TECH SUPPORT WON'T RESPOND
2598 27 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info.thecamerac
lvl.1

I have been trying get DJI to send back my unrepaired Phantom 3 Advanced for 2 weeks now. I last sent my concerns to support.us@dji.com which I was told them to send back the unrepaired unit and was told I'd receive a response within 48 hours. That was 72 hours ago. DJI keeps sending me a repair estimate invoice even though I have repeatedly replied that I will not be approving the repair.

My RMA ticket was closed out with my response of, " Please send it back to me. I will not be doing repair at this time." To which DJI responded with another RMA repair estimate invoice.

I WANT MY UNIT SENT BACK TO ME IMMEDIATELY! No one will give me a straight answer!

2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience. Could you provide me with your RMA number?
2016-4-8
Use props
info.thecamerac
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-9 09:26
Sorry for your experience. Could you provide me with your RMA number?

RMA #0205201628207254616

Also, why have i received two DRASTICALLY different repair invoices? One is for $789 and the other is $419.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

info.thecamerac Posted at 2016-4-9 12:43
RMA #0205201628207254616

Also, why have i received two DRASTICALLY different repair invoices? One  ...

Thanks for your information.Our colleagues will be contacting you shortly.
2016-4-8
Use props
info.thecamerac
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-9 14:33

When will I be contacted? I've been trying to in touch with someone from DJI for over 2 weeks.
2016-4-9
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

info.thecamerac Posted at 2016-4-9 14:40
When will I be contacted? I've been trying to in touch with someone from DJI for over 2 weeks.

Call them, you will get someone right away. Monday call them and find out. There is no way they didn't send you an RMA, you had to write it on the box and label, did you not do this? This would explain why it went missing. You have to read their instructions and follow them carefully when sending it in, I photocopied every documemt I included in the box and took photos on how I packed it to prove it was packed carefully, had a proper label and have my RMA # written on every side iPod the box and label.

Try to log into http://djitechnologyllc.freshdesk.com and check your open tickets then change to the closed tickets tab and look for your RMA # if its not in the open tickets.
2016-4-9
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-4-10 10:35
Call them, you will get someone right away. Monday call them and find out. There is no way they did ...

He gave the RMA in post #3 above
2016-4-9
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Mike_fnq Posted at 2016-4-9 21:09
He gave the RMA in post #3 above

You are right. I posted in the wrong post, there was someone in a similar circumstance but he stated he didn't have an RMA and I confused it with this post.
2016-4-9
Use props
info.thecamerac
lvl.1

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-4-10 08:35
Call them, you will get someone right away. Monday call them and find out. There is no way they did ...

I didn't say it went missing. The RMA# was clearly marked on the box. I have emailed, had web based support chat, and called. No one will give me a straight answer. I have received conflicting repair estimates and when I ask why it cost more than purchasing a new P3A, I suddenly get an estimate for less than half the price. I have asked for an explanation and no one will give me one. Which adds up to something isn't right here. Which is why I want the unpaired (under warranty) unit sent back to me. Just as I have instructed them to do repeatedly.
2016-4-9
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-4-10 11:29
You are right. I posted in the wrong post, there was someone in a similar circumstance but he state ...

all good happens to us all!
2016-4-9
Use props
TCC11
lvl.1

SO when am I going to be contacted by DJI? I am still waiting.
2016-4-11
Use props
guanalan2013
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-11
Use props
TCC11
lvl.1

guanalan2013@gm Posted at 2016-4-12 03:55
I suggest calling them, that gurantees you an immediate response

I have and no one has an answer for me. After being on hold for over an hour.

2016-4-11
Use props
TCC11
lvl.1

Still no response! This is the WORST customer service I have EVER received. Worse than Comcast and I didn't think that was possible.
2016-4-13
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

TCC11 Posted at 2016-4-13 17:04
Still no response! This is the WORST customer service I have EVER received. Worse than Comcast and ...

Ouch worst than Comcast.  That's just mean!   It's comcastic!!!   

Should try calling them durring business hours. Wouldn't hurt to try.  Hopefully they just send your bird back, or be wracked with guilt because of the headache they caused you with the delays and cut you a break and send you a new referred unit.  

Dji hasn't been known for stellar customer support.  Hopefully that will change soon.  They really need to update customer service firmware!

Side note, changing your name mid way thru the post may have caused confusion
2016-4-13
Use props
TCC11
lvl.1

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-14 05:20
Ouch worst than Comcast.  That's just mean!   It's comcastic!!!   

Should try calling them durrin ...

As I mentioned in my previous comment, I have called customer service. They have not been able to help me other than to say, "We will have to contact that department and ask them what's going on." That was last Friday. I also called on Monday for an update. Was on hold for over an hour before getting anyone on the phone both times.

And yes, to have a company that can't even give me an answer as to why the repair prices are what they are, and telling me I need to replace items that I know for a fact are 100% operational is obscene. I sent in the unit because the firmware won't update at all. Instead they are telling me that the control board and camera unit need to be replaced. So now I'm being charged for a hardware failure when I'm under warranty. And only 4 1/2 months into at that that.

Worse customer service than Comcast. Something that is pretty difficult to achieve.  
2016-4-13
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

TCC11 Posted at 2016-4-13 21:46
As I mentioned in my previous comment, I have called customer service. They have not been able to  ...

Please tell me the drone was crashed.  Or cosmetically damaged at least?
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

TCC11 Posted at 2016-4-14 05:04
Still no response! This is the WORST customer service I have EVER received. Worse than Comcast and ...

We responded to you yesterday, here is the e-mail: QQ图片20160414102311.png
2016-4-13
Use props
TCC11
lvl.1

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-14 10:26
We responded to you yesterday

I am aware that it is coming back to me. However my questions regarding why I received drastically different invoices has not been addressed. Neither has anyone explained that when I responded and called weeks ago to deny the repair based on your invoice costing more than purchasing a new P3A, the only response I received was being emailed another copy of the invoice for repair. This happened 3 times. It wasn't until I finally got DJI rep on the phone last Friday and demanded they send my property back to me, that they put through the request. Immediately after hanging up the phone I received yet ANOTHER repair invoice, this time for less than half the price of the other invoices I had been sent. Though there was no explanation as to why the price was changed. Even upon calling DJI and reaching a rep on Monday, no one could figure out WHY I had received such drastically different invoices.

Additionally, my concerns regarding DJI saying that parts that are 100% operational need to be replaced. Prior to sending it to DJI (as it is under warranty), I had a colleague that runs a certified DJI repair shop take a look at it. I chose to send my P3A to DJI as it is under warranty. So I am well aware of what is functioning and what isn't. Yet DJI is saying that those items that are 100% operational need to be replaced. Something is not right here. And the refusal to answer any of my concerns makes wary to continue doing business with DJI at all.
2016-4-13
Use props
TCC11
lvl.1

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-14 09:59
Please tell me the drone was crashed.  Or cosmetically damaged at least?

Nope. Camera and gimbal were fully functional and transmiting to / receiving from the remote as well as the DJI GO app. I was also able to record video and take photos. However after attempting to update the firmware and having it fail many times, I figured I'd deal with it another time. I went to go fly the P3A and the motors wouldn't start. I was receiving the error "Motors failed to start" on the DJI GO app. I explained all of this to the tech rep I was on the with at DJI in California and he said I'd need to send it in as a RMA so they could do a manual firmware update. Which is exactly what I did. Now I'm being told that the board and cameras need to be replaced and aren't covered by warranty.

I have asked DJI to explain all of this to me, no one seems to be capable of doing so. I just keep receiving responses of, "Someone from another department will contact you soon." It raises some serious red flags when a company can't answer questions as simple as these.
2016-4-13
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

TCC11 Posted at 2016-4-14 00:27
Nope. Camera and gimbal were fully functional and transmiting to / receiving from the remote as wel ...

something seems off,   if you are in the warranty period i don't see how they would fail to honor it.  if everything worked besides the firmware update and then the motors went should all be covered.   i have not idea how the could say the repair would be 789 when you can get a brand new still in the box P3A for 799
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dji- ... 9&skuId=9323034

Did you send your controller and battery out with it?   i can't remotely understand how they would give a repair quite for only 10 bucks less than a brand new drone.    and i doubt they would be replacing the RC, battery, battery charger, and extra props.  which all should been fine from original....  do you have your receipt?  

Dji is known for slow service time but what is going on with you seems quite outrageous.   they make great drones, but repairs/service is only drawl back.  im wondering why they are being so harsh with your repair which should be covered.   

hopefully you can post a pic of receipt. and when your drone comes back screen shot flight records showing date of first flight with it, and all other flights as well.   also post up flight log for last flight flown, and last flight you attempted to fly, finally flight log of drone in current condition with any errors that it may have now that its saying all kinds of things are wrong with it.  

should show if you had any issues present when you shipped it out, and what issues were there, which ones wernt, and which ones it came back with.

Who knows perhaps the package was damaged while in transit?   its possible.    granted this whole post makes dji look pretty bad and not backing anything up.  it may be something neither of you did or didn't do but the carrier who delivered it....
2016-4-13
Use props
TCC11
lvl.1

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-14 13:31
something seems off,   if you are in the warranty period i don't see how they would fail to honor  ...

And now you see exactly why I want answers.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJRL
lvl.2

Germany

TCC11 Posted at 2016-4-14 06:27
Nope. Camera and gimbal were fully functional and transmiting to / receiving from the remote as wel ...

To sum up, you crashed your drone by yourself and you want DJI repair if for free? It's ridiculous....They shipped my phantom back with great service.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

TCC11 Posted at 2016-4-14 14:11
And now you see exactly why I want answers.

Your aircraft may still be under warranty, but you crashed it and the repair cost was lowered for you.
You still did not want the aircraft repaired so it was sent back to you.
And you may have been able to still get video BUT parts of the camera mechanism were broken or bent from the crash and that is why it needed a new camera/gimbal as they are one unit.
2016-4-14
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-14 00:31
something seems off,   if you are in the warranty period i don't see how they would fail to honor  ...

Did I understand correctly that you P3A is still under warranty? If so and regardless of the parts they say need to be replaced, Why are they attempting to charge you for ANYTHING?
                                          EDIT
*Sorry DJI as I missed the part about it being crashed. Mea Culpa.*

2016-4-19
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Rex59 Posted at 2016-4-19 21:10
Did I understand correctly that you P3A is still under warranty? If so and regardless of the parts ...

they aren't trying charging me for anything.     dji-ken looked into it and turns out OP crashed the drone (and failed to mention it)so thats where the damage came from, nothing to do on dji's fault. so yeah should have been billed.  the price changed because they were trying to cut OP a break on the price.   i do think original price is pretty high for just the drone, 10 bucks less than getting whole new unit with RC and battery.   but second price is fair for new bird and gimbal setup    just what ken said and op is claiming drone has never been crashed
2016-4-19
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-19 20:51
they aren't trying charging me for anything.     dji-ken looked into it and turns out OP crashed th ...

Thanks for clearing this up for me quickpoint.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-20 09:51
they aren't trying charging me for anything.     dji-ken looked into it and turns out OP crashed th ...

Thanks for jumping in to clarify
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules