Phantom 4 Firmware Release Note (v1.1.301)
34930 296 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattymoore82
New

United Kingdom

Did the update and now have rc signal loss displayed at the top of the screen. Can view the camera through the app but no RC. Someone please help me!
2016-4-8
Use props
mike.evangelist
lvl.1

United States

mattymoore82 Posted at 2016-4-8 15:31
Did the update and now have rc signal loss displayed at the top of the screen. Can view the camera t ...

What worked for me was to download the DJI Assistant application (for Mac or Windows) and use it to update the firmware of the aircraft. (you have to connect the aircraft to your computer via USB).
It took several tries to get the update to succeed.
2016-4-8
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 15:09
Thank you for the screenshot, the reason you have no signal is because your RC is updated but the  ...

I tried the graduation hat thing..  but it won't let me do anything..  See the screenshot.

If I press the download button, nothing happens because there is no way to select anything..
dji-firmware-failed.jpg
2016-4-8
Use props
rayguy.carter20
New

United States

carlodurso Posted at 2016-4-7 16:19
This has actually worked for me as of April 2016. By holding the academy button for 5 seconds I was ...

When I did this it displays a message "get firmware version failed" does anyone know how to downgrade the software on the rc a different way?
2016-4-8
Use props
rayguy.carter20
New

United States

gamette Posted at 2016-4-7 12:50
Has anyone successfully updated the firmware with DJI Assistant 1.0.2 on a Mac? Every time I try, I  ...

I did this same thing but the update notification does not show up anymore the overall status page shows "normal (latest firmware)" when I never successfully updated the p4
2016-4-8
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

rayguy.carter20 Posted at 2016-4-8 16:01
I did this same thing but the update notification does not show up anymore the overall status page ...

OK..  I finally fixed it  (whew).

As others have experienced, the controller upgraded OK, but the bird didn't.  Because of that, they could no longer communicate.  I was also unable to downgrade the controller using the 'graduation hat' method.

So, I went to my Windows desktop computer and installed DJI Assistant2 (Downloaded from the DJI site). https://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info

I connected the P4 directly to the computer via a USB cable.   DJI assistant recognized it, read the contents and then showed me which version of firmware I was running.  It also showed that there was an update.  I clicked on the update tab and it downloaded and installed the update directly to the drone.  (Note the controller doesn't take part in this, but for some reason, it has to be on for the update to work).

So now I'm fully updated and my controller and the P4 are talking with no problems.   I've attached an image of the DJI Assistant2 program showing what it displays when the P4 is attached and up to date.  With the previous firmware, the tab on the right said 'upgrade' rather than 'refresh'.

currentversion.jpg
2016-4-8
Use props
ifemedebe
New

All I just received my phantom 4 in the mail today. I tried updating the latest firmware and it says "update failed." Any recommendations on how I can correct this?
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-4-8 13:54
I tried the graduation hat thing..  but it won't let me do anything..  See the screenshot.

If I p ...

That is because you have the aircraft Powered up and that's why you can see the aircraft firmware update on your screen shot. How are the aircraft off and try again.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mjanzou@gmail.c Posted at 2016-4-9 04:26
Wow, now I dont feel so dumb having the 'RC upgrade first' issue before the P4...

I hope dji can t ...

Again I do not know if doing the RC first before the aircraft is a solution. At least that work for me. If it has worked that way for others please post your response that doing the RC first was able to get both done
2016-4-8
Use props
ifemedebe
New

It keeps saying update failed
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ifemedebe Posted at 2016-4-9 05:37
It keeps saying update failed

If you are using the app, please see the instructions I posted earlier in this thread about downgrading the RC to 1.5.8 then doing the firmware to the aircraft in the first and the RC second.
2016-4-8
Use props
waynekathy7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175492 ft
United States

mattymoore82 Posted at 2016-4-9 04:31
Did the update and now have rc signal loss displayed at the top of the screen. Can view the camera t ...

I am on my 2nd day with  my P4. I had a similar problems last night. I over looked the part about connecting the USB cable from the RC to the Drone. After I did that the update finished with out a hitch. Note I had both the RC's USB ports hooked up. USB to Lighting hooked to my IPad PRO 9.7, USB micro to the Drone using the supplied cable and adapter.
2016-4-8
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

gwwilk Posted at 2016-4-8 10:54
The latest firmware update isn't present on the 'Downloads' area at this time, so I'm stuck with an  ...

your supposed to always update the aircraft first, then the RC, probably for reasons like this.
2016-4-8
Use props
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 564039 ft
  • >>>

Hi,
This might sound stupid but i can't download the app for the phantom4 from the DJI site and in the app store i can't find it.
Can someone please point me into the right direction?
2016-4-8
Use props
skippydonovan
lvl.1

Australia

Same. Lost signal. Can see camera but says no signal. Can I reinstall earlier version. It worked perfectly
2016-4-8
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Checking in again after test flight. No problems, no abnormalities. Successful short flight, about 400 feet high, not too far distance wise (very windy today).

Samsung S6 (SM-G920R4) running Android version 6.0.1.
App version 2.7.2
Camera drone FW version 01.01.0301
Remote Controller FW version 1.6.0

I actually installed the Remote Controller firmware update first (via the newest version app on Android) because it showed up first. I hadn't read the many suggestions advising doing it in the opposite order. After update the RC, I updated the craft (again via the Go app on the Samsung S6). Everything went smooth as silk, and with a successful first flight, I am very tempted to say all is good. I know others are having problems and I am sorry. In no way do I think any of your problems are caused by anything any of you did. I just want to report my successful results using one of an infinite number of methods of updating.
I guess I will add that I am on Mac OS 10.11.4, but I haven't really used the DJI Assistant app (except once to check it out), so it doesn't really make any difference as far as the update is concerned. Even though I had a slightly rocky time with the firmware update via android phone the first time out of the the box (I got stuck at 99% on the craft update - power cycling fixed it, but was terrifying), I was pretty much hooked - as that was one of the most painless firmware updates I have ever been a part of.
2016-4-8
Use props
skippydonovan
lvl.1

Australia

Info@caruanapho Posted at 2016-4-7 22:03
same here signal lost, and you can't take off, yes remote updated too. downgraded to previous firmwa ...

How do you downgrade to previous versions
2016-4-8
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 14:57
Again, for users that do not want to update, you are free not to.

DJI-Ken,

Can you confirm if the newest update solves the following:

1 - Quad drops in height when stopped from forward movement (It has been experienced in many threads in this forum)
2 - Can you turn off VPS so you can fly below 10m over water?

Thanks
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Topviewpics Posted at 2016-4-9 07:33
DJI-Ken,

Can you confirm if the newest update solves the following:

It will drop or rise some from going from fast-forward to a stop. That's just how the sonar works when you are at extreme angles and then go to level flat again.
And VPS Is the same as before.
2016-4-8
Use props
cg.godd
lvl.2
  • >>>

I'm so sick of this company...I wish I never bought this thing. Half the time the compass will calibrate and fly now with the new firmware upgrade I either don't have video or no RC signal. What a joke
2016-4-8
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 19:41
It will draw or rise some from going from fast-forward to a stop. That's just how the sonar worksw ...

Ken,
Thanks for your reply but I think the answer was not clear.

1 - My P4 drops height even when I am flying sideways with the back facing me. My p3 did not do that in any orientation, and now I am thinking maybe b/c my VPS was always off, so no sonar was activated.

2 - I did not see an answer. I was hoping for a YES or NO + Why
Is VPS able to be on or off or this firmware update ignored that request from lots of frustrated users? Do you know if DJI is at least considering it?
2016-4-8
Use props
colinfichman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8621595 ft
  • >>>
United States

zavoodi Posted at 2016-4-8 13:29
JCK, I am in same boat as you. Finally, I figured out that to downgrade the firmware in your RC, y ...

Thank you!  That did the trick for me!
2016-4-8
Use props
Theresa Strange
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168330 ft
United States

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-4-7 15:01
Good firmware update. Flies rock solid.

Rock solid update here too. No problems. Don't forget to reboot (cycle the power) on your RC after firmware update. The aircraft reboots after update automatically. Make sure you don't interrupt the process.

I am using an iOS 9.3.1 device with the DJI GO app to update. Check iTunes app store for latest update on DJI GO version. It will tell you if a later version is available.

2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.2
United States

I finally got both to update using iPad Go app. I did the same thing I did a dozen times earlier and for no good reason it finally worked . Most pathetic firmware upgrade system I've ever seen.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Topviewpics Posted at 2016-4-9 08:08
Ken,
Thanks for your reply but I think the answer was not clear.

I am sorry and I edited the post.  If you can post a video showing the drop you are experiencing in normal slow flight I will have the technicians look at it.
2016-4-8
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft

Upgrade successful via Go app.
I had 2 failed attempts where it just sat there trying to download.
I was just about to try for a 3rd time when my wife came out and asked me to reboot the router because our Internet had been flakey for the last half hour or so. AARRGGH!
I then disabled WiFi on my phone and tried again via 4G and it worked like a champ.
I hate my cable company. :@

2016-4-8
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 14:36
Again I do not know if doing the RC first before the aircraft is a solution. At least that work fo ...

Not to confuse the issue but it appears that the folks who updated their RC first had the inability to update the P4 directly (whether from IOS or android) device afterwards suggesting that the RC cant communicate with the P4 afterwards...

Just an observation but arent you supposed to directly connect your mobile device to the P4 and update its firmware via the go app?

If true, why would the RC care if it could communicate or not, you gotta direct connect to the P4 from your mobile device(which has the firmware locally) at that time.

really makes little sense to me.....

just my 2 cents but the update process has had a disturbing failure rate and what can dji do to insure the update process is bulletproof on their end.

2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mjanzou@gmail.c Posted at 2016-4-9 11:37
Not to confuse the issue but it appears that the folks who updated their RC first had the inabilit ...

Yes that is true, and again that's not the rule to update the aircraft first. For me, I upgraded the RC first then could not update the aircraft and I finally figured I'd try and downgrade the RC firmware and it was then able to update the aircraft.

For some reason it may be that when the tablet/phone is directly connected to the aircraft it somehow may know what the RC firmware is on and will not download or update the aircraft firmware.
I'm sure by Monday we will have more answers.
2016-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 14:36
Again I do not know if doing the RC first before the aircraft is a solution. At least that work fo ...

Ken

I just updated my P4 and the remote was the first thing I did. Then I installed the DJI Assistant2 onto my Windows PC running windows 10. I started the App Logged into my account and then connected the P4 using the USB cable provided by DJI in the box. It took a bit to connect to the server and bring up the list of updates and downgrades. I updated the P4 and the other new battery without any trouble.

Hope this helps

Rich
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That server needs some attention or they only have one server used for the firmware updates, might be time to get another
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-9 12:11
Ken

I just updated my P4 and the remote was the first thing I did. Then I installed the DJI Assis ...

Sounds good, yes it will work fine if you upgrade the RC first then the aircraft with the Assistant software.
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ken don't you sleep
2016-4-8
Use props
gswilder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18409 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turned on P4 and RC.
Started IOS app on Tablet.
Had messages to upgrade FW for P4 Aircraft and RC.

I upgraded P4 first, by downloading firmware via IOS app. (DJI Go app Home page)
After downloading FW, connected tablet to P4 via cable
Did FW upgrade on P4
Powered everything off.
Turned everything back on

Get the upgrade RC FW message
Downloaded and upgraded RC via IOS app
Powered everything off.
Turned everything back on

Everything seems fine. About box shows :
IOS App 2.7.1
Aircraft 01.01.0301
RC 1.6.0

Will do an IMU and Gimble calibration in the morning. Then will fly it tomorrow (weather permitting) and see if everything works ok. Looks like key is to upgrade P4 aircraft first before the RC.
2016-4-8
Use props
nanu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 01:53
Ok, just reply to my post when you post and I'll check it out.

Ok, software eventually updated - but the video signal is so unstable as to be unworkable. Signal drops out from less than ten feet?
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Exib Posted at 2016-4-9 14:03
Ken don't you sleep

Let's see, I started at 6am this morning and now it's 11:30pm and I've been in the forum off and on all evening, just a few more posts then I'm out.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nanu Posted at 2016-4-9 14:32
Ok, software eventually updated - but the video signal is so unstable as to be unworkable. Signal  ...

Can you please get a video clip of what the signal looks like, I'm sure we can figure it out.
2016-4-8
Use props
gioffa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 260381 ft
Italy

I maked update...
2016-4-8
Use props
gioffa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 260381 ft
Italy

I maked update
2016-4-8
Use props
nanu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 07:35
Can you please get a video clip of what the signal looks like, I'm sure we can figure it out.

Ken - looks like you've had a hard couple of days! Thanks for your presavereance and help. Having gone through that many fix its the bird seems to back to its old self.  Not sure If it made the difference but, changed the video back to Pal, dropped the rate to 1080, reformatted the SD card and got a solid signal. Don't know but it now appears to be working - I'll let you know how the test flight goes.
2016-4-8
Use props
mariusz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358392 ft
Poland

I'm Mac user, and on mac I cannot finish upgrade p4, but after downloading assistant 2 on windows virtual machie, I can finish upgrade process - everything works fine - but its raining so I cannot fly with it :/
2016-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules