Customer Support???!!! - Gimbal DOA
1279 2 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brianq
New

Ireland

What is going on with DJI Customer Support? I have purchased a new Phantom 3 Standard, which arrived out of the box with a damaged gimbal (gimbal holder also not attached corerctly in the box!). I have been in touch with support who have asked me to return the product to their service centre so they could make a repair. I have been trying to get a shipping label to have the product returned.

Customer Service Chat 1 - the service agent just ended the chat midway through. When I tried to reconnect the chat service came up as chat closed for the day, so it seems like the agent got to the end of their shift and just closed up the chat

Customer Service Chat 2 - the agent continually asked the same questions over and over. after almost 30 minutes I was eventually told that a shipping label would be sent out to me by the end of the day. The agent refused to give me their name (which is very very poor froma customer service perspective), and told me they were 'EU_Phantom_Support2'

Customer Service Phone 1 - I called customer service who said that UPS would be in touch with me to arrange delivery. I spoke to UPS who said they will not be in touch until I have a shipping label.

Customer Service Phone 2 - I called again, and was told they could not help me with the shipping label, but that they would email 'my colleague' to arrange the shipping label. (How pointless is it having support people who can not provide support??!!)

Customer Service Chat 3 - After 1 hour and 11 minutes on chat, I was eventually told that I will receive my shipping label at 4pm today. This was after being referred to a telephone support number, which I refused to use as I had already spoken twice on the phone and they were essentially giving me either conflicting information, or unable to help).

For a company who would consider their product to be a premium product in the market, the customer service is really appalling. I am now waiting in anticipation for a shipping label to arrive in my email at 4pm today. Let's wait and see what happens. This stuff is not complex!!! The shame is that the product is excellent, and luckily for DJI there aren't other brands with as good a product, because if there were, DJI would struggle as their customer service is such a poor customer experience. Nobody seems to take ownership of a customer query - it is always 'ill ask a colleague', or 'ill send a message' or 'there is nothing else i can do'.... Nobody has yet said to me 'i will sort that out'... and I have spoken/chatted now to 5 different people.

2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry you are experiencing this, can you please provide me your email and I will have someone contact you Monday from EU support.
2016-4-9
Use props
brianq
New

Ireland

Hi Ken. Thanks for the response. I eventually managed to get help so my drone has been shipped and is with dji as we speak. I am awaiting feedback I. Terms of the issue. This is a brand new drone straight out of the box so hopefully it's a straight forward part swap and should be covered under warranty.
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules