1296 6 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hilton571
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10220 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys and girls today DJ I posted a new firmware update for the phantom series and the inspires series drone.  This firmware update was a pain using the IOS (Apple iPad mini 3).  Your drone will give you a connection issues where the drone will not connect to your RC.  It turned out that this issue has nothing to do with the drone but only with the IOS go app. My android tablet worked just fine. I contacted DJI helpdesk this morning after attempting the firmware update with no success just suggestions.  The technician did mention that it might be an issue with the IOS go app. He was right The android version of the go app loaded my firmware and operates my drones correctly.  I'm lucky to have an android tablet as well as an iPad tablet. I own three DJI drones ( Phanton 3 Professional, Inspire 1 and Phanton 4. All three drones required firmware updates and all three experienced similar firmware install problems. My Inspire 1 would  not recognize the new firmware upgrade and therefore would not install with my iPad but would with my android tablet. Let's see when the IOS fix comes.
2016-4-8
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Glad you are up and running.  I have an I -pad air and My update went smooth as silk for my Inspire.  The only Hiccup I had was with one of my battery packs. but this had nothing to do with I pad or go app,  I think it is crucial that you have a reliable Fast Wi-Fi connection for best results.

Donnie
2016-4-9
Use props
Jim09
lvl.3
United States

I'll be attempting an update on my inspire RC using my iPad mini 4 on Friday... Hopefully I won't run into any problems ... My only other option is my iPhone 6
2016-4-13
Use props
jeffmcrae52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jim09 Posted at 2016-4-14 12:46
I'll be attempting an update on my inspire RC using my iPad mini 4 on Friday... Hopefully I won't ru ...

Watch the tutorial video on DJI site do the AC first check that it was a success place the card back in the camera(with the firmware still on it) and do each battery. Turn the AC off hook iPad to RC as per normal open DJI app and download RC firmware and install (will need internet connection for this) once finished reboot both AC & RC. I always do compass and IMU cal. after updates. Take note of the beeping as these are an indicator of the process.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Jim09 Posted at 2016-4-14 10:46
I'll be attempting an update on my inspire RC using my iPad mini 4 on Friday... Hopefully I won't ru ...

Both should work just fine.
2016-4-14
Use props
Jim09
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-14 19:52
Both should work just fine.

Cheers Ken...
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Cheers, the update will be fine. If you have any issues, power up the app and RC and do a CSC command and that should bering up the RC requires update.
You can also delete the app, power cycle the device then reinstall the app and do the RC update.
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules