Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advice to avoid confusion: FW for Inspire 1/Pro vs Raw
989 2 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

The firmware update for the Inspire 1 and Inspire Pro are version are named (READ CAREFULLY) WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
This file is 34MB in size

The firmware update for the Inspire Raw (or updating using a 5R) is named WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.08.00.90.bin
This file is 44.8MB in size

Before updating, ensure the aircraft is in landing mode
You MUST update the aircraft FIRST. The RC should be OFF.
Then update the controller (the craft does not have to be on) IF and Only IF the aircraft update is successful. Otherwise, DO NOT update the controller (see why below)
If the update of the controller is performend and successful
Reboot the controller before attempting to fly

The Inspire 1 and Pro update is supposed to change the transmission protocol for video information. i.e. the LB. I would think this affects the Tx and Rx and not the camera. This is why it is important to follow the order of the update or basically it would be two different languages. Hence, if one component is upgraded and the other not, the failure of communication is NOT remedied by trying to relink the controller and the aircraft.

Why this update? I am speculating what 'extra security' means but some users like myself have noted intermittent failure in video transmission with the craft right in front of me that resolves after a few minutes with the previous update. I've never had that issue before.

DJI has not disclosed what the extra 10.8MB in the Raw update does. It should.

2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for pointing that out, Mike, but I 'm not sure about the  extra 10 megabytes...
2016-4-8
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

The binaries are of different size. Check it out.
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules