amazon vs dji online store
3066 13 2015-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrianmizzi1983
lvl.2

Malta

I am based in Malta, europe, and these are my two top options...  I have heard some complaints about dji s online store.   But it feels awkward not buying from dji directly..  So, amazon vs dji online store?
2015-1-13
Use props
isaiahbrock7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

Great question,

Amazon usually has faster shipping and most likely better customer service then DJI store.

DJI store can off special deals for certain products, you will get credit if you refer a friend from the product(s) you bought, slower shipping (this depends where you live and how close you are to the nearest retailer)

I don't know everything but this what i know. It doesn't matter where you bye the product from, you will still get the exact same product from whoever you ordered from.
2015-1-13
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I buy everything I can from Amazon. The prices are usually a little better and shipping is free on most items.
2015-1-13
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i would buy from a guy off the street instead of dji directly.  just look at this website and both the functionality of it (and the posts that their 'staff' make here).  ALL interaction that ive had with them from a customer service standpoint wouldnt stand up to most customer service standards here in the US.  buy from a reseller, as they typically CARE about your service level.  amazon FOR SURE would have better customer service than dji directly.
2015-1-13
Use props
adrianmizzi1983
lvl.2

Malta

The more i think about it the more appealing amazon sounds. But still awkward cause it shouldnt be that way..   Used amazon plenty times and always extremely happy.. I would probably have to pay extra shipping to malta so that may be another deciding factor aswell since dji offers free shipping to malta... So you dont think dji would have updated stock compared to retailers like amazon?
2015-1-13
Use props
knarfboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If you buy a copter, no shiping fee from DJI store.

In case you order from dji store, you have a better chance you get the newest hardware revision. Ak the new v2.1 ESC's as a sample.
2015-1-13
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

I ordered mine through Amazon last week and made sure it said Phantom 2 Vision+ V. 3.0 with the updated controller. I have not checked but since that is the latest one out it should have the new ESCs
2015-1-13
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

I ordered mine from amazon.  The V2 showed up and I sent it back and got my V3.  No hassle.  They even sent it next day before I had sent the older version back.
2015-1-13
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

adrianmizzi1983, on other forums, I saw a few people recently bought directly from DJI and got the older ESCs. So, it's a gamble either way I guess. It seems opening the Phantom is the only way to confirm you have 2.1 ESCs.
2015-1-13
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Amazon, easy ship, easy return!
2015-1-13
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

Amazon would be my first pick then ebay. I have had great luck with both only two issues buying on ebay and it was fixed pretty fast by ebay.
2015-1-13
Use props
adrianmizzi1983
lvl.2

Malta

I guess emailing DJI to ensure you get the latest versions and esc's wont work as correspondence wont be tied to a specific order.. :/   hhmmm
2015-1-14
Use props
djiuser_SN9okvi
New
Flight distance : 70108 ft
United States

I thought ordering from dji would ensure getting an authorized product and I wouldn't have an issue with warranty. They were also offering four hour delivery in my area. However it turns out that they take several days to confirm the credit card payment so it is going to be several days plus 4 hours for delivery. Who takes days to authorize a credit card payment?   I should have bought from Amazon.
2017-8-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Credit card approval should only take a few seconds.   I would question that.
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules