Upgrade Firmware on my DJI RC Controller
2956 8 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yngvars
New

Norway

Hi, I Upgrade Firmware on my DJI RC Controller, and now it’s not working any more. I Bought the Panthome 2 vision and everything work well. Then I connect me DJI RC Controller to the computer and started the DJI RC System assistant 1.1.
Then I Upgrade the Firmware to vers. 1.0.2.22.

When I start my RC Controller now the light is green for two second, and the turn yellow. I can connect with the drone but nothing is working. WHY?

Yngvar from Norway
2014-9-27
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Make sure that all firmware is upgraded.
                                                                                                                                                Click [Upgrade] icon to check the current firmware version and whether the installed firmware is the latest version. Ifnot, click links to upgrade.

Wait until the Assistant shows “finished”. Click OK and power cycle the Phantom 2 Vision+ after 5 seconds. Oncecomplete, firmware is up to date.

If the firmware upgrade fails, the Flight Controller will enter a waiting for firmware upgrade status automatically.If this happens, repeat the above procedures.

Firmware upgradable items: (1)Flight Controller (2)GPS (3)5.8G Receiver (4) Main Board (P330CB) (5)Battery (6) Gimbal IMU

2014-9-28
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Like hd_ultra is saying, all firmware needs to be upgraded.
If, in the course of an upgrade, you omit an item, and it stays with the previous firmware, the system will, most likely, not work due to the incompatability.
I say "most likely", because I've seen it work a few times.
2014-9-28
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

I think sometimes people do a firmware update. And do not update the other components. I believe they all work together in one way or another. JMO
2014-9-28
Use props
yngvars
New

Norway

I have try to Upgrade some times now, and everthing look like it should but its the same. The RC Controller start With green light, and then go to yellow.
The firmware on the drone is updated.
2014-9-28
Use props
snewton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22198 ft
United Kingdom

If you are able to connect but not start the props (and you can see that the stick controls work by seeing movement in the Phantom Assistant) you might need to calibrate the transmitter. Try calibrating in the Phantom Assistant first. If the sticks are not absolutely centred (in software) the aircraft won't allow you to arm the motors. If that doesn't work then you can calibrate by plugging into the RC Assistant again and do a direct calibration from there...
2014-9-29
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

the link indicator on buttom on P2, is it blinking red. ?
2014-9-29
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Upgrade the firmware of the RC controller? There is no update for the RC controller for a long time. Would you please send us a screenshot of the RC controller firmware page?
2014-9-29
Use props
hilton571
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10220 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue with my phantom vision + with the power light on my controller turning from green to yellow and no start up on my drone. I found out after recalibrating my receiver that the dreaded yellow light return to the green phase and I was able to fly my phantom. Hook up your receiver to your laptop and recalibrate make sure that your receiver is on during the calibration, all is good from that point on hope that works for you.
2014-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules