Transcoding for Adobe pp and FC Pro
611 3 2016-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soerenlandersen
lvl.2

Denmark

Hello forum
I'm kinda new to all this - bought a advanced model and I love it!
I have access (licence) to both Adobe premiere Pro and final cut because I am a teacher at a school with film classes :-)
I know a little about both - and in some way know my way around in software like that because i produce music for the Danish broadcasting.....  But then again - when it comes to foottage i'm a novice :-)
My question goes - what are the best transcoding for my use?....I film in 1080 and often 60 fps - got a lot of friends who do skateboarding.... But also Nature and so on :-)
Got a bunch of other things I could ask about - but I take it from the top :-)
Hope for your understanding :-)

2016-4-9
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

Can only speak for FCP - ProRes if you want the best overall experience - With FCP there is an option to create "Optimised Media" when you import, if you select this it will automatically encode if encoding will improve things, if the file doesn't need encoding into won't do it - but with P3/4 footage etc it will encode to Prores. ProRes gives "stunning quality at surprisingly small file sizes" to quote Apple.
Any other questions, ask away, happy to help

p.s one other thing IMO FCP has a much easier interface to use and is much easier to get the hang of.  PP is of course awesome but takes some learning.
2016-4-9
Use props
soerenlandersen
lvl.2

Denmark

Thank you! :-)
2016-4-9
Use props
soerenlandersen
lvl.2

Sweden

birdingbilly Posted at 2016-4-9 13:34
Can only speak for FCP - ProRes if you want the best overall experience - With FCP there is an optio ...

Interface - that was the word I was looking for :-)
But FCP is at a glance my favorite :-)
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules