First Week Footage with the DJI Phantom 2
1097 6 2015-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seabassfinn
lvl.1

United States

Hey,
I have had the DJI Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D gimbal for a week now, and am starting to collect footage for a reel. Here are a few shots from this first week, let me know what you think!

Thanks guys!
2015-1-13
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Very nice, I like the shots into the low sun with the haze.

Also very little fish-eye effect.  Are you using a narrow setting for the field of view or is that wide?  I have the Vision + camera and like the narrower FOV much better myself.
2015-1-13
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Looks great! I need to get out in the country to fly. Any golfers start looking around for a swarm of bees?  
2015-1-13
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice footage.  I'd like to know the gopro settings as well.  I've tried medium so far but not narrow yet, that will be today.
2015-1-14
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes, jamie, i like the narrower FOV as well as it avoids the fishbowl look.  However, after doing some testing and research, you do give up a bit there resolution-wise since the camera has a fixed focal length (essentially meaning that the camera is 'getting' the smaller FOV by 'zooming in' basically to create the more normal looking FOV).  i am no camera expert so i dont fully understand the caveats but from what i can tell there is technically a difference between the 85 FOV (with a fixed focal length) versus without.
2015-1-14
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Good footage here.  It's good to experiment with the settings and locations.  It's a about the photos and videos not flying around like a RC aircraft.  Great to see.
2015-1-14
Use props
seabassfinn
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replies guys! It was shot in both 2.7k wide as well as 1080p60 medium on the older GoPro Hero 3 Black.
2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules