Basics On Lightbridge and A2
5627 7 2015-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi All
I have been struggling with what should have been a straight forward setup but can not find the answers to my questions.

Basically i have a S900, Zenmuse GH3 and Lightbridge, first thing i found was the GH3 gimbla does not handle FD.... bugger.... ignoring that one for now.

From what ihave worked out if i want the telemetry data from the A2 onto the Lightbridge reciever i have to put the lightbridge into the X2 port meaning i have to run my transmitter through the light bridge as i can not put the Graupner PPM signal into the X2 port as it is used, again disapointing but i am over that one.

I have connected up my tx through the lightbridge to the A2 controller via the X2 port.... all works or so i thought, i can not map any more than 8 channels off my transmitter.

Is this true, i can find very little details on mapping channels on the A2 i.e d1 to 4 and does any one know what the K ports on the assistant are as again i can find no info.
In the assistant software if i click online help i just get a blank page.

1. So in a nutshell can the Lightbrige masp more than 8 control channels ( need these for the Zenmuse GH3 Gimbal)
2. does the mapping of the D1 to D4 ports on the assistant correlate to the outputs avaialable on the A2?
3. what are the K ports in the assistant software for and can i use them?

any answeres would really be appreciated, i chose all DJI kit as i thought it would be compatiable but it does not seem to be in this case as i am using a non DJI tx, i have a Graupner MC32 and really do not want to change it just to get things woking with the DJi kit

2015-1-13
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

morning projekt41,

i'm using 2 S900 with A2,LB and GH4 Gimbal with Graupner MC20 and MC24 HOTT (PPM24 -> SUMO 12).
When you using 1 Pilot mode the LB gives you max 12 Channels, Pilot and Operator 8 Channel each(16total)

Channel D1-D4, but the landing gear is D1, if you don't wanna use it you can map it like you want for an non DJI Gimbal

The K Ports are adjustments for modifying the Gains, but the Graupner want channels for that and you are running out of channels
S900   A,E,T,R,U, IOC, landing Gear 7 channels,
Gimbal   Mode, shutter, tilt, yaw, roll  5 channels (connected with Can Bus)
ciao ducpeter
2015-1-13
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi DucPeter Thanks for your reply,  I have got 12 channels working now out of the Graupner / Lightbridge combination.
I have run the light bridge assistant and mapped all of my channels for the A2 and GH3 Gimbal and they are all shown to be working on the assistant.
i have then run the  A2 assistant and the channel mapping for A,E,T.R are different, anyhow remapped those through the A2 assistant and they seem to be working.

However i have no control over the GH3 Gimbal, i have mapped it and selected the GH3 in the light bridge assistant and all control inputs from the graupner MC32 show as working but i have no control over the gimbal, i.e mode, shutter, fpv direction, tilt and pan.

am i missing a step… is there any other configuration needed after the Lightbridge assistant, i have not gone onto the app yet, is there anything that needs to be done there ?

i am just trying to get this setup through the Lightbridge as a single operator first to prove it all works before i look into doing anything else.

I have tested the failsafe mode in the lightbridge and if you disconnect the tx from the light bridge it will go into failsafe mode but when it comes back on line it wants to go into ATT GPS mode no matter what position the switch is in on the tx, resetting the switch changes the flight mode back.
Thanks for your help and i look forward to hearing from you.
Gary
2015-1-14
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Gary,
so it look's like your radio send the information to the light bridge and A2, but not to the Gimbal. I don't know the connection to your GCU.

be careful with your channel mapping in the A2 for A, E, T, R, U (Graupner should be 2,3,1,4,7 -> TX out in your MC32, 5 is Pitch and 6 is IOC), if you did it in the A2, everytime when you make an update you have to map the channels new
2015-1-14
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

the only connection to the GCU is the can bus cable, this is on CAN1 from the A2 controller
The data path is as follows.
Lightbridge connects to X2 on A2 controller
GCU connects connects to Can Bus via CAN1 connection to A2 IMU.

Lightbridge,A2 and GH3 GCU all have the latest firmware

Any ideas ?? am i right in thinking that the channels are mapped on the Lightbridge assistant software and should be sent to the GCU via the can bus link.
i have noticed that when i run the Lightbridge assistant software and select the gimbal as GH3 and close the application it does not remember the settings and will default to the d5 button.

i look forward to your reply.
Regards

Gary
2015-1-15
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

OK Problem sorted

after some help on the forum from ducpeter, this is what the problem turned out to be.

The Lightbridge will map more than 8 channels. The issue with the 8 channels comes from the transmitter being used.
basically if you are set to PPM16 you get 8 channels if you are set to PPM24 you get 12 channels, thats your lot for a single operator.

ducpeter found my cause, you must map the tx outputs in the transmitter software in line with what the lightbridge is expecting to see and also have channel 7 is U and 6 is IOC. map all of your channels to Lightbridge first including any gimbal features.
calibrate the channels on the lightbridge assistant and you are done here.

Then go to the A2 assistant, you should find all of the channels are mapped correctly, you should find now that the gimbal works correctly.

I also had a faulty canbus cable so never take it for granted that they are good, have a spare one to swap out to test or move things round, the one i took out looked perfect but was in fact faulty and not passing data to the gimbal controller.

Thanks for the help on this and for anyone else struggling out there, persevere with the problem and break it down into sections if you get stuck, prove what works and work backwards.

I nearly sold the lightbridge only to find out it was an issue with what i needed to do with the transmitter before i  connected to the lightbridge.

i hope this helps others out there.
2015-1-15
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

that's it, change in your transmitter  for 24PPM in the basic settings you want forget it.
2015-1-15
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ducpeter Posted at 2015-1-14 15:03
morning projekt41,

i'm using 2 S900 with A2,LB and GH4 Gimbal with Graupner MC20 and MC24 HOTT (PPM ...

Oh boy... I wish I understood this...
I own a F-550 and am planning to buy:
DJI s900 - A2 - Lightbridge and would also like to connect the GroundStation Bluetooth (which I already own and use) As I start I want to use the DJI H4-3D gimbal and I would like to keep using my Graupner MC-20... in 1 pilot mode...
Do you think this is possible? I would be very happy with some help...
Kindest regards,
Max Verdoes
2015-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules