Firmware Upgrade Notes
63458 186 2016-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
id
New

United States

Every 2 minutes or so I get a notification on my mac that DJI Assistant has been upgraded, and that I should reboot.    I've rebooted a number of time.  I've rebooted the mac, and the Phantom...    Still, the assistant doesn't recognize the phantom and the notification keeps popping up.
2016-4-13
Use props
scott.satellite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
United States

I downloaded DJC GO on my iPhone (I use an NVIDA Shield to fly) and was able to downgrade.

But now using my NVIDIA Shield its not asking me to upgrade the controller again nor is it asking me too on the iPhone.  (Aircraft is at 01.01.0301 and RC is at 1.5.80.
2016-4-13
Use props
fidelaga
New

Mexico

kkcarlsen97 Posted at 2016-4-11 23:04
I've been having the same issues as of tonight, after installing the firmware updates to both the co ...

Having the same exact problem. Is there any link to the solution ?
2016-4-13
Use props
jaykohler
New

United States

justjeff007 Posted at 2016-4-13 10:04
Update Success!
Don't know if this was stated already but this worked for me. It was essential to u ...

could you explain Exactly how do you downgrade back on the rc
2016-4-13
Use props
anthonytori
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Went to go fly my drone today and saw upgrade needed. Tried upgrading RC - that worked. Now the P4 keeps saying failed to upgrade on the DGI Assistant. Went through the thread and saw this is a few days old and no official update from DJI?
2016-4-13
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.3

Venezuela

Why is this kind of information in the Osmo section when clearly is an information to the Drones users?
2016-4-13
Use props
jpg
lvl.1
  • >>>

The firmware notes should not be an after thought! I saw the DJI Inspire 1 update firmware e-mail, and I went to do it through my remote. Now, it won't fly or enter Travel mode. I see the note says this could happen...WHY ISN'T THIS HIGHLIGHTED much higher in the e-mail, and/or a note made in the Firmware Update warning in the DJI GO APP?

So, what do I do? My Inspire 1 won't enter travel mode, nor fly...
2016-4-13
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-13 14:56
What do you mean by your gimbal is stuffed?
When you did the attempted the firmware update with yo ...

Hi Ken,

updated on saturday 9th. Updated Inspire first, resulted in solid "DDDD" with failure notice in txt file. Tried again, same result. Reformatted card, downloaded bin file again, tried a 3rd time with a different battery and failed as well as deeming the power indicators on the battery dead.

DJI chat checked the log file and said that the battery and video module was now not working. Gimbal  being sent back to DJI for repair. Aircraft and battery fixed by installing update again with a different gimbal.

Case number is  CAS-117089-G5Z2L2 - if the log file is not with the case number let me know and I will post. Cannot seem to add the file as an attachment. As it is quite long, do you want me to just copy and paste into reply? Thanks Ken
2016-4-13
Use props
tyojunior25.tj
New

Indonesia

hallo everybody.
2016-4-13
Use props
tyojunior25.tj
New

Indonesia

hello everybody. im from indonesia. im using dji phantom 3 pro. i got crashed yesterday.  and now it shows some troubles. first at my phone display,  it will shown "no signal" and there's no video display or anything. and then it start to beeping like it's gonna upgrade, but after few secs it starts to make long beep constantly and very annoy.  afterall sometime when i powered on the rc & aircraft it seems to be fine like nothing happened. the video shows up. no bepeping sounds. all the system works well. but it just sometimes, mostly dont,  just like i described earlier. please kindly help me fix my problem ? so frustating about this. any clue or any solution please just let me know. thanks guys. best regards
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Wolfman Posted at 2016-4-14 12:15
Hi Ken,

updated on saturday 9th. Updated Inspire first, resulted in solid "DDDD" with failure not ...

The hidden log file just go ahead and post it if you want but if you already talked to support and they saw the log file and said it was your video transmission module then there's really no reason for me to look at it as they already found the issue.
And I cannot look at EU support info, I can only see US info.
It may look like you have module 8 and 15 Device Not Detected.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

tyojunior25.tj Posted at 2016-4-14 12:28
hello everybody. im from indonesia. im using dji phantom 3 pro. i got crashed yesterday.  and now it ...

I'm sorry about your crash, possibly the gimble cables came loose if you said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If the two ribbon cables are plugged in tight to the gimble plate then there is probably internal damage you would need to contact support or if you provide your email I can contact someone for you but it won't be until tomorrow. If you start a ticket now, someone may get back to you before tomorrow.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-4-13
Use props
jaykohler
New

United States

What is going on? RC signal loss? Where is the support? DJI WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THIS ISSUE?  What is everyone supposed to do? Did iI just throw away 1400$?
2016-4-14
Use props
gmklinefelter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 804058 ft

jaykohler@iclou Posted at 2016-4-14 19:11
What is going on? RC signal loss? Where is the support? DJI WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THIS ISSUE?  Wh ...

Try reconnecting the craft to the RC. Re-linking may be a better description.  solved my issue after the update.
2016-4-14
Use props
clausboman
lvl.1

Thailand

id Posted at 2016-4-14 01:57
Is there anything that needs to be done on a MAC to get the Phantom 4 to be recognized by the mac ot ...

Will new drones already have this update?
2016-4-14
Use props
ben.riva
New

United States

Do I have to do the upgrades for the inspire 1 in a linear order or can I skip older versions of the firmware and just upload the newest version?.  I put my drone away in October and missed a couple of the upgrades.  I cant fly until I upgrade the firmware. What should I do?
2016-4-14
Use props
ulsamer
New

Germany

This is great. Recieved my P4 2 weeks ago...updated the firmware...and since then I haven't taken off once.
I went ahead and did the latest updates...all it says now is RC signal lost.
The support doesn't answer to my mails wwithin 2-3 days. Also, the german support hotline is a joke. It has an recorded
voice greeting you and then pretending that there is something wrong with the phone conneciton, refering to the email address...funny part is that they recorder 4-5 different people in german and english...they repeat after a couple of calls.

THANK YOU GUYS. I was planning on using this thing for a production. I'm considering throwing it away.

2016-4-14
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ulsamer Posted at 2016-4-14 16:21
This is great. Recieved my P4 2 weeks ago...updated the firmware...and since then I haven't taken of ...

Have a look at page 4&5 on this link this will help you with the issue you havehttp://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=5#pid370446
2016-4-14
Use props
Olfbcn
New

Spain

Where can download old firmware, inspire locked in travel mode. And need donwgrade rc. Thanks
2016-4-14
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

OK.. here is the procedure to "unbrick" your inspire 1.
My configuration : Inspire 1 / X5

"
1. Downgrade RC to 1.5.8 ( see other forum posts on this) or whatever version you had last to operate the system (done from ipad, not working from Android for me)
2. Turn on AC
3. Exit Travel Mode (!) Hooray
4. Turn off  AC
5. Format SD Card (check for DCIM files first)
6. Put 1.8.00 bin file on it
7. Insert SD Card into Camera
8. Turn on AC
9. Let it go until it goes DD-D-D - about 15 mins
10. Restart AC
11. Start RC
12. Upgrade RC to 1.6
"

My Inspire and the RC are now reconnected !!!!

2016-4-14
Use props
jeffmcrae52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jaykohler@iclou Posted at 2016-4-14 21:11
What is going on? RC signal loss? Where is the support? DJI WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THIS ISSUE?  Wh ...

Hi, if you dont do the AC first then you will get this RC signal loss
2016-4-14
Use props
fernstrom.peter
New
Flight distance : 211558 ft
Sweden

I have done both reinstalling the app according to your instructions, put on the new firmware version 1.8.1 and the latest app for Android ver 2.7.2.
Has also for IOS 2.7.1 and RC is upgraded
The the camera loses contact after takeoff, the picture is visible but I can not take pictures or film.
Have tried both with DJI GO IOS and Anroid

Nothing happens when I press the button for photo / film.
Sometimes it is the symbol of the SD card marked as broken, have tried several SD cards and even reformatted the card without any difference
2016-4-15
Use props
Mastercliff
New

Russia

Hi! I’m from Russia. I have two DJI Phantom3. After firmware upgraded compass error appears very frequently. (error did not appear in these places earlier).
2016-4-15
Use props
jabokennel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251142 ft
United States

I am using 1.6, do I need to upgrade to 1.7 before  going to 1.8?
2016-4-15
Use props
snidlywiplash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381729 ft
United States

How do you reformat sd card if you can't get controller do it ,it keeps saying ad card timeout
2016-4-15
Use props
ThomasVogels
lvl.1

Germany

Did all the right steps. Controller & Phantom 4 devices upgraded to the latest version through iPhone 6. Now I'm getting "RC Signal Lost". What Am I doing wrong?
2016-4-15
Use props
neilemery85
lvl.1

United Kingdom

New phantom 4 just won't work!! 5 hours updating firmware but still not connecting aaahhhh.....
2016-4-15
Use props
Lgpproducciones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6143999 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Finally and and a week after i install 1.7 i upgrated to 1.8 and finall firmware upgrade ... on my Inspire 1 Version 1
I have flown 7 times already and i have to said i miss the power i had before on versions 1.3.2 i do not knnow why they change max speed ?
Also now i have horizon problems ...... i have to adjust Roll axis all the time. I have never had thise problem befor with version 1.3.2 and 1.5 ....Also noticed with new firmware that it does NOT maintain the attitude so good since i installed .. be carefull with that                                                
Also noticed with new firmware that it does NOT maintain the alttitude so good since i installed ...

Also noticed with new firmware that it does NOT maintain the alttitude so good since i installed ...Also noticed with new firmware that it does NOT maintain the attitude so good since i installed ...                                                
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               #120                                                          

2016-4-15
Use props
joencasa
lvl.2
Mexico

what is the improvement of the new update 1.8.80 in the P3A? really you need to upgrade?  Would you have any problem to flight , if you don't upgrade ?
2016-4-15
Use props
gedrius
New
Lithuania

This was tough for me too because drivers for the aircracf and the remote controller are different and my updated DJI GO app on iOS did not upgade my RC automatically (bug in the new DJI GO app version for iOS users).
So I have found this useful link for RC upgrade to 1.6 ver. after you upgrade your Phantom 3 aircraft:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _FW_V01.06.0000.bin

Download it to the root folder of your USB flash then while aircraft and RC are off insert the USB flash to RC’s USB port then turn your RC on and upgrade will begin. Wait for several seconds while LED indicator turns blue and beeps then red then it goes green. Turn the RC off and back on, turn your upgraded Aircraft on and you are ready to fly again with encrypted signal for safer flights.

Fly safe and enjoy good moments with DJI, folks ;)

Origo777
2016-4-15
Use props
Origo777
New
Lithuania

This was tough for me too because drivers for the aircraft and the remote controller are different and my updated DJI GO app on iOS did not upgade my RC automatically (bug in the new DJI GO app version for iOS users perhaps).
So I have found this useful link for RC upgrade to 1.6 ver. after you upgrade your Phantom 3 aircraft (hope it works with Phantom 4 as well):
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _FW_V01.06.0000.bin

Download it to the root folder of your USB flash then while aircraft and RC are off insert the USB flash to RC’s USB port then turn your RC on and the upgrade will begin. Wait for several seconds while LED indicator turns blue and beeps then red then it goes green. Turn the RC off and back on, turn your upgraded Aircraft on and you are ready to fly again with encrypted signal for safer flights.

Fly safe and enjoy good moments with DJI, folks ;)

Origo777
2016-4-15
Use props
dsmith76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307087 ft
  • >>>
United States

Origo777 Posted at 2016-4-15 16:07
This was tough for me too because drivers for the aircraft and the remote controller are different a ...

In the most recent update for Phantom 3 Pro, there is no longer the link on the dji software to calibrate the quad, although the green light is already flashing in the back end. Does the latest firmware automatically calibrate the quad?
2016-4-15
Use props
tokenbrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384094 ft

dsmith76 Posted at 2016-4-16 05:29
In the most recent update for Phantom 3 Pro, there is no longer the link on the dji software to ca ...

Despite reboot, the download on DJI Assistant fails at 25% every time......
I decided to try the update on a different computer.  I loaded up DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop and although the upgrade still failed, it got to 100% this time. (The desktop would only load to 21%).  So I went back to my original desktop computer and uninstalled the DJI Assistant Software, rebooted, downloaded and reinstalled it.  This time the P4 updated quickly and easily - I tested it with the remote controller and it's working fine now.

It seems that the DJI Assistant 2 software was the cause of my update problems. The original updates at the time of purchase loaded fine, so I don't know why it failed on this subsequent update.

2016-4-15
Use props
Finally got the upgrade to work for me. The DJI Assistant 2 program (Windows 10)  was annoyingly useless this time, and I, assuming the upgrade process would go as smoothly as it did when I originally recieved and upgraded my Phantom 4 just updated the RC first. After upgrading first I attempted to update the AC with the DJI assistant 2 program like I had last time but it routinely failed. So after 20 some attempts and a dozen or so restarts of my PC and AC/RC I opted instead to attempt upgrade from the DJI Go app on my Ipad Mini 4. Results were the same as everyone else, the download failed routinely. So after that and reading some responses, I did what everyone else having the problem did, I downgraded my RC and then upgraded my AC from the DJI go app and it worked perfectly. Then I just upgraded the RC and I was all squared away (have not flown yet after the upgrade).

So anyone else with a Phantom 4, I highly recommend upgrading the AC first before the RC. Also I recommend reading the forums first to see what issues others have been having which is something I'll be doing from now on before just jumping right into something acting like I know what I'm doing.
2016-4-15
Use props
vspitalsky
New

United States

Why does my camera not roll up or down now from the remote.  
2016-4-15
Use props
alexmaranan
New

United States

Help I did the dumb thing and did not read first. I power up both RC then Inspire 1. Message popped up and says RC need firmware upgrade. Did the up grade and then tried to take out of travel mode. Found out to late to update Inspire 1 first. Now I cannot get it out of travel mode. I also try to upgrade Inspire 1 through camera but camera does nothing, no moment calibration. Blue lite is on solid.
I then manually turned the screw yoke and took it out of travel mode thinking that would work.

Please help ASAP I have a project site we are using the new XT FLIR in two days! Need this Inspire to work!
2016-4-15
Use props
officesnacks
lvl.1

United States

I just received my P4 today. Firmware upgrade went perfect on the first try for the Drone using the DJI Assistant 2. How do we update the remote controls firmware (or don't we)? Connecting the remote control to the Assistant 2 software does not work. Any ideas?
2016-4-15
Use props
pi.productions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 831247 ft

Firmware updated fine on Inspire 1, and Inspire Pro. New info in Dji Go app. Growth of value. What is this. My value is 326,913 with LV22.
2016-4-15
Use props
mywanaka
New

New Zealand

HI There
I am trying to download the firmware update using a MAC however I cannot open the .bin file. I can see the file on my computer but everytime I click to open it it looks like its opening then application disappears.  Anyone know whats going wrong??  Thanks in advance.
2016-4-15
Use props
timcollett
New

United States

Just did the firmware update for PS3 and nw my controller has a weak signal and can barely get to 150m right above me without activating RTH, i have another controller so i linked that one and still the same thing weak signal? Anyone else know whats going on here or having the same issue?
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules