Great Support Experience After P3P Crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just wanted to post and give a huge thumbs UP to the support staff at DJI.
I live in Indiana and had a crash of my P3P on March 29th.  I won't get into the specifics of the crash.....that's for another discussion.
I contacted DJI via email and have gotten great and timely info.
They gave me an almost immediate response (I emailed late in the evening and got a response the next morning), had some questions about the P3 crash and the fact that I had it for 8 months and didn't think it was under any warranty.  They emailed me back right away and said "No matter, send it in anyway", Gave me a RMA number the same day, emailed me specific instructions on how and where to send the P3.....just walked me through the process and answered every question I had.

I even sent an email to complimented them on their professionalism and promptness and they emailed me back to thank me!!!  Who emails a person back to say "Thanks" for saying "Thanks"??
I'm sure the repair will be out of warranty.....but I really don't care that much because I got a lot of life out of my P3.....but what I do care about is the great response I got from the guys/girls at DJI support.  I can only speak for myself, but compared to other returns of a myriad of products over the years, this has been a very positive, pain free experience.

If one of the moderators could pass on my thanks I would be very appreciative.
2016-4-9
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

It is good to hear, that DJI have done something right. Far too many times people are so quick to post negative comments about how they think things should have been done.
My experience of a repair/replacement of my RC was faultless. less than 2 weeks from me sending it back to a brand New one was returned to me. Happy days.
Lets hope yours is under warranty.
Good luck an keep us posted on your repair.
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

If you post your ticket number, that will tell me who you spoke with and I will make sure Monday everyone hears about it.
And thanks for posting.
2016-4-9
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 12:00
If you post your ticket number, that will tell me who you spoke with and I will make sure Monday eve ...

That's the great part about this Ken....I didn't have to talk to anyone.  
It was all emailing back and forth, and unfortunately no one specifically put their name to the emails.....which is a shame.......so my thank you is a blanket "Thank You" to DJI support.
This is my ticket #275966
Thanks Ken for passing this along!!
2016-4-9
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-4-9 11:46
It is good to hear, that DJI have done something right. Far too many times people are so quick to po ...

I will.

Good customer support should be singled out just as often or more when it happens......too bad we don't hear more about the good stuff!
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Tmygun Posted at 2016-4-10 00:20
That's the great part about this Ken....I didn't have to talk to anyone.  
It was all emailing bac ...

Thank you,  see your email trail. Thanks again and your kind words have already been seen by management.
And thanks for using DJI products
2016-4-9
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Winston Churchill said that the UK and USA were two countries separated by a common language.

Old Geezer says that the EU and USA are two continents separated by DJI's standard of Support service.

I'm still waiting to hear if DJI EU are going to give me an RMA number after my TWO month old P3A fell out of the sky for no identifiable reason on Easter Friday (3 weeks ago) ... details in this thread - http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=46777

DJI-Ken ... pretty please ... maybe you could chase them up for me?

Grounded Old Geezer
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-4-10 11:30
Winston Churchill said that the UK and USA were two countries separated by a common language.

Old G ...

Hi Old Geezer! I'm sorry for your experience! Did you get RMA number yet?
2016-4-10
Use props
New

Mine had a flyaway and its a week old. It lost signal and crsshed. I found it and the shell is the only damage.  I wonder if they will replace the shell for no cost?
2016-4-10
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 09:37
Thank you,  see your email trail. Thanks again and your kind words have already been seen by manag ...

I also would like to give a big compliment to DJI service! My P3P was less than 2 months old last month and developed cracks in both lower and upper shells. DJI RMA'd it and had it back to me in less than two weeks with new shells! My ticket number was 271165 and RMA number 0318201691972271165
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

007 Posted at 2016-4-11 10:44
Mine had a flyaway and its a week old. It lost signal and crsshed. I found it and the shell is the o ...

Send it in for repair, they will analyze the flight data and if it was a malfunction it may be a warranty repair if still under warranty.
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-11 11:52
I also would like to give a big compliment to DJI service! My P3P was less than 2 months old last m ...

That's great to hear, thanks for sharing.
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-4-10 11:30

Old G ...

I have Tim checking on your ticket#, thank you for your patience.
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-11 12:56
I have Tim checking on your ticket#, thank you for your patience.

Yes Ken! I've already escalated his case
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

007 Posted at 2016-4-11 10:44
Mine had a flyaway and its a week old. It lost signal and crsshed. I found it and the shell is the o ...

I've already replied you in another thread. We will need some more info  to help you out
2016-4-11
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-11 03:16
Hi Old Geezer! I'm sorry for your experience! Did you get RMA number yet?

Yes Tim - it came in email today.

Now I'm just waiting for the shipping collection info.

Many thanks for poking them ... did you use a sharp stick?

Geezer
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-4-12 01:38
Yes Tim - it came in email today.

Now I'm just waiting for the shipping collection info.

I'm glad your issue got sorted out
2016-4-11
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 12:00
If you post your ticket number, that will tell me who you spoke with and I will make sure Monday eve ...

DJI-Ken,

Is there any way you could email me ......I was contacted by DJI support today after they got my P3 on Friday.....and I'm a little confused.  
Nothing bad, just confused and I thought you might be able to shed some light on the situation.  I'm sure you can get my email from the previous ticket number I gave you.   
2016-4-13
Use props
oks4n4
lvl.2

Indonesia

Too bad DJI has no Authourized Service Center in Indonesia. There are a lot of DJI user here, pls make a local Service Center in Indonesia.
2016-4-13
Use props
bryan1188
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-12 12:24
I'm glad your issue got sorted out

Hi DJI-Tim and Ken,

I am so thankful I found this thread. I am having the same issue with the guys that you helped out from this thread. I am hoping that you can help me the same.

My P3A just dropped from the sky suddenly with a complete lost of power. It was just a month old when the incident happened last May 29. I sent already the drone to the repair center but they void my warranty and charged me for all the cost of the repair for the reason that they can't get the flight data in the aircraft since it can't be turned-on due to its damage. I have the flight logs already uploaded from the dji go app for review.

I hope you can help me escalate my case. Please send me an email so that we can discuss the details of my case.

Thank you for your help! Looking forward to hear from you soon.
2016-6-15
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-4-9 11:46
It is good to hear, that DJI have done something right. Far too many times people are so quick to po ...

Hawks,

Completely forgot to update you on what happened with my situation.  I think I was so stunned that I forgot to make an update.

I shipped my P3P out on April 5th, DJI California received it on the 11th after the weekend..........THEN they shipped it back, completely repaired,  under warranty on the 13th.   I was stunned!
I was sure it would not be covered by warranty, but yet DJI covered it anyway!!  They even sent me a new set of props!!  The P3P was rock solid and already updated with the then current firmware.  
I have flown it for over 40 hours since then with not a single issue.

I can tell you that my initial post above does not even come close to expressing the satisfaction I had with DJI service.....they were just incredible!  I sent them a couple of emails praising them for their work and I really did not do them justice. If your experience with service experience was anything like mine, you must be very happy!!  
2016-6-16
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Well, nice to hear all the good stuff, and also see the DJI guys work with customers here. Thx DJI!
2016-6-16
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Tmygun.
Quality. My experience was very impressive.Im glad you got a great result too.
Keep it up DJI
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules