Collision detection fault.
1830 20 2016-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, im having an issue with my 3 day old Phantom 4. For some reason the collision detection keeps deactiving itself for no apparent reason. I could be half way through a flight and it will suddenly stop working and cant be acivated again. It seems to stop working as much as it works!! Im running the most recent firmware, have done several IMU callibrations but nothing seems to work. I get a red line through the sensor icon on the DJI go app when it stops working. Help please!!
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Strange issue. Did any error message prompt up at that time? BTW, you can update the firmware and app to give it a try again in a safe place. It would be better if you can post a video link of this issue here.
2016-4-9
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No I don't get any error messages, just at any point in the flight or just turning the quad on I will get a red line through the collision detection icon and the sensors stop working. I've updated and re updated everything. I obviously can't trust this feature to work at all plus this effects some other features like the smart return home ect.
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

kylehancock334@ Posted at 2016-4-9 17:11
No I don't get any error messages, just at any point in the flight or just turning the quad on I wil ...

Could you post a screenshot of the red line here? Also, does the sensing system calibration work normally?
2016-4-9
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes I'm currently at work but will definitely add a picture when I get home. Yes everything seems to calibrate normally. The only thing I've noticed is that when the phantom does its warm up the IMU check takes much longer than everything else and is always the last thing to complete. But as I only have my own Phantom for reference I don't know if this is normal or not.
2016-4-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

kylehancock334@ Posted at 2016-4-9 05:28
Yes I'm currently at work but will definitely add a picture when I get home. Yes everything seems to ...

that is currently normal, at least for me. The first few days i got the Phantom 4, it didn't have to warm up like it does now, but now it has to warm up for a few minutes before i'm able to launch. I've seen a lot of other posts about people having the same issue, so it seems pretty normal.
2016-4-9
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-9 13:16
that is currently normal, at least for me. The first few days i got the Phantom 4, it didn't have  ...

Thanks for that, at least thats one concern off my list lol.
2016-4-9
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-9 10:15
Could you post a screenshot of the red line here? Also, does the sensing system calibration work n ...

Heres a picture for you, once again not obstacle avoidance working on Phantom and red line through obstacle avoidance icon
2016-4-9
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sorry how do you attach photo?
2016-4-9
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

kylehancock334@ Posted at 2016-4-9 12:22
Sorry how do you attach photo?

You have to upload to something like photobucket and then post the link here
2016-4-9
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-9 07:16
that is currently normal, at least for me. The first few days i got the Phantom 4, it didn't have  ...

I'm guessing that you performed an IMU calibration at some point, which is why you are now getting the "IMU is warming up message" every time you power on the P4.  This is a holdover problem first encountered on the P3.  But it is easy to fix.  But, I must warn you, your wife will question your sanity when you execute the following fix.

FIX for extended "IMU is Warming Up" delay on powering on the P4:  Let your P4 cool down from any recent flights. Remove the battery.  Place the P4 on a shelf in your refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to reduce the temperature of its internal electronics well below ambient temperature. {Warn your spouse so he/she doesn't freak out if they happen to open the refrigerator during this time!}

Remove the P4 from the fridge, place it on a perfectly level surface, turn on the RC, start DJI GO app, and then power on the P4.  Get into the Advanced Sensor Options and immediately start an IMU calibration (do NOT wait for "IMU is warming up message" to go away).  You need to perform the IMU calibration while the P4 electronics are still COLD.  

This cold IMU calibration will eliminate long delays waiting for "IMU is warming up" message to go away. You will now see "IMU is warming up" message for less than 10 seconds when you power on the P4.  

NOTE: This cold IMU calibration procedure is well documented in the P3 forum and approved/recommended by DJI reps.  Not many posts on it in the P4 forum - YET.
2016-4-9
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello! kylehancock334 shared an album with you.   View Album, http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/kylehancock334/library/
2016-4-9
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2016-4-9 22:59
I'm guessing that you performed an IMU calibration at some point, which is why you are now getting ...

Hi, thanks for the info, ive managed to put a link up to show my fault? If you or anyone could help with what this could be I'd be hugely grateful!! Dont want to have to send this back if i can avoid it. Ive tried everything else i can think of. Tried to use it today and all sensors for avoidance were not working again. Thanks!!
2016-4-9
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any ideas what this could be anyone? Plz
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

kylehancock334@ Posted at 2016-4-11 05:35
Any ideas what this could be anyone? Plz

It is strange that the sensing system automatically turns off without any operation in the air. I'll pass it to our R&D team.But what's more, it would be better it to record a video of this issue clearly and post it here.
2016-4-10
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-11 04:25
It is strange that the sensing system automatically turns off without any operation in the air. I' ...

I could do that, but how do you record footage of the dji app to show thos happening? Flew in doors over the weekend and half way through flying i got that red line through the icon and started drifting around. Couldnt get it to turn back on again. Thanks.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

kylehancock334@ Posted at 2016-4-11 16:29
I could do that, but how do you record footage of the dji app to show thos happening? Flew in door ...

Or you can sync the flight records. Then leave me your DJI account and the accurate date of the issue here.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

BTW, did you switch the flight mode to A/S mode during the flight?
2016-4-11
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-11 10:07
BTW, did you switch the flight mode to A/S mode during the flight?

Every time its gone off on its own I have the switch set too P? Apart from that im not sure how the other settings work yet so have never changed it. I understand these features are deactivated in Sports mode ect but so far i have kept it in P mode.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

kylehancock334@ Posted at 2016-4-11 23:27
Every time its gone off on its own I have the switch set too P? Apart from that im not sure how th ...

It is strange that the sensing system automatically turns off in the air in P mode without any command. Please upload your flight record and leave me your DJI account.
2016-4-11
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok will do asap thanks!!
2016-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules