Signal loss error on iOS after update???
1334 21 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ml.990
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96591 ft
United States

I have the iOS app, took my phantom 4 out that was was working perfectly fine yesterday. Turned it on- update RC, now iOS app gives "RC signal loss" error. Unable to fly.

Is there a fix to this issue?
2016-4-8
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Try to relink the RC.  In the app go to the Tx menu, press relink, the Tx will start beeping.  With the P4 powered up press the relink button (light) on the side.  It should reconnect.
2016-4-8
Use props
jdpankiw
New

United States

same problem here, updated and now RC signal is lost. I can relink them like humminbird said but then it immediately just disconnects the rc again
2016-4-8
Use props
macardo
lvl.3
United States

Very same problem as described above. Sure wish I was flying at the moment.
2016-4-8
Use props
Pat Stefanek
New

jdpankiw Posted at 2016-4-9 07:10
same problem here, updated and now RC signal is lost. I can relink them like humminbird said but the ...

I have the same problem, I tried to re-link but did not work.
2016-4-8
Use props
mickhaskins
New
Flight distance : 500846 ft
United States

I had the same issue.  I was out flying the Phantom.  Came home.  Updated the RC Firmware expecting the Phantom Firware update to follow and it didn't.  I was left in the loop of "RC Signal Lost".  I followed the instructions here, relinked the RC.  Upon doing that the DJI GO App notified me to download the Phantom Firmware from the DJI GO App home page.  I did that, hooked the iPhone up to the Phantom upgraded the firmware and now everything is back to normal.  I hope this works for you guys.

VR - Mick
2016-4-8
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

Happened to me and it took a lot to get it to work again. Overall, I had to return to previous FW then update again to current. Very annoying though. Might just have to try a few different ways because I've seen several ways of how he issue was fixed.
2016-4-8
Use props
j2d3
New

Ugh, I just got a new iphone because my galaxy s6 had a bad usb port, so I couldn't set up my phantom 4 that I bought wednesday. Now, 1 hour after support closes for the weekend, now that I have my new iphone, I'm this close to flying for the 1st time and I download the firmware and am experiencing the same problem. I did do the relinking procedure, but I still get no RC signal.
2016-4-8
Use props
cldth62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222621 ft
United States

Ok, same here..what's the fix?
2016-4-8
Use props
cldth62
lvl.3
United States

Thank you to whomever knows the answer for "RC  Signal Lost"
2016-4-8
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

This has happened to a LOT of people.  There's a long thread on the signal loss here --> http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368

It happens if you upgrade the controller first.  This causes the controller to have different firmware than the drone.  Since the firmware versions aren't compatible,  they can no longer talk and you get the RC Signal Lost.

There are a few ways to fix it.  If you go through the conversations in the thread that I linked to, you should be able to find one that works.
2016-4-8
Use props
blurfonz
lvl.2

Singapore

I have this prob and the best part is I went online and seek DJI online help, he couldn't tell me what to do but only said,  pls try it on different computers!! I told him I only have 2 computers!! WHAT MORE CAN I DO!??? HE replied...

THIS IS THE BEST HE CAN ADVISED
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, if the issue come up after the drone's updating, don't forget to update your RC to the latest version v1.6.0. Please check it and give it a try.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-9 11:26
Hello, if the issue come up after the drone's updating, don't forget to update your RC to the latest ...

Can you get my email from Tim or Terry and email me and we can corresspond that way.
2016-4-8
Use props
cldth62
lvl.3
United States

They need to issue a firmware correction asap!
2016-4-8
Use props
cldth62
lvl.3
United States

Connect bird and download firmware,
2016-4-8
Use props
cldth62
lvl.3

Corrected, thanks!
2016-4-8
Use props
afponiky
lvl.2

United States

Please don't forget that if you are trying to connect the bird to a computer that you have to use the short cord that came with the P4 to attach to the bird and THEN the USB cord to that.

I won't let you know how I know...........            
2016-4-9
Use props
joeglennaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

Hello everyone,

I had the exact same thing happen. Here's how I got it working again. I downloaded the update from the dji site to my desktop. Extracted it. Took the memory card out of the copter put it in the adaptor and plugged it in my computer. Just like the old way I copied the bin file over the the memory card to the root directory. I then removed the card, inserted it into my copter, make sure I had a full battery and turned the copter on. I did have my remote on also but don't know if that is needed. I like the copter do the firmware update just like i had done before. The tiny led light blinked between red and green. It took about 20 min. the the Led light was solid green. I re-booted controller and copter, and it worked like brand new! Hope that helps.
2016-4-9
Use props
nerazzurro10
New

Cyprus

joeglennaz Posted at 2016-4-9 16:48
Hello everyone,

I had the exact same thing happen. Here's how I got it working again. I downloaded  ...

From where did you download the firmware?

I got Phantom 4 and there isn't firmware through the Dji website.
2016-4-9
Use props
steve4
New

United Kingdom

nerazzurro10 Posted at 2016-4-9 19:20
From where did you download the firmware?

I got Phantom 4 and there isn't firmware through the Dj ...

Looking for the firmware myself. Can't find it.
2016-4-9
Use props
steve4
New

United Kingdom

steve4 Posted at 2016-4-9 19:59
Looking for the firmware myself. Can't find it.

Issue:
Updating latest Firmware for bird using DJI Assistant results in failure on Apple.

Quick Fix:
Don't use the DJI Assistant for Apple to update Firmware for bird, instead use PC version.
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules