123Next >
8398 107 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

madhatt Posted at 2016-4-22 13:51
Same issue here, DJI is making us their test rats and I'm tired of it.  I have a 4 month old P3P and ...

The iOS DJI GO app was updated to 2.7.2 last week.  That fixed a lot of problems the community was having.
2016-4-23
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Hi Ken
Great to hear from you, seems like you always succeed.
Uninstalled DJI Go
rebooted tablet
Started RC
plug in tablet
turn on USB debugging
installed DJI Go on prompt
powered on P3P
Started P3P
screen showed camera
clicked safe to fly - says latest firmware
formatted SD card
clicked bars in right top corner
clicked about - shows 2.7.2 1.8.80 1.60, SN
started motors - worked fine
moved ship, camera view works
P3P off/on - camera still works
RC off/on - shows Disconnected - camera not working
restarted DJI go - shows Disconnected - camera not working
restarted RC, DJI Go - shows Disconnected - no camera
Any sggestions

2016-4-23
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-9 11:17
Followed MJISTUDIOS post, deleted ALL related Apps, turned off Tablet, RC, P3P.
Booted up tablet, in ...

Jerry,

I will try to help. I fly exclusively with Apple IOS devices and am not an expert with trouble-shooting Android DJI GO app RC connection issues.  So, the following advice is from extensive experience from the IOS device side only, but perhaps it applies in your case.  If the connection WAS working, you would go into the General Settings menu of the DJI GO app, scroll down and tap on "About" and the DJO GO app version and the firmware versions of the aircraft and the RC will be displayed.  If the firmware versions of the RC and aircraft are not listed - or it says "Unknown" - there is not a working connection between the mobile device and the RC.

Unfortunately, there is no way to confirm or check the RC firmware version if you don't have a working connection between the RC and mobile device.  The "DISCONNECTED" message you are getting on the DJI GO app indicates that is the case.

1) Comment:  First some good news - since you say that the RC can communicate with the P4 and you can start and stop the motors, take-off and land, that indicates that both the RC and the P4 have been updated to the latest firmware versions for both or else they would not communicate. The latest firmware update for RC and P4 included extra security protocols on the signal transmissions between RC and P4, so that is working.  One final check, can you also pan the camera gimbal up and down from the RC?  That is one additional confirmation that communication between RC and P4 is fully functional after firmware updates on both.

2) You indicate that you recently reinstalled the DJI GO app on your Android device.  So, did you link the reinstalled DJI GO app to your DJI account login and password?  If so, you should be able to download all your previous flight logs and view them - that only requires a working mobile device with an installed and registered DJI GO app and a working internet connection. If DJI GO app is linked to your DJI account and you can view your previous flight records, then proceed to next step.

3) Now for some potentially bad news.  On my IOS devices, whenever I have seen "DISCONNECTED" displayed on the DJI GO app, it means there is not a working connection between the RC and the mobile device.  The following are possible causes (and potential fixes) - and I have experienced every one of them:
a) USB cable is not fully plugged in to either the RC or the mobile device. Fix: Obvious - firmly push in cable connectors on both ends.
b) Bad USB-device cable between RC and mobile device.  Fix: Swap it out with another cable.
c) The internal ribbon connector between the RC internal Main Board and the USB module board may be damaged or not firmly connected. Or, one of the two tiny 1/8" wide ribbon cables that connect to the USB module, may be loose.  Potential FIX: Remove the white plastic housing on the USB module on the back of the RC and check the three ribbon cables to make sure they are fully attached. CAUTION: Look for and watch YouTube videos that show how to install the HDMI-USB module to see how to carefully remove unlock and reinstall the tiny ribbon cables/connectors.
d) The USB connection board on the RC has failed.  Potential FIX 1: Did you recently install an HDMI/USB board? If so, try reinstalling the original USB-only board on the RC.  Potential Fix 2: Try replacing the RC's original USB board with a Phantom 3 HDMI-USB upgrade module (cost: $99), or, alternatively, with the original USB module that a friend and fellow P3 or P4 pilot might have from a recent upgrade on their P3 or P4 aircraft.  Comment:  in a year of flying a P3 Pro, I have had one original USB board fail and a 2-week-old barely used upgrade HDMI-USB module fail.  Both problems were corrected by swapping out the USB module with a new HDMI-USB module (beats a return of aircraft to DJI Service and a 2-6 week turnaround).

4) As some others have suggested, you might try a different mobile device, in particular, an IOS device.  Perhaps a friend will allow you to borrow their iPad Air or iPhone 6 so you can install the DJI GO app and try connecting it to your RC.  You will need to register the DJI GO app.  If you also get "DISCONNECTED" when opening the Camera page of the app, then this again suggests a problem with the USB port on the RC.  You may want to try this step FIRST.

Let me know if any of this helps.  If not, I'm sorry for your issues.
2016-4-23
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

When I first install updates, it works fine and I can fly the P3P, so no hardware is in error.
It shows Go 2.7.2, RC 1.60, P3P 1.8.80.
When I power off/on restart DJI Go it says disconnected and no video.
2016-4-23
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-8 22:08
It has been working fine for several months.
I do not think I am going to buy a new tablet because ...

While I always appreciate DJI's assistance in threads like this, I have a problem with this typical comment:  " Try from a list of our accepted tablets"

When someone has been using the highest performing tablet (the Nvidia Shield) for many many versions of the firmware and then all of a sudden a firmware update screws things up, THAT IS A SOFTWARE CODE PROBLEM FROM DJI and that shouldn't be held against the users.

I also, for the life of me, cannot understand why DJI won't freaking put the Nvidia Shields on your list of approved devices and your test platforms - there are a LOT of us out there with this tablet and I refuse to go out and purchase another tablet if a DJI firmware screws up something that has been working for nearly a year with my P3P.  This just isn't good customer service.
2016-4-23
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

dbeck@toolboxpr Posted at 2016-4-22 13:22
Heres A TIP...If its  working...NEVER upgrade!

If you read my last comment..........AMEN!
2016-4-23
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

I have tested my Samsung S6 Android phone.
It does the same thing.
Very strange having my tablet and phone go out at exactly the same time.
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-24 03:08
When I first install updates, it works fine and I can fly the P3P, so no hardware is in error.
It sh ...

Do you have the latest Android Marshmallow?
If so, after connecting to the RC via USB cable and powering up the RC you need to swipe down form the top and you have to change the USB from charging to Software Installation.
2.5_1024.png
3_1024.png
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-24 12:58
I have tested my Samsung S6 Android phone.
It does the same thing.
Very strange having my tablet an ...

I have a Samsung S6 and updated to 6.0 Marshmallow and have to change the USB from charging.
See my above post.
2016-4-23
Use props
jdenton3
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-8 19:45
Can you try another device with the Go app?  or If you can, load the SD card and look at the Hidden ...

Donnie,

Can you confirm where the hidden file on the card is?

Cheers
2016-4-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

jdenton3@gmail. Posted at 2016-4-24 04:57
Donnie,

Can you confirm where the hidden file on the card is?

Oh, I sure can, read my post here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-44544-1-1.html
2016-4-24
Use props
jdenton3
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-24 12:07
Oh, I sure can, read my post here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-44544-1-1.html

Thanks Donnie.

I don't suppose you know how I can obtain this file - MVOM0Fw.bin

Cheers
2016-4-24
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Ken
I clicked the button make default earlier, so I do not see that page
I now turn on tablet, turn on RC, turn on P3P, start DJI Go.
click Camera, get no video, disconnected.

If I put update flash drive in the RC,  power it up, then immediately plug RC to tablet it works fine, both video and connected.
If I power it off/on I am back to disconnected

2016-4-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

jdenton3@gmail. Posted at 2016-4-24 09:08
Thanks Donnie.

I sure do, I will send you a link to a page that has it.
The last I checked you could still get it at this page , if not send me a reply e -mail and I will send the Bin file to you via google mail.

donaldjames1990@gmail.com
2016-4-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

jdenton3@gmail. Posted at 2016-4-24 09:08
Thanks Donnie.

http://thedailydroner.com/threads/dji-phantom-3-firmware.11/
2016-4-24
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Hi Ken Here is what I posted last time you asked

Uninstalled DJI Go
rebooted tablet
Started RC
plug in tablet
turn on USB debugging
powered on P3P
Started P3P
screen showed camera
formatted SD card
Any sggestions
2016-4-24
Use props
brock.thedivorc
New

Canada

Hello, first post. Having some trouble.

I have P3P, showing lost connection and flashing yellow lights. This began after trying to update to the new firmware.

The remote is running 1.6 I have downloaded the new firmware 1.8.80 loaded it on the SD card. I have a green light on the gimbal. Yellow flashing lights.
I have a video image from the camera, but no control over camera function. I have remounted the remote and that has worked. So I know the unit is communicating between the remote and P3P but I keep getting a lost connection.

I have uninstalled the DJIGO app on my phone and booted the phone.

Errors I have made. I updated the remote via Wifi on my phone in the field before the p3p.
I have removed the SD card with the unit powered on, but not during an update... just slipped my mind.

These flashing yellow lights just cost me a gig. There's no tech support on Sundays, so I'm hoping someone in the community may have an idea that could help me.

2016-4-24
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

How do you rebind if the app isn't talking to the controller?  When my iPad Mini 2 updated to 2.7.2 (auto update), all I get is a message when I hit the camera in the app startup that it is disconnected (on the top).  If I try RC Linking, it is ignored as the app is not talking to the controller.  If I plug in the cable (tried several) with the RC on, I hear the beep on the iPad..  If I turn on the RC with the cable already connected, I here the same beep.. Clearly the iPad is seeing a connection.. the app is just not talking to the iPad.. :-(

Jay S.
2016-4-24
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Hi Ken
Uninstalled DJI Go
rebooted tablet
Started RC
plug in tablet
turn on USB debugging
powered on P3P
Started P3P
screen showed camera
formatted SD card
Any sggestions
2016-4-24
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Brock and imagesbyjas, please start your own posts.
2016-4-24
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-25 09:05
How do you rebind if the app isn't talking to the controller?  When my iPad Mini 2 updated to 2.7. ...

No need for app to rebind RC to P3. Look in the User manual section on how to rebind. It's straight forward. Good luck
2016-4-24
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-24 21:18
Brock and imagesbyjas, please start your own posts.

Jerry,

I had started one, but was just tying it here to a similar situation to someone.  At that point no one had replied to my other post.  According to DJI- Paladin, there is a new version of the app released today..  Hopefully better than some of the 2.7.2 issues.
2016-4-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-4-24 01:43
Jerry,

I will try to help. I fly exclusively with Apple IOS devices and am not an expert with tro ...

David..

I have the same issue as Jerry.. Everything works with my iPhone 6 and, was working on my iPad mini and stopped working with my iPad mini after 2.7.2 was auto updated.  The fact that ti works with the iPhone would say it's not the cable or USB port.  I can upload flight logs from iPhone and see them on iPad..  iPhone is 2.7.2 and I was able to do a restore from a back up to 2.7.1 on the iPad.  On iPhone (which is 2.7.2) recent flights do not show the GPS map data for the flights under the flight lines, on the iPad Mini, those same flight records show the GPS map data (satellite data)..  So from all this, I'm thinking 2.7.2 was/is the issue..  On 9.3.1 of IOS...  
2016-4-25
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Delete Go 2.7.2
Download Go 2.8.0
Ran MVOM0Fw.bin on RC and P3P
Ran P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin on RC and P3p
turn off/on RC, P3P, tablet
prompted for Go 2.8.0
Go came up disconnected with no video
HELP!!!!!
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

re link RC...calibrate IMU...calibrate Gimbal
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-9 15:08

you can tell if the update is successful by putting the SD card into you PC pr laptop and reading the TXT file - should say successful or failed

its not the app...hundreds of thousands of ppl have zero issue with it...if you want to see what software your running go to the "ABOUT" on drop down in the APP.
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-4-9 05:45
After I did the update to the drone, I checked for the file in the computer and Success was evident. ...

you say that you reformatted the card...that would remove the bin file, so the battery had nothing to update to..
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-9 15:08

no one answered because its clearly visible in the document "HOW TO UPGRADE FIRMWARE"

2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

Cipher12@msn.co Posted at 2016-4-10 00:11
I have an Remote Controller that is showing green after an update to the latest firmware and does no ...

you must relink the RC with the craft,...simple and easy to do..DJI have a tutorial video on how to do this
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-10 04:28
Still no answer on how to tell my RC firmware level.

you mean what version...it on the drop down page in the Go App...right at the bottom...About >
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-12 15:44
No help, so I tried again.
Did the C1+C2+recording+scroll+power on trick.
That sent me back to 1.3 ...

follow the instructions in the pdf - how to update firmware...it is quiet easy
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

bokchoiboy12 Posted at 2016-4-22 01:33
I had a local authorized technician check out my drone with the same problem. He came back saying he ...

no 1,8 is not just for P4
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-21 14:56
Thanks, but I have done that about 11 times to no avail.

you are either not letting it do the update, or ups have not taken the right file out of the zip download ...it takes time...the beeps change when updating to UPDATED

this is not a difficult thing, be logical about your steps and understand the complex components you are dealing with...why only a small group of ppl have this issue while many many other have no issue...because the majority of ppl read the instructions and follow the instructions....this is a very basic operation, the App is fine and its not DJI fault you can't follow protocols
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

dbeck@toolboxpr Posted at 2016-4-23 06:22
Heres A TIP...If its  working...NEVER upgrade!

why...you would n't get the latest features..its not rocket science
2016-4-25
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Just got back from a short trip
Here is what I did last

Delete Go 2.7.2
Download Go 2.8.0 - just out today
Ran MVOM0Fw.bin on RC and P3P to go back level
Ran P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin on RC and P3p to back up level
turn off/on  tablet
prompted for Go 2.8.0
came up connected with video
went to about had Go=2.8.0    RC=1.60    P3P=1.8.80
looks great right
quit Go, powered off tablet
powered off/on tablet
Got disconnected, no video
I really think I know how to update, don't know why it is not working after off/on
2016-4-25
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Just got back from a short trip
Here is what I did last, forgot a couple of lines

Delete Go 2.7.2
Download Go 2.8.0 - just out today
Ran MVOM0Fw.bin on RC and P3P to go back level
Ran P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin on RC and P3p to back up level
turn off/on  tablet
prompted for Go 2.8.0
came up connected with video
went to about had Go=2.8.0    RC=1.60    P3P=1.8.80
looks great right
quit Go, powered off tablet
powered off/on tablet
Got disconnected, no video, but can start motors and fly
I understand that I am linked if I can fly it, so link not necessary
I really think I know how to update, don't know why it is not working after off/on
2016-4-25
Use props
rjohnson4545
New

United States

Hey jerryjonz I know you have you own problems gojng on but I'm having the same issue as you any way you can send me the MVOM0Fw.bin file please and thank
2016-4-25
Use props
rjohnson4545
New

United States

Rjohnson4545@gmail.com
2016-4-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-4-8 12:45
After I did the update to the drone, I checked for the file in the computer and Success was evident. ...

It may be best if they just had an icon that said "  Click me"  and then when it finished the first part,  another button would say " Now click me "  .  Pretty hard to screw that up.  Technical detail is only useful if it is accurate and relevant and complete.
2016-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

These drones are likely designed and built by Chinese robotics.

So everything is very technically calculated, refined, detailed.

It's mathematically correct down to the last cent. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-4-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules