Phantom 4 Firmware Release Note (v1.1.301)
34959 296 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Good firmware update. Flies rock solid.
2016-4-7
Use props
nanu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So after struggling for 3 hours I now have an aircraft that has a video link that drops out on the ground and won't reconnect the signal is that poor. GPS reception also appears to be massively degraded, this upgrade has been a nightmare and turned a great aircraft into one I have no confidence in.
2016-4-7
Use props
carlodurso
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-7 20:08
You can also downgrade the RC to 1.5.8 by going to the main page and holding down the Academy secti ...

This has actually worked for me as of April 2016. By holding the academy button for 5 seconds I was presented with a screen to upgrade the aircraft. I connected the tablet to the aircraft and performed the upgrade successfully.
2016-4-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated P4 firmware first via DJI assist2 on a PC, then updated RC this was completed on an iPhone 6s Plus (IOS 9.3.1) running DJI GO 2.7.1. All updated and basic functionality tested. Will get a chance to fly tomorrow hopefully.
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

nanu Posted at 2016-4-8 04:14
So after struggling for 3 hours I now have an aircraft that has a video link that drops out on the g ...

Can you please post a video clip of the issue you are experiencing and I can help you.
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-8 04:42
Updated P4 firmware first via DJI assist2 on a PC, then updated RC this was completed on an iPhone 6 ...

Yup, you are good to go.
2016-4-7
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Just flew with the new Firmware. My downloaded for offline use map wouldn't come up for the first time ever. That's the only problem I ran into, but it's never happened to me before, because i download my maps beforehand.
2016-4-7
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1974501 ft
  • >>>
United States

connorschulte Posted at 2016-4-7 21:52
So I assume iOS users have to wait for the app update?

No. Look at line #31 by Mad_Angler1. He posted a step by step screenshot of how to update the iOS app. Very simple. Going to the App Store via iOS doesn't let you update the app that way. Follow the screenshots that Mad_Angler1 posted and you should be fine from there. Good luck!
2016-4-7
Use props
aje
lvl.1
Norway

I updated my p4 from the dji assistant and the rc from my android device, Worked great, now i just have to wait untill tomorrow to test the gimbal.
2016-4-7
Use props
nanu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-7 21:49
Can you please post a video clip of the issue you are experiencing and I can help you.

Have to wait until tomorrow - I've Benin at this for 6 hours and it's now 1.30am. ZZZZzzz
2016-4-7
Use props
nanu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Will do tomorrow. It would appear the the update has installed (eventually!) but the video is still dropping out even when 6 feet from the controller.
2016-4-7
Use props
Eye in the Sky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25046 ft
United States

nanu Posted at 2016-4-7 20:23
Have to wait until tomorrow - I've Benin at this for 6 hours and it's now 1.30am. ZZZZzzz

All updated "text book" style...  No issues - flew in about 45min...

All good to go....
2016-4-7
Use props
nanu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Will do tomorrow. It would appear the the update has installed (eventually!) but the video is still dropping out even when 6 feet from the controller.
2016-4-7
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-7 07:20
I know where you aquired that animation....http://forum.dji.com/thread-47522-1-1.html

It's great!
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nanu Posted at 2016-4-8 08:32
Will do tomorrow. It would appear the the update has installed (eventually!) but the video is stil ...

Ok, just reply to my post when you post and I'll check it out.
2016-4-7
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Looks like people are having some major issues with this. Won't be updating this weekend as I'll be needing the AirCraft.
2016-4-7
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-7
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135787 ft
United States

Update went fine for me. I opened the DJI Assistant on my PC. I connected the P4 using the USB cable. Assistant notified me of the update. I clicked "yes" several times and it started the download. It advised that it would take 15 minutes. It was done in 6 minutes. I rebooted the P4 again. I synced my flight data from the Go app on my iPad.  Then I deleted the app from my iPad. I connected the iPad to the controller and turned on the controller. It notified that I needed to download the Go app from the store. I did that and then opened the Go app. I tapped on the camera and it notified me that the RC needed an update. The update took about 4 minutes. I rebooted the RC and my iPad just to be sure. Finally I powered on the RC, then the iPad and last the P4. Everything connected fine and the correct versions of firmware were verified. I'll fly it tomorrow or Saturday. Everything looks good.

Bob
2016-4-7
Use props
gmyers001
lvl.1

United States

If I updated the aircraft with the 2.7.1 app. What kind of issues may I encounter?  When it was finished updating it flashed a screen 100%  complete and then returned to a 99% screen and stayed that way.
2016-4-7
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

The updates are optional, right? I have a trip next week and I like the way my P4 is flying with the current firmware so I don't want to screw it up. I can tackle the update when I get back in two weeks.
2016-4-7
Use props
ahoj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462690 ft
Sweden

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-7 21:51
I was thinking the same thing, but if you look, that issue was only reported on this forum less th ...

Actually it seems they have fixed the failing gimbal calibration issue, mine calibrated multiple times in a row without failing once. Last week I was told by the EU-support there was a firmware coming very soon which should fix this, that's the reason i asked.
2016-4-7
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

As I posted on another thread, I remember when I first updated the P3 Pro firmware, it ruined the Video/RC signal on second Gen Firmware. Here I am, 1 year later, having to update my firmware for the P4 and REALLY worried that that too, will ruin my video signal which right now is perfect. I am flying on the same location as I flew the P3 Pro, but now I am getting a solid signal on the P4 where with the P3 was really bad and unreliable.

Can someone confirm if the latest update released 2 days ago (v1.1.301)is affecting the signals? How about the bobbing effect (=loss of altitude?)?????

Thanks
2016-4-8
Use props
Phantomas2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1204 ft

Did the Update first time flawlessly over the DJI Asisstant/PC;
the calibration process over the PC Software is a bit tricky and
a calm hand is needed to do this, but with a little patience
it'll  go successfully.

As already mentioned, the RC requires  the update over the DJI App;
after a restart both devices should successfully connect.

As a last action, an IMU/Compass Calibration should be performed.

Conclusion: Well done DJI - and happy but careful flying weekend @everyone
2016-4-8
Use props
sunakel24
New

Singapore

Updated. Yet to fly
2016-4-8
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-7 21:20
lol so here I am testing the P4 lol, flew the bird on Tuesday after doing all the updates, it looke ...

I would do the same thing as you but I sold my P3 for a P4.
2016-4-8
Use props
gwwilk
lvl.1
United States

The latest firmware update isn't present on the 'Downloads' area at this time, so I'm stuck with an updated RC and a bird that won't fly!  Is there any way to backlevel the controller?
2016-4-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-8
Use props
a.stewart78
New
Flight distance : 75151 ft
United States

aidovicius.b Posted at 2016-4-7 19:33
Don't update!!! , after update display signal lost, and you can't take off

Is it still doing it?
2016-4-8
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Success!
(I think. I haven't actually flown it yet, but the motors armed without props on and all looks good.)

Samsung S6 (SM-G920R4) running Android version 6.0.1. Updated application first. Then RC. Finally updated craft. Super smooth update.
To be clear, I updated the app on the phone. Powered everything up, and then updated the RC from the DJI Go App on the phone. After that, I powered everything up again. Then connected the phone to craft, and updated the crafts firmware from the phone. No issues at all, and everything looks great. I have not flown outside yet, however, I have powered up without props and everything looks good.
success.jpg
update success craft.jpg
app.jpg
2016-4-8
Use props
tanner.myers
lvl.1

United States

I'm having signal lost since the update. Any fix?
2016-4-8
Use props
tanner.myers
lvl.1

United States

aidovicius.b Posted at 2016-4-7 06:33
Don't update!!! , after update display signal lost, and you can't take off

I'm having the same issue with signal lost since the new firmware update. Is there any fixes for this?
2016-4-8
Use props
zavoodi
lvl.1

United States

Kind of a DJI cluster-funk, IMHO. On my iPad Air 2 using latest DJI Go app (freshly installed), connected to my remote, and was instructed to upgrade the remote. I did so successfully. No mention of the aircraft update, which I thought odd. Now, the lights on the craft blink yellow, and the app reports that it can't make a radio connection. I still see video. Rebooting craft, remote, app and reinstalling the app does not change the situation. No mention in the app of the bird needing an update. Clearly the update process on this release (at least on iOS) is horked.
Resorting to DJI Assistant 2 on Mac results in an "Upgrade Failed" message.

And, of course, I have a Phantom 4 that is grounded.
Screen 2016-04-08 at 12.11.18 PM.png
2016-4-8
Use props
camaromikem86
lvl.1

United States

RC signal lost after update. Won't allow take off. Anyone know what's going on?
2016-4-8
Use props
xsalmanx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2726519 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upon opening the app, it only prompted me to update the RC. After updating the RC, it kept giving me a Signal Lost, so I downgraded the controller back to 1.5.8.

Interesting that neither the RC, nor the craft update is showing up anymore. I'm assuming DJI has pulled both.

Now when I go to the About section, the RC says "Version Unknown"
2016-4-8
Use props
richbaugh
New

United States

I am brand new to Drones.  Got a P4 last week and have been able to fly it a couple of days when the winds weren't too bad.  Seems to be working very well and I'm getting more and more used to it.  Yesterday, I noticed it said I needed to upgrade the firmware.  Tried to do this on the DJI Go App on my Ipad but it wouldn't work.  The RC updated but I couldn't get the RC and P4 to connect and couldn't upgrade the P4.  I downgraded back to previous RC firmware and called DJI for help.  They said that I needed to use the DJI assistant on my computer to do these upgrades.  I have a Mac computer and after the download said it was 100% complete, it said Upgrade Failed.  It did this over and over.  After several reboots, I gave up. This whole process took 5-6 hours and was so frustrating.  Fortunately, when I went out and tested the P4, it still worked flawlessly with the old RC and P4 firmware.  

I have a couple of questions.

Is there an official step by step process from DJI for doing these updates and should it be done with the DJI Go App on my Ipad or the DJI assistant on my computer?  Following the prompts in the App and with the DJI assistant just didn't work for me.

Second, how necessary is this upgrade?  I need to use my P4 next week and am very concerned that I will get it partially upgraded and it won't work.  Is it normally best to wait a little while to upgrade firmware?

2016-4-8
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2471076 ft
United States

zavoodi Posted at 2016-4-8 10:10
Kind of a DJI cluster-funk, IMHO. On my iPad Air 2 using latest DJI Go app (freshly installed), conn ...

I'd skip the DJI Assistant on the Mac. I couldn't get it to work on two different Macs.

I finally had success with the DJI GO app on my iPhone. I had to repeatedly hit the "Continue" button to keep downloading the firmware for the Phantom 4, but it did eventually work.

I do think the upgrade experience could be further refined!
2016-4-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-8
Use props
zavoodi
lvl.1

United States

Using the iOS app (which installed the controller update but not the craft update), I can NOT downgrade.  :@
IMG_6600.PNG
2016-4-8
Use props
Mdjgcl
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-7 09:57
If you experience a RC signal lost, delete and reinstall the app and you will be fine.

I've done Ken three times now.  I'm still getting the Rc error.  What do I do?
2016-4-8
Use props
zavoodi
lvl.1

United States

gamette Posted at 2016-4-9 00:38
I'd skip the DJI Assistant on the Mac. I couldn't get it to work on two different Macs.

I finally ...

Thanks, but I have no option in the DJI Go app to do anything regarding updating firmware...
2016-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules