34502 144 2015-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

jan@exploringim Posted at 2015-1-14 19:29
Great information, I see compass value well above your suggested level, typical around 1800? Shoul ...

Redo your compass calibration and following the steps in the manual to ensure accurate calibration. You should see better numbers. Compass calibration should be done where you will be flying, and anytime you fly in a new location. IMU calibration can be done elsewhere.
2015-1-14
Use props
wrichards
New

United States

I just saw the video of the garage crash, Im very glad my timing was good on this , as yesterday was hovering over the buy button... Im waiting for MANY confirmations that this bug is very squashed. That video showed my greatest fear of a drone. Im planing on doing alot of beach stuff here in Hawaii, and this thing has to be rock solid as I dont want to "kerplunk" thins thing due to some software bug. Ive flown RC for many years, always in control. this auto stuff I really want to use and trust. Please fix this asap. Im ready to fly Hawaii now...
2015-1-14
Use props
b.uijlings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205955 ft
Netherlands

Sorry to hear that you experience these crashes, I've seen many by now...

Until now I was very sad the weather wouldn't allow me to fly my new bird... I've got it in my house for a week now watching extreme winds and continous rain making it impossible to fly in The Netherlands. Until there's a fix for this it will remain grounded.
2015-1-14
Use props
octovisions
lvl.2

United Kingdom

pauldean85@goog Posted at 2015-1-14 22:55
Thanks, just queried this with my dealer (Heliguy)

what did they say? My supplier as well.
2015-1-14
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

They got back to me within an hour, they said they were not aware of any recall and that their next batch was on it's way and should arrive possibly by Friday.
2015-1-14
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

Poland

I'm rly sorry for you guys to see what hapened to your inspires, but ... Before I bought more serious copter, I practice flying on a simple bug-drone (V929) for 4 months. No GPS positioning, no automations like IMU, compass, etc. I don't trust such features like auto takes off, return to home and trying to flight as much in manual mode as possible. Buy a small, cheap drone and practice your flying skills and use manual mode as often as possible.
2015-1-14
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

piotr.pawlowski Posted at 2015-1-15 03:39
I'm rly sorry for you guys to see what hapened to your inspires, but ... Before I bought more seriou ...

I've owned about 4 drones in the past. I'm not a pro but I certainly know how to handle a drone.
Auto take-off is NOT the problem and it shouldn't ever be. If there is a feature, you should be able to just use it.
There are some cases of crashes after using manual take-off and even after IMU calibration.
2015-1-14
Use props
jan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3514751 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Joola Posted at 2015-1-15 01:54
Redo your compass calibration and following the steps in the manual to ensure accurate calibration ...

Thansk for your answer, I already have calibrated my compass several times, and get pretty much same values every time. Other values are okay.
2015-1-14
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

Poland

ebarronh@aol.co Posted at 2015-1-15 04:23
I've owned about 4 drones in the past. I'm not a pro but I certainly know how to handle a drone.

The Inspire 1 owners should take into consideration it's a new platform and we should play with it carefuly. It means no test flights near houses, etc. We agree for that buying first production models. I only hope DJI will be fair and fix your broken copters if it was their fault.
2015-1-14
Use props
jmboto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6781407 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

shannon.goodwin Posted at 2015-1-14 22:32
I received an email from 'DJI after sales' overnight that includes a return form and a HK address. ...

Been there...
Inspire has to be on the ground to enter travel mode. You cannot do that with the drone on your hand.
2015-1-14
Use props
drosos.dimitris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241362 ft
Greece

Good news guys for those people that has problem ! http://onthekitchentable.info/20 ... spire-1-fix-coming/ !!! I suppose that dji from the time that recognize that the problem is from dji ,will change crashed inspires with new!!!
2015-1-14
Use props
doering
lvl.1

Canada

Wow, feel bad for those who have experienced this IMU bug. Easy to second guess DJI's decision to push this drone into production. But I still honestly believe, they (DJI), got hit with some bad luck as production geared up to fill the pre-orders. First the lens issue and now the firmware problem.  All this is just more reasoning  why I never pre-order and allow time for any issues to be resolved before purchasing.
I certainly hope DJI will replace damaged parts or units without question as a result of this firmware issue.
2015-1-14
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got my Bird yesterday but decided to ground it until new update. It took me 8 months to save to let a bug destroy it in 8 seconds.
2015-1-14
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

don't need it gone it 60 seconds ..smart move
2015-1-14
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I hope the release is soon, hope there working hard on it.
2015-1-14
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Waited this long whats a few more days weather is foul here and cold is on it way back next week so Im grounded for a week or two plenty of time to sniff around this new Mini Reeper.

Good time for a drink or 3.
2015-1-14
Use props
bevin.lealand
lvl.2

Philippines

I'm angry and very disappointed this is an expensive bird and DJI have not done the customers any favors lucky there are some good reports but many sad ones this is really going hit home with the law makers as these birds are sometimes totally out of control.
Do you really feel 100% when you fly or do you have a feeling in the pit of your stomach?
I'm not a novice I have 100s of hours flying.
2015-1-14
Use props
neilmc
New

Australia

daverm16a4 Posted at 2015-1-14 12:43
Guys didn't know bout calibrating imu , compass , sticks gimble etc ... Normal things you should alr ...

" It's New it's really Not a first time toy and it's one of the more sophisticated Tools for film and photo ops so be advised ...and feel free to jump right in , just make sure you can swim !"

It's hard to blame beginners since there's indications of it being a bug AND DJI are marketing it as a beginner quad!

They say Even if you have never flown before, taking off and landing your Inspire 1 is easy and safe

If they really wanted to sell it as a "anyone can do it" machine, it doesn't appear to be ready yet. A bit like a public beta program at full retail......
2015-1-14
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Ive seen it advertised as RTF mins out the box...on Amazon that had me worried when I read it.
Not a good thing to express when its not true and there is an overzealous public waiting to buy.

More that crash the more they will resell.
2015-1-14
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Peru

Seems a new firmware has been posted. Does this fix the problem?
2015-1-15
Use props
alessandrobecca
lvl.3
Switzerland

Hi, just to let you know that firmware update which is supposed to fix the potential IMU bug has been released and is downloadable from DJI webpage.
Just did the upgrade !!
2015-1-15
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

ebarronh@aol.co Posted at 2015-1-15 21:06
Seems a new firmware has been posted. Does this fix the problem?

Who knows yet. Done the upgrade. Just need this uk weather to stop blowing 40mph
2015-1-15
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Peru

I hope we don't hear from any other crashes now...
I feel as beta tester, though. Unpaid beta tester.
2015-1-15
Use props
BInspireD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 205955 ft
Netherlands

I did full calibration after latest update, no keys or phone in my pocket, rt was 4 meters away. Felt like GPS fix was aquired a lot faster then before. Now the waiting starts for proplocks and the hard wind to stop...

My mod value keeps dancing between 0.99 - 1.02, and compass mod stays around 1534 is this acceptable?
2015-1-15
Use props
christer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

This is why you dont buy expensive gear from a company like Dji, they are amateurs pretending to be pros, what they sell is overpriced crap with worthless customer service. They didnt succeed due to professionalism and quality, just cause of hitting a market at the right time and place.
If they where dealing with the norwegian laws of trade, they would be sued back to kingdom come, and would cease to exist in less than a year....
China is, and will always be crap, just because Chinese are greedy amateurs.
CEO stated last year that he dreams about becoming Steve Jobs and Apple, its never going to happen.

All professional companies will of course cover production errors and reimburse you with all the cost of damages related to them, amateurs will sneak away and hide in their cowardly offices, this is a classic example of that.
2015-1-16
Use props
daverm16a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

neilmc Posted at 2015-1-15 12:21
" It's New it's really Not a first time toy and it's one of the more sophisticated Tools for film a ...

First time flyer , out of the box ... DJIs words not mine , I've flown RC for a long time and knew that these statements are let's say very misleading and does not fit everyone as a first time flyer .. GPS makes these stable ,but that's all , you really Do need some clue before you swim
2015-1-16
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

piotr.pawlowski Posted at 2015-1-15 03:39
I'm rly sorry for you guys to see what hapened to your inspires, but ... Before I bought more seriou ...

piotr, manual mode is not the solution. this is a camera copter for filming and manual mode is not good for that.  For filming you need smooth and stable movements to concentrate on filming, not flying. I wouldnt fly manual with a 3000 dollar copter and u cant fly fpv + gimbal in manual mode.
2015-1-16
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

Poland

Daninho Posted at 2015-1-17 05:37
piotr, manual mode is not the solution. this is a camera copter for filming and manual mode is not ...

Daninho, I didn't forget this, but Inspire 1 is the copter, so flying skills are most important. This is why DJI equiped i1 with second Tx for operator so he can focus on filming. Pilot should be always focused on steering the copter and should react in timely manner to unexpected behaviours.
2015-1-16
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

piotr.pawlowski Posted at 2015-1-17 06:25
Daninho, I didn't forget this, but Inspire 1 is the copter, so flying skills are most important. Th ...

yes but i doubt the manual mode will help much when the copter fails, at least that was the case with the phantoms
2015-1-16
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

BInspireD Posted at 2015-1-16 04:43
I did full calibration after latest update, no keys or phone in my pocket, rt was 4 meters away. Fel ...

ACC MOD's should be 1.00 +/- 0.01 and compass 1400-1500.
2015-1-16
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Pilot APP AVAILABLE for iOS (non official)

Hi all
this is for all "frustrated" iOS users:

http://youtu.be/uWTMO4SLW-s

But NOTE - it's NOT officiall (NOT by DJI and NOT by Apple)
2015-1-17
Use props
phil
New

United States

I wanted to share my fly away experience. This was my first flight. I chose to fly in what I thought was an open and safe spot. I consider myself fortunate that I did not hurt anyone or cause any harm.  Please follow the link to my flight video.
http://youtu.be/5wYVwp_hRk8
2015-1-17
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.2

United Kingdom

phil@speware.co Posted at 2015-1-18 03:15
I wanted to share my fly away experience. This was my first flight. I chose to fly in what I thought ...

Feel for you, what happen?
2015-1-17
Use props
serge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545043 ft
Switzerland

phil@speware.co Posted at 2015-1-18 03:15
I wanted to share my fly away experience. This was my first flight. I chose to fly in what I thought ...

Ouch!! That did not look good at all!!!

Assume you were not using the latest firmware because if you were you should send the logs to DJI asap.

Thanks for sharing.
2015-1-17
Use props
artieorodriguez
lvl.1

United States

DJI should offer or have built in GPS tracking system in their quads if they fly away. I think if DJI offered a system like this it would create piece of mind if you had a flyway. I think this idea would help shed a lot negative emails that DJI gets about flyways in forms and on the web and maybe get some potential buyers to buy their product. It's a pretty expenses piece of equipment to have a flyaway.  Just my thoughts.
2015-1-17
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

Poland

Heliflo Posted at 2015-1-18 01:46
Hi all
this is for all "frustrated" iOS users:

Thank you. App came back to my apple device.
2015-1-17
Use props
phil
New

United States

serge Posted at 2015-1-18 03:42
Ouch!! That did not look good at all!!!

Assume you were not using the latest firmware because if y ...

Dji tech center in torrance has all the data and remaining pieces of my Inspire.
2015-1-17
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

piotr.pawlowski Posted at 2015-1-18 04:36
Thank you. App came back to my apple device.

Great News - cool that it seems to work so far for all iOS users...
2015-1-17
Use props
shallrk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12306 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello from ON, CAN and unfortunately i joined the ranks of the "beta-crashers" last Wednesday.

i'd been waiting for over a week for good weather and practicing with the IN APP iOS flight sim and doing a lot of readying.

After updating with the original FW, I took it out for the 1st flight.....which, after manually lifting off, ended within 45 secs crashing across a frozen river into a tree!

One of the "feet" is snapped and i lost all the props to damage but luckily, the camera lens was untouched(after flipping upside down from hitting the branches!)

Contacted DJI right away and sent them flight data....with a lot of rants included about replacing my inspire!

.......still waiting for analysis.:@

I'm sorry this has happened to my other "inspiring" bros/sis's but in a funny way, i'm glad i'm not alone.
2015-1-17
Use props
michael
lvl.2

Philippines

I'm really sad for those who have crashed.  Just had my first flight and lucky me, the Inspire flew perfectly.  Still plenty of pilot training required even after lots of practice with my P2V+.  This thing is so much more responsive.  I also know I'm not the first to forget to raise the landing gear - Doh!  I need more batteries now....
2015-1-17
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules