Cold weather
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clala
lvl.1

Canada

Anybody have any suggestions for keeping batteries warm. Had cold battery warning.  Any help appreciated
2016-4-6
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Keep the battery inside your jacket until just before you fly.  Or,  carry in a well insulated cooler or thermal bag before you leave your home.

2016-4-6
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I use a couple of chemical hand warmers & keep them all wrapped in a woolly hat.  Once the aircraft is hovering, let the batteries warm to 20 degrees or more before flying off.
2016-4-6
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

In cold weather, I travel to the location with batteries in the footwell of the car (passenger side) and have the heater blowing on them.  On arrival, set up quickly, batteries straight in and up she goes.  If the take-off point is far from the car then into my jacket for some body heat.
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-7 11:25
Keep the battery inside your jacket until just before you fly.  Or,  carry in a well insulated coole ...

Warm jacket seems a good idea
2016-4-7
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Agree with other posts here; I have kept mine in the pockets of my fleece jacket worn under the outer shell parka (more body heat). Just another thought, don't forget about condensation risks moving from the cold back into warm surroundings...
Have fun!
2016-4-7
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-7 16:50
Warm jacket seems a good idea

Yes, I also put the battery inside my jacket.
2016-4-7
Use props
clala
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks to all. Good ideas. Happy flying
2016-4-7
Use props
jennyalexendera
New

Pakistan

Hey there! Sorry to hear about the cold battery issue. A simple trick is to insulate the batteries with some foam or bubble wrap. Also, consider using a spider pink hoodie to keep them cozy. It acts as a cute and effective insulation layer. Stay warm, and hope your batteries do too!
1-18 05:58
Use props
Amyjulia
New

Pakistan

Hey there! To keep your batteries warm in cold weather, consider using insulated covers or blankets. Additionally, try storing them in an insulated container or keeping them close to your body to benefit from your natural warmth. Stay cozy and rock that Pink Spider Hoodie for an extra layer of warmth!
2-4 11:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules