Phantom 4 Firmware Release Note (v1.1.301)
34931 296 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cctigerfan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12457 ft
United States

Successfully updated the P4 using DJI Assistant2 v1.0.2, received the "Update Successful" message.  Successfully updated the RC from within the DJI Go app.  HOWEVER, now when connecting the P4 to Assistant2, the firmware list does not populate.  The spinning cursor just spins forever.  So, there is no way to verify the current FW in the P4, nor is there any ability to upgrade, downgrade, refresh, etc.  I've tried this with 3 different PCs, all are doing the same thing.  According to the RC, the firmware is up to date for everything, but is it really safe to fly???
2016-4-13
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 01:17
If your RC is on the latest 1.6 firmware and you cannot get the P3 to update through the app then  ...

Perfect!, thanks Ken!
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

cegio Posted at 2016-4-15 17:19
Perfect!, thanks Ken!

No problem at all
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

frank.dellaert Posted at 2016-4-13 23:54
Thanks Ken.
No, I'm aware of the height limitation. I was (and still am) a P3 user for a longer ti ...

Ok, I thought you meant the aircraft stops at 500m and will not travel further.
Watch this video on antenna orientation and it may help.
Also, here is the link for EU support and you may want to send the aircraft in for repair. You can just copy all your verbiage posted here and include it in the ticket.
http://www.dji.com/support

2016-4-15
Use props
breakbeat
New

United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-4-7 14:01
If you have updated the controller before the craft you will need to update the craft via the Assist ...

THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM A 2 HOUR HEADACHE !!
2016-4-15
Use props
vitalityfilms
New

United States

I've tried for several days now to upgrade with no luck, following all advice in the forum along the way. I've also tried downgrading, which also fails on the aircraft (RC can go up/down between 1.58 and 1.60 fine).

I went through the standard P4 upgrade process through DJI GO app, but as it was updating the aircraft it continually fails after it says to 'unplug and re-plug data cable' with an 'Update Failed' message. I've tried from both ipad and iphone as well as DJI Assistant App, and have re-installed GO app.

After several attempts, even though it said 'Update Failed' after 99% every time, it finally showed the right version in the About->Version on the app. I updated the radio at that point without a problem, and lights on both show that they are linked and I can even start the motors. However, the app shows 'No Signal' as well as 'Gimbal Disconnected'.

I've tried re-applying the upgrade several times by holding down the 'Academy' button in the upper right of DJI GO home screen but get the 'Upgrade Failed' after 99% every time. I've even tried downgrading both RC and Aircraft firmware - RC downgrades fine, but same 'Upgrade Failed' on Aircraft.

So, I'm stuck with a seemingly half-upgraded machine that doesn't show any video, 'No Signal' and 'Gimbal Disconnected'. Anyone else have similar issues even after trying the fix some people have reported of re-installing the GO app?

Here's a link to all of the screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4fwbc ... YUZB_SKzSC2gBa?dl=0

Thanks for the help!
2016-4-18
Use props
duncan
New
Flight distance : 12969 ft
United Kingdom

vitalityfilms Posted at 2016-4-18 18:24
I've tried for several days now to upgrade with no luck, following all advice in the forum along the ...

I have spent two days at this and still have a Phantom 4 paper weight !

I tried the firmware upgrade and like many it hasn't worked.

I now show app version 2.7.2 but the Aircraft, RC and even the Flight Controller Serial Numbers are blank.

I cant connect to the P4 and when I switch the P4 I get a constant one bar green flashing light.

I can't connect to the DJI Assistant2 it won't recognise the P4 thats on a PC and a Macbook.

What the hell do I do. Am I in my rights to send the whole thing back to DJI ? It cost £1300 for god sake and it doesn't work ! The Help desk were totally useless andI am based in Scotland and I am buggered if I am calling the United States or Germany for help, that would cost as much as the P4 !

Can someone provide a video of the controller down grade ?

Please help I am so desperate and really fed up !

Cheers
2016-4-18
Use props
karlsbar
lvl.2

Germany

No Problem on Android Note 4 ,first update P4 fails second ready,RC was ready at first touch update.
greets
Gimbal Horizont is not best hope on next update.
bird fly good round about 30km
2016-4-18
Use props
ge.emonet
New

France

aidovicius.b Posted at 2016-4-7 13:33
Don't update!!! , after update display signal lost, and you can't take off

so what can be done!!!!!
please
2016-5-7
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

vitalityfilms Posted at 2016-4-18 13:24
I've tried for several days now to upgrade with no luck, following all advice in the forum along the ...

ummm..The P4 FW updates are NOT done through the DJI Go App. You need to download DJI Assistant V2 onto a PC or Mac and plug your aircraft into your computer and update the FW through DJI Assistant V2. They changed the process for the P4. Try that and you should be fine.
2016-5-7
Use props
kevinostaj
New

United States

Please help,

I was upgrading firmware using DJI Assistant and when it hit 100% it said that upgrade failed, "please try to reboot", I did and now it went back to firmware list and it says cannot load firmware list....

Please help, thank you

2016-5-10
Use props
pavel
New

Ukraine

My RC was upgraded Before phantom, so now I can't use dji go to upgrade phantom.
Of course I tried assistant app many times on different platforms (mac os and windows) but result the same - failed to upgrade.
And of course I tried to downgrade my RC but it says that firmware can't be determined or something like this.
Tried many combinations, but it's not working!!!
So now I have expensive piece of plastic and metal. I don't have DJI support in my country (Ukraine).
What should I do with this, DJI?
Could you please FIX you software quickly and allow me to use your product that I even didn't try at least once.. wtf
2016-5-12
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pavel@grudina.i Posted at 2016-5-13 05:28
My RC was upgraded Before phantom, so now I can't use dji go to upgrade phantom.
Of course I tried  ...

Have a full read of pages 4&5, you will find the fix you need to do

Is you issue the same as the video I posted on page 4
2016-5-12
Use props
pavel
New

Ukraine

Exib Posted at 2016-5-13 10:51
Have a full read of pages 4&5, you will find the fix you need to do

Is you issue the same as the  ...

Thanks I read all pages and tried many many variants..
Seems like assistant app can't download firmware so I tried different internet providers, different vps/proxies (maybe some dji server mirrors for some countries are better, etc) but everything without any luck
It's 100% a PROBLEM that Should be fixed by DJI, but they just ignore it and give same manual that doesn't really help.

Main issues is that RC upgraded first and then you can't use DJI Go app.
For this case they advice to downgrade RC firmware but it doesn't work for many people (tried 3 iOS devices and one Android)
Another option is to upgrade via assistant app. Tried two mac os laptops and one windows (again with many different internet connetions, etc) - after ages of waiting while it download firmware I see upgrade failed.

So.. after sleepless night (because I just bought this piece of sh*** and want to use it now!) I did this. I upgraded phantom firmware without RC firmware downgrade.
How I did this? I don't even know.. luck? fu***g random!

I turned on RC + connected dji go app, turned on phantom 4 (did this many many times before)
Played with academy icon hoping it will allow me to downgrade but without success.
And suddenly It said that I should upgrade phantom firmware and offer me to download firmware, omg.
I don't know how it's possible, because it still says 'rc signal lost', but of course I started to download firmware..
No, it's not the end ))) It stops on 25% and says 'downloading paused, plese try again' or something like this. Then I just click 'Continue downloading' from time to time for about 1-1.5 hour and yes, finally download was finished!
Then I connected my ios device to phantom using micro usb to usb female cable and upgraded my dji phantom 4 successfully.

OMG what a lovely random behavior!?!

DJI - please fix this.
2016-5-13
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pavel@grudina.i Posted at 2016-5-13 10:11
Thanks  I read all pages and tried many many variants..
Seems like assistant app can't download ...

DJI-Ken needs to help you I think
2016-5-13
Use props
jschonhoft
New

United States

ahoj Posted at 2016-4-7 17:13
No fix for the gimbal issues (Failing calibration and tilted horizon)?

Mine is tilting too! Even if I adjust the gimbal roll it still ends up tilted. I also cannot update to the latest firmware. Is this common for DJI drones? This is my first one and it's annoying.
2016-6-16
Use props
ronchard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118550 ft
Australia

Love learning too fly phantom 4 Thank DJI
2016-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules