913 7 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
russellsingapor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there

I have been flying Phantom's for the last 18 months and have a 2 3 and now a 4. Has anyone had problems with the new quick release props. I have made every effort to fix them on properly but today had one spin off and fly off somewhere never to be found on take off.
2016-4-8
Use props
russellsingapor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-4-8 17:42
Then you didn't completely install the prop.  Install & wiggle it back & forth for a second to make  ...

Thanks but I am pretty sure I did that - I just wanted to see if anyone else was aware of any problems - I guess if I did not apply it properly then I wont have any more problems
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

russellsingapor Posted at 2016-4-9 00:46
Thanks but I am pretty sure I did that - I just wanted to see if anyone else was aware of any prob ...

The prop will not come off if installed properly. If it did, then it was not fully locked or there's damage to the locking mechanism. Lock the prop and twist without pushing down, you will that it will NOT come off.
2016-4-8
Use props
russellsingapor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 17:51
The prop will not come off if installed properly. If it did, then it was not fully locked or there ...

Thanks - Ok sounds like maybe I did not secure properly. Just out of interest if not secured will the Phantom still try and take off or will it detect an error?
2016-4-8
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

russellsingapor Posted at 2016-4-8 12:05
Thanks - Ok sounds like maybe I did not secure properly. Just out of interest if not secured will  ...

I will take off. I've seen videos of props flying off into the air, then the Phantom flips over as it's uneven.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

russellsingapor Posted at 2016-4-9 01:05
Thanks - Ok sounds like maybe I did not secure properly. Just out of interest if not secured will  ...

When you arm the motors it spins up the props really quick to make sure they are lock in. If not locked in it will fly off and you'll get an error message.
Just make sure to untwist without pressing down to verify they are locked.
2016-4-8
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

russellsingapor Posted at 2016-4-8 13:05

You should have known better than to ask that question, you wasnt gonna get any other reply other than its your fault the P4 is flawless and we approve of it.  Everything has issues so maybe wait and see if this is one that indeed wasnt your fault.  I wouldnt hold out on an accurate answer here tho.  Maybe post it over at Phantom Pilots and see
2016-4-8
Use props
jyurkyandsons
lvl.2

United States

I wonder if they went with these because people don't know rightey titey , lefty lucy
2016-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules