Android / Osmo
1771 9 2016-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi ,

rather than me asking for specific information on various Android handsets .

What are the basic system requirements to operate the Osmo .

Thank you
2016-4-9
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

hi nomad65, great care needed here! although DJI state minimum android 4.12 I think, the App will not work on all phones with that version- I speak from experience! my LG phone is android 4.2 but won't run the app.  I had to buy a huawei p8 running 5.something to get any action.  This is from their recommended list, so all was good.

The moral is, it is also about processing power as well as the android version.  So I would see if you have a friendly phone company to let you try your Osmo out before investing in a new phone- I did..  
Alternatively, buy one from DJI's recommended list.  It is not simple and good news I'm afraid but at least you will end up with something that works!
best of luck.
Rod and the cat.
2016-4-9
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-4-10 06:53
hi nomad65, great care needed here! although DJI state minimum android 4.12 I think, the App will no ...

Hi ,

thank you Rod , what processor speed are you running ?
2016-4-10
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

nomad65 Posted at 2016-4-10 20:49
Hi ,

thank you Rod , what processor speed are you running ?

The Huwawei P8 is an octocore processor so plenty of grunt!
Rod and the cat
2016-4-10
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Think i will leave it until the Osmo is delivered and try it with my existing Sony Z1 , if it works on that will upgrade to the Sony Z ultra with a bigger screen , eyes are not what they used to be .

Thank you again for your help Rod

Also kind regards to the cat .

While your on , only found out yesterday about them pulling the plug on PC based ground station , thoughts ?
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Welcome to our Forum, Osmo world!
It is recommended to run the DJI GO App in a mobile device with at least 2GB RAM and the ability to support 1080P image. Also, please refer to our recommended mobile device list in our official website.
Thanks for your support!
2016-4-10
Use props
studio.jurdan
New

Belgium

is there any phone at 100 or 1509€ compatible?  if i must buy any phone JUST for this OSMO i don't neef a NASA one, but ONLY one is working and that's all. when i read the compatibility with phone and app, i think that DJI must package a phone with the osmo.
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

studio.jurdan@g Posted at 2016-6-25 06:36
is there any phone at 100 or 1509€ compatible?  if i must buy any phone JUST for this OSMO i don't  ...

I would say packaging a phone with the Osmo is not a bad idea. However, would all of our other customers agree with you?
We'll try our best to improve our service and products so that you may get a better user experience with more reliability and convenience in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-6-26
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

oneplus 3 works very well with the 6GB ram
2016-6-27
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft

Originally ran my osmo on android samsung S4 as the dedicated device separate from my android samsung tab s 10.5 device for running  my DJI  drones my reasoning for this is to have more control over my choice of firmware/software for flying. Always ensuring that my osmo is fully up to date in these early days of the osmo's development.Recently had access to an APPLE IPHONE 6S PLUS and run it for the osmo as you would expect a major improvement from an up to date phone. Always been an android user but extremely impressed with the osmo's improved running on IOS. Would expect the same improvement with an up to date android device.Im note advocating one or the other.Will certainly not be be switching my android tab s for flying.
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules