Phantom 4 Firmware Release Note (v1.1.301)
34844 296 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danny2014
lvl.1

Germany

Sorry here comes part two. With a mac it didn't work at all. I had to use vitriol machine. Flying experience is worse. Light bridge looses sync very often.  Before I had no issues. Downgraded to the last version .
2016-4-10
Use props
danny2014
lvl.1

Germany

Update didn't work at the Mac. Flying experience is it worse.  Display stucks. So finally I downgraded the version  
2016-4-10
Use props
danny2014
lvl.1

Germany

Seems the app doesn't work so fine as well
2016-4-10
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 11:12
Glad your up and running,

Hey Ken, Every Phantom 4 update has gone very smoothly and no issues at all. I really like what DJI has done with the process, no muss, no fuss.
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

rodger Posted at 2016-4-10 21:01
Hey Ken, Every Phantom 4 update has gone very smoothly and no issues at all. I really like what DJ ...

It really is much easier to update without all the BIN file stuff. Some tweaks will be done to the process and it will soon be easy for everyone.
2016-4-10
Use props
doug6
New

United States

julian_hancock@ Posted at 2016-4-8 14:25
Well I updated my controller, But I have not been able to connect to my P4 directly through USB. the ...

I have this same issue. From Iphone 6s+ and Iphone 6.  The Ios device does not see the Aircraft.
2016-4-10
Use props
barryo1404
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

sheild k1 tablet 20min all updated no problems
2016-4-10
Use props
royjpike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26027 ft
United Kingdom

nanu Posted at 2016-4-7 21:14
So after struggling for 3 hours I now have an aircraft that has a video link that drops out on the g ...

I agree my GPS reception is terrible now!
2016-4-10
Use props
stussyredhat
lvl.1

United States

I did successfully update with a mac the first time. I have found that the assistant app does not work very quickly. If you turn on the craft and then launch the app on the mac and plug it in and wait for the firmware page to load, then click update and just let it go it will upgrade just fine. I then ejected the craft and shut it down and started it back up and connected the RC and it asked to upgrade the RC. I had to do this twice, it seems there may be a two step process to this step as the version changed twice on my RC. As far as the video not displaying I had the same issue with a iPhone and iPad mini, to fix this problem I manually selected the video channel and everything worked just fine.
2016-4-10
Use props
royjpike
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-8 03:20
lol so here I am testing the P4 lol, flew the bird on Tuesday after doing all the updates, it looke ...

Wish i'd never updated the firmware, used to get 13 - 14 satellites now struggle to get 6-7!
2016-4-10
Use props
mika2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655732 ft
Germany

mika2 Posted at 2016-4-9 21:47
After a shutdown caused by a power loss (I needed to leave for an hour) and recharging the P4 does ...

The P4 update seemed to be installed fine, which I found after a couple of P4 and RC resets. Problem solved ... somehow.
2016-4-10
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

Afte the update I have noticed my P4 loses signal a lot easier this includes video feed the most also. Hopefully "DJI" dropps a better update and ASAP.
2016-4-10
Use props
royjpike
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So I downgraded the software on the remote control and the P4 and now GPS gone from 6-7 back to 14-16 which is what it was before I upgraded to the latest firmware. The fpv video signal seems a lot better as well.
2016-4-10
Use props
royjpike
lvl.1
United Kingdom

To balance things out and I know we are all complaining about the firmware update, I personally am well impressed with the p4 and think we should be giving credit where credits due to DJI for developing such a fantastic product. There's always going to be teething problems with such a new and sophisticated product. Also masses of credit to DJI-Ken for all his work trying to calm things down over the weekend until the technicians could have a chance to look at the problems this week.
2016-4-10
Use props
jordiocm
lvl.1

Spain

Yes sure but is and expensive gadget and i need to work and need segurity for fly
2016-4-11
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

royjpike Posted at 2016-4-11 08:31
To balance things out and I know we are all complaining about the firmware update, I personally am w ...

Roy I agree its a fantastic product that's not the issue, you seem to be missing the point, I have been with DJI since the Phantom 1, also had an Inspire, in every generation of its products there is always an issue with firmware and the way its released, people not able to update, firmware created more bugs, Seems like the department that writes the software does not check if it works, there clearly was an issue with this firmware and the way the update notification in the Assistant 2 and IOS app. When DJI launch a new product they make a fantastic job of marketing it but its the support afterwards that's at fault.

Never mind writing firmware in an office and upgrading it on the P4 sat on a desk, try and think about the end user, can the end user access the firmware remotely? does the Assistant 2 software connect to the DJI server and see the firmware?
2016-4-11
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-10 11:11
It really is much easier to update without all the BIN file stuff. Some tweaks will be done to the ...

Ken, the Assistant can use a little tweaking in regard to installation. It took a little exploring to lock into it for the first time.
2016-4-11
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-4-10 07:44
What's the altitude when the aircraft start to descends by it self? I've noticed the symptom mostl ...

For me it happens either above or below 10 meters. I am not only experiencing drop from forward flight but also when i fly right to left, in this case, the quad climbs by itself about the same distance it drops after break.  I posted a video on this thread already.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-4-11 19:46
Ken, the Assistant can use a little tweaking in regard to installation. It took a little exploring ...

I agree, and things will get shaken out.
2016-4-11
Use props
karlsbar
lvl.2

Germany

Update okay with my Note 4 can take a moment upgrade aka download firmware.
2016-4-11
Use props
bigmouth.kwok
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Seems there were so many problem in the update & many of us reported deteriorated performance after update, would dji consider withdraw this update till the FW fixed?
It happened before in Phantom 2 vision + & Phantom 3. I understand it is a very complicated FW but safety & stability of the performance is the number one priority. I think its better to have a stable FW before we can fly.
2016-4-11
Use props
BoyWithCamera
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Guys

I need to do the upgrade as well and failing miserably.
I upgraded my controller firmware a few days ago (through Dji Go app on my Iphone) but haven't touched the aircraft.
Today I am trying to upgrade  the aircraft through the Dji Assistant app (Mac) and while the firmware download works out, the actual upgrade keeps failing after a few seconds.
I read that its possible to upgrade the aircraft firmware through the DJI Go app on Ios devices ? but this doesn't work for me either, everytime I  tap on the firmware upgrade notification in the DJI Go software, nothing happens.

what can I do ? is there a manual way to just put the firmware on the SD card and upgrade somehow ??

thanks for the help.
2016-4-11
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-11 09:47
I agree, and things will get shaken out.

They always do
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bigmouth.kwok@g Posted at 2016-4-12 09:37
Seems there were so many problem in the update & many of us reported deteriorated performance after  ...

What deteriorated performance are you talking about?
I made a flight yesterday out over 5,000ft. I lowered the bitrate in the video transmission settings.And for dropping altitude, calibrate the sensors in the Assistant2.
2016-4-12
Use props
bigmouth.kwok
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-12 22:50
I made a flight yesterday out over 5,000ft. I  ...

I myself do not have problem because I haven't update my FW after reading all these post. But I did see some posts in this forum have GPS issue, distance issue & transmission issue. I understand some of them may not follow the instruction completely & caused the problem, but I remembered that when I updated my P4 for the first time on 16 March 2016 (I am the first batch buyer), it was very complicated & I have to try different sequence before I were able to do it. So I think sometime we may need to sit back & get things clear before we proceed if something wrong.  

This is my 3rd Phantom already. I love dji. It's easy to fly but the update process is not so "easy" this time.
2016-4-12
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

BoyWithCamera Posted at 2016-4-12 12:54
Hi Guys

I need to do the upgrade as well and failing miserably.

Have done the upgrade through an android device.
2016-4-12
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-12 10:50
I made a flight yesterday out over 5,000ft. I  ...

Ken,
Can you post a video of how did you managed to lower the bit rate? And one for the calibration? Looks like showing how is done via a tutorial would save lots of back and forth. I am terrified to update my copter and loose the strong video signal I have. So before I do that, I want to ensure that by updating the firmware to 1.1.3 won't degrade the signals. (This is what happened a year ago with my P3Pro after the first update, I lost signal all the time after that)

Please post the videos and a screen shot of the 5,000ft Go app flight.
Thanks,
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Topviewpics Posted at 2016-4-12 23:58
Ken,
Can you post a video of how did you managed to lower the bit rate? And one for the calibratio ...

I"ll post some screen shots. As far as calibration, that's done in the assistant2 software.
From the camera view tap the general settings icon (top right), then tap HD and that takes you into Image Transmission Settings, choose custom,  set the best channel and lower the bitrate to 4MBps. As you can see from the screenshot, there was still full bars on RC and video.
IMG_0259.PNG
IMG_0260.PNG
IMG_0261.PNG
IMG_0262.PNG
IMG_0263.PNG
IMG_0550.PNG
2016-4-12
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-12 12:53
I"ll post some screen shots. As far as calibration, that's done in the assistant2 software.
From t ...

Thanks, will try next time i experience loss of video signal.
As far as the calibration, do you think it can solve the height drop? It is the first time I read that.
Thanks again for your help,
2016-4-12
Use props
frank.dellaert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-12 18:53
From t ...

OK. But if I click on 'Custom' in the transmission settings, nothing happens. It seems I can not go into the cse custom settings ? Am I missing something ?
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Topviewpics Posted at 2016-4-13 01:12
Thanks, will try next time i experience loss of video signal.
As far as the calibration, do you th ...

If may help, if you are travelling fast and come to a stop (Sport or ATTI mode) then there is going to be a drop. When close to the ground height is measured by the sonar and it's pointing directly down when you are flying level. If you have a large angle on the aircraft then stop it changes the sonar sound wave return and you will see a drop or raise in altitude.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

frank.dellaert Posted at 2016-4-13 01:21
OK. But if I click on 'Custom' in the transmission settings, nothing happens. It seems I can not g ...

When you press CUSTOM, is the outline not turning blue and the AUTO is still blue outlined.
When you press CUSTOM, it should be outlined blue and the select channel and transmission quality selections should show up.
Please post a screen shot.
Also, your scrolling down to the bottom of the page correct?
2016-4-12
Use props
frank.dellaert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-12 19:44
When you press CUSTOM, is the outline not turning blue and the AUTO is still blue outlined.
When y ...

Ken,

Thanks for your reply.
The problem is indeed that the 'Auto' field stays blue and clicking once or ten or ha hundred tiles on the 'Custom' field doesn't change its color and the extra settings dialogs do not appear.
Can it be that it has something to do with the fact that I'm in Europe ?

Sorry, don't know (yet) how to post a picture here
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

frank.dellaert Posted at 2016-4-13 02:05
Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

No problem, clicking the Advanced tab lets you post a photo.
Can you sync your records and delete/reinstall the app and it should work.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-13 02:54
No problem, clicking the Advanced tab lets you post a photo.
Can you sync your records and delete/ ...

Ahh, yes. I just saw that you are in Europe.
That is why you are not able to.
BUT, there are solutions out there but I cannot advise you how to do it.
2016-4-12
Use props
frank.dellaert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

mariusz@lbh.pl Posted at 2016-4-12 21:27
Hi, with my dji go app I cannot set custom - the button is disabled - only auto is selected and I n ...

OK, can you tell me where I can find that "secret" solution ?
2016-4-12
Use props
frank.dellaert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-12 21:00
Ahh, yes. I just saw that you are in Europe.
That is why you are not able to.
BUT, there are solut ...

Ok, found the solution now but it doesn't make a difference: under the new firmware my P4 doesn't go further than 500 m at max no matter which channel I choose or what bitrate of transmission i have set.
And then again,  a few days ago, the P4 ONCE seemed to act normally with more or less normal range etc.
When do we get the next firmware update ?
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

frank.dellaert Posted at 2016-4-13 03:59
OK, can you tell me where I can find that "secret" solution ?

To be able to select custom and choose channels and bitrate is only available if you are in FCC mode. In CE mode you cannot. DJI cannot advise a work around. you need to find it on your own.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

frank.dellaert Posted at 2016-4-13 18:44
Ok, found the solution now but it doesn't make a difference: under the new firmware my P4 doesn't  ...

Are you talking about the P4 stops at 500m or the signal gets weak at 500m. If you say the P4 doesn't go further than 500 miles this doesn't have anything to do with the video transmission bitrate.
You probably have "ENABLE MAXIMUM DISTANCE' on in your MC settings.
Check that and let me know.
2016-4-13
Use props
frank.dellaert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-13 16:58
Are you talking about the P4 stops at 500m or the signal gets weak at 500m. If you say the P4 does ...

Thanks Ken.
No, I'm aware of the height limitation. I was (and still am) a P3 user for a longer time.
Fact is that it won't go any further away from me in plain field then 500 or 600 meters however I position the antenna's. Going straight up with the antenna's almost horizontal I can reach 250 or 300 m and then the "RC Signal Weak" warning comes up and the RC switches continuously between 2 and all bars untill finally "Aircraft Disconnected" comes up and the RTH is initialized.
I have loads of pictures taken from 500 m high and others at a 'normal' height but from 1500 m far with my P3 and my P4. Just now it doesn't seem to work anymore.
Strangest of all is that ONE day last week I could go like anywhere without my RC or HD bars changing at all. So I thought: problem solved but after that one flight the range is very much diminished again, even with bitrate at 4 and custom channel. Is it the encryption change ? Could that be ?
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules