains ridges.
Yes, batteries certainly drain faster (also because of the cold at those altitudes by the way. A few times I forget to switch back to 1345's when back at sea-level. Very responsive (too much in my opinion) and your flight time will be reduced indeed).
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules