Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Power down issue
1095 12 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
russellsingapor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 797 ft
United Kingdom

My second problem I need to report. When trying to power down the Phantom 4 today I could not shut it down. I landed safely and tried to cut the power but the Phantom kept dancing around the ground and would not shut down. I had to take off again and use the RTH function to land it. Has anyone had this issue or have any ideas. I have been flying Phantoms for 18 months now and not had this issue on the P2 and P3

2016-4-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it were my quad I would check to make sure firmware is updated then I would do IMU calibration cold then compass calibration then I would make sure your iPad or whatever you use was rebooted then I would try it again. I'm assuming you doing the correct shutdown with the sticks?
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

When the air craft has landed on a flat platform , push and hold the throttle down for 3 seconds to stop the motors. Give it a try next time.
2016-4-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-8
Use props
russellsingapor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-9 03:21
When the air craft has landed on a flat platform , push and hold the throttle down for 3 seconds to  ...

Yes this is what I did - I know the basic functions of the phantom and have flown many many flights without incident - it is more helpful if anyone has any possible reasons for this malfunction as it was not user error.
2016-4-9
Use props
russellsingapor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-9 04:27
I had a similar problem, it's the collision avoidance sonar or what ever it is, once you turn it a ...

Thanks could you expand on this please as there is definitely an error which I think people should be aware of. It was not user error as I am well experienced on the phantoms
2016-4-9
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

On the app there's a ground height measurement from the sensors under the P4 check to see if you are getting a zero reading when you land, may need calibrating if not zero when on the ground.
2016-4-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

mark.mwilliams7 Posted at 2016-4-10 06:02
On the app there's a ground height measurement from the sensors under the P4 check to see if you are ...

The actual value of altitude does not matter, if you hold the throttle stick in the down position, it will shut the motors off if, after 3 seconds, it does not see any further downward movement of the aircraft.

2016-4-9
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-9 23:25
The actual value of altitude does not matter, if you hold the throttle stick in the down position,  ...

Yeah I get that but when I hand catch it takes longer to shut the motors off then when it lands on the ground, could be there's a firmware issues on landing with some just like the dropping when stopping from forward flight
2016-4-9
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

mark.mwilliams7 Posted at 2016-4-10 08:43
Yeah I get that but when I hand catch it takes longer to shut the motors off then when it lands on ...

It will most likely be because when you hand catch it you probably bring it down and are changing the level slightly, therefore the aircraft does not think it has landed.
2016-4-9
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mark.mwilliams7 Posted at 2016-4-10 08:43
Yeah I get that but when I hand catch it takes longer to shut the motors off then when it lands on ...

If you can hold it level and stable it will shut down as quickly as on the ground.
2016-4-9
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-9 23:49
It will most likely be because when you hand catch it you probably bring it down and are changing  ...

Yeah may move a bit but still takes longer to shut down compared to my P3S, personally I feel there's more tidying up to do with the P4 firmware
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules