871 4 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RuneWold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I got the X5 Gimbal and was sure the Clamp would be in the box but its not as I guess many of you know.
I have not really been thinking about this until now when more traveling will start between locations where I want take the gimball of.

Why did DJI stopp including them and even as its registerd as a item its not on their shop either.

Any ideas?

PS: Seen some 3D printed ones on Ebay but I dont really trust them all to much :-)

djinewspaper.jpg

Clamp

Clamp
2016-4-8
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

Sorry about the Newspaper att. It was just what DJI used to pack in a serviced Z-15 and I saved it into the same folder :-)
2016-4-8
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

It came with the Inspire Pro but I'm not sure it comes with the X5 when purchased as a standalone. They don't make clamps for the X5-R.
I have taken my the X5 lots of places and recommend that it be removed and kept in a box when moving. The clamp is nice but one thing is that one frequently forgets to remove in when flying. Perhaps DJI stopped making them because of absent minded people like myself...
2016-4-9
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-4-9 17:47
It came with the Inspire Pro but I'm not sure it comes with the X5 when purchased as a standalone. T ...

Hi

Sorry for late reply.
Mine was the other way. It was working fine but after starting to take it off and store it safely in the box the pins started to look "burned" and it would not connect before after trying many times. Dji say its a "one in a million" fault but I keep it on now until they send me a replacement. They was nice enough to send me one while I could keep mine and shooting until it arrived. So super happy there.

I agree with you on the box. But sometimes you know we move like 4 minutes in the car and I have a case where it also fits on so its great to keep it on and as I dont think its really damaging unless we "rally" down the road I would like to maybe have a clamp on. See if I can 3D print one.
2016-4-12
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

RuneWold Posted at 2016-4-13 06:13
Hi

Sorry for late reply.

An alternative solution would be to use blue tac to secure the gimbal. Cheap and it works. But don't forget to remove before you fly!!

Also, if you don't drive like a madman, you can leave the craft on the seat without restraining the gimbal, it can take a few turns without any damage
2016-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules