[Solved] iPad Mini 2 DJI Go can not connect to drone
5864 23 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LiFan
lvl.1

Update:

The problem was solved by completely restoring iPad Mini 2 in iTunes instead of doing reset through the device. Now it connects just fine! Thanks DJI-Paladin!

------------------------------------

I bought an iPad Mini 2 to use with my Phantom 4, and I installed the DJI Go app on it, tried to connect the cable and turn on the RC and my Phantom 4, but the usual "Aircraft connected" message is not showing up, instead it's stuck at "How to Connect" button.

This does not happen on my iPhone 6 Plus, or my wifes iPhone 6s... which when plugged in, immeditely went to connect and into camera mode.

This is on the newest RC and Drone firmware that's being pushed today (4/7/2016)

Any solutions to this?

2016-4-7
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LiFan have you checked that the IPad Mini 2 can work with the P4, look athe the DJI web site is it under the compatible devices
2016-4-7
Use props
Li.F
lvl.1

Exib Posted at 2016-4-8 06:32
LiFan have you checked that the IPad Mini 2 can work with the P4, look athe the DJI web site is it u ...

According to Phantomhelp.com it supports iPad mini 2.. But I just bought an iPad Air 2, hope the Air 2 works...
2016-4-7
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.2

United States

I had a similar issue but after updating the iPad mini to IOS 9.3.1 everything worked.
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I'd suggest you to reset your mini 2 to factory via iTunes to try again if possible.
2016-4-7
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IPad Air 2 works great you will not have any issues
2016-4-7
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

I bought an iPad Mini 2 to go with my P4 also. It works fine.
2016-4-8
Use props
Li.F
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-8 10:05
Hello, I'd suggest you to reset your mini 2 to factory via iTunes to try again if possible.

Hi Paladin,

My iPad Mini 2 is running newest iOS 9.3.1, my DJI Go app is newest, and RC and Drone firmware were also from newest 4/7 firmware release. the app just wouldn't detect the rc and drone. See screen shot... Maybe a wide spread problem because I see other people on the forum pointing out the exact same issue with some other tablets.

Any solutions?
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Li.F Posted at 2016-4-8 22:29
Hi Paladin,

My iPad Mini 2 is running newest iOS 9.3.1, my DJI Go app is newest, and RC and Drone ...

I've read some case in the forum that some mini4 / air2 users who met the same issue reset their devices and finally worked.Give it a try to reset your mini2 via iTunes.
2016-4-8
Use props
Li.F
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-9 09:19
I've read some case in the forum that some mini4 / air2 users who met the same issue reset their d ...

I'm doing that right now, reset and restoring it through iTunes as the very last resort... Will update once complete.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Li.F Posted at 2016-4-9 09:47
I'm doing that right now, reset and restoring it through iTunes as the very last resort... Will up ...

OK hope it works.Don't forget to back up at first
2016-4-8
Use props
Li.F
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-9 09:19
I've read some case in the forum that some mini4 / air2 users who met the same issue reset their d ...

Happy to report... Resetting iPad Mini 2 in iTunes worked! Thanks Paladin!
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Li.F Posted at 2016-4-9 10:02

Glad to hear that! Enjoy your flight!
2016-4-8
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

I'm having problems with my Mini 2 but it's connecting and then losing its abilities in the air. Completely disconnecting in the air and then I have to load my iPhone because they works fine. I will try this iTunes method and hope it works!
2016-4-17
Use props
stephy.mwork
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122812 ft
India

Same Problem for me  Pls Give me a screenshot bro
2016-5-8
Use props
stephy.mwork
lvl.1
India

Li.F Posted at 2016-4-9 07:32

Same Problem for me  Pls Give me a screenshot bro
2016-5-8
Use props
stephy.mwork
lvl.1
India

How to reset  mini 2 to factory via iTunes
2016-5-8
Use props
stephy.mwork
lvl.1
India

Resetting iPad Mini 2 in iTunes worked! Thanks bro
2016-5-8
Use props
Li.F
lvl.1

stephy.mwork@ya Posted at 2016-5-9 13:51
Resetting iPad Mini 2 in iTunes worked! Thanks bro

glad it worked.. Just be careful not to do any major changes to the ipad, otherwise you have to reset in itunes again... I got really tired of this and bought an iPad Air 2 to replace my iPad mini 2.. So far no problems and no need of resetting.
2016-6-10
Use props
whatJR
New

How do you use cellular data from you iPhone to your iPad Mini?
Do I need to create a hot spot through my iphone?
Thanks,
JR
2016-8-8
Use props
hmistudios
New

Exib Posted at 2016-4-8 06:32
LiFan have you checked that the IPad Mini 2 can work with the P4, look athe the DJI web site is it u ...

Are you in Miami, FL?
2016-10-10
Use props
hmistudios
New

I need a partner to help me fly a phantom 4
2016-10-10
Use props
Silmi
New

Indonesia

Dear all,

I just want to check with you about how to connect the drone p3 or P4 pro to our Ipad, I have bought Ipad mini 2 Wi-fi . I have installed DJI go app. I have tried to turn on the RC, and drone and plug the cable to Ipad. the RC and drone can communicated, I can turn on the propeller and tilt up and down camera, the issue is the Ipad not showed anything. The message on screen the ipad said not connected. Do you know how to solve it?
2020-4-27
Use props
Silmi
New

Indonesia

Dear all,

I just want to check with you about how to connect the drone p3 or P4 pro to our Ipad, I have bought Ipad mini 2 Wi-fi . I have installed DJI go app. I have tried to turn on the RC, and drone and plug the cable to Ipad. the RC and drone can communicated, I can turn on the propeller and tilt up and down camera, the issue is the Ipad not showed anything. The message on screen the ipad said not connected. Do you know how to solve it?

2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules